• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Roster Wishlist after sacrificing some characters from PW3 roster

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
4 weeks ago#11
Boreale posted...
What about Perona? She's very popular so I can see her staying just for that. The other girls are safe.

yea,perona was in marineford and in return to sabaody arc i guess

Anything pretimeskip might be cutoff unfortunately

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1172395220618530816

Also from someone who actually understands japanese the game will have over 40 playable characters

I'd say 41~45 is a safe bet, cuz if it was over 45 he would've said over 45 characters
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum

User Info: EustassDKid

EustassDKid
4 weeks ago#12
hanfoi posted...

Also from someone who actually understands japanese the game will have over 40 playable characters

I'd say 41~45 is a safe bet, cuz if it was over 45 he would've said over 45 characters

Perona was never in marineford.

Lucci will most likely stay, he got updated TS design, appeared in dressrosa and reverie and in the last 2 movies, he is pretty safe.

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
4 weeks ago#13
Damn, if Reverie isn't in, Vivi has zero chance. I can't see them adding Whiskey Peak just for that. Dunno if they will keep Alabasta. Better keep my expectations low sadly
(edited 4 weeks ago)

hanfoi
4 weeks ago#14
EustassDKid posted...
hanfoi posted...

Perona was never in marineford.

Lucci will most likely stay, he got updated TS design, appeared in dressrosa and reverie and in the last 2 movies, he is pretty safe.

Sorry, Perona only was in post-timeskip's return to sabaody arc

Rob lucci is not safe, since he never fought post timeskip.Remember they said in the interview that characters who will strengthen the storytelling of one piece will return, a character that doesnt fight in an arc will not be relevant. So the only way to include him back is to make Enies lobby which i highly doubt will happen
(edited 4 weeks ago)

hanfoi
4 weeks ago#15
Boreale posted...
Damn, if Reverie isn't in, Vivi has zero chance. I can't see them adding Whiskey Peak just for that. Dunno if they will keep Alabasta. Better keep my expectations low sadly

Vivi has zero chance,she never fought significantly in any previous arcs ,she is a weakling in whisky peak which is the only arc where she fought

EustassDKid
4 weeks ago#16
Vivi fought in little garden and alabasta as well.

I still think she has a good shot because of reverie.
I doesnt really matter if Lucci fought or not, since he got a moveset already, was in reverie and dressrosa, and was one of the more prominent characters in the last record breaking one piece movie (stampede), and he was in gold as well.

EustassDKid
4 weeks ago#17
Id say Moria, Kuma, Magellan and Enel get cut.
and maybe they merge the pre ts and ts strawhats.

hanfoi
4 weeks ago#18
ehm ,alot of characters were in Stampede ,Mr.3 was there too. Jewelery bonney and Urouge were there too

This has nothing with bringing him back or not. It's all about the storymode. If an arc is cut out then it's cut out.

Vivi isn't a significant fighter in Reverie,actually no fights took place in reverie and this game is all about fighting.

If you think that Whisky peak or little garden will make a return in the story,then good luck but that's a 0% chance for them to make these 18 year old arcs return now

As for Kuma and Moria, well they were in marineford, if they cut out Kuma and Moriah because of their sizes, then Expect Big mom and Kaido to be NPC as well.

The interview is clear : "This game will have the largest roster of the whole series, however we focus on characters that strengthen the storytelling ,therefore not all playable characters from the previous work will return"

The only reason to cut out characters is that they are no longer relevant to the story mode
(edited 4 weeks ago)

EustassDKid
4 weeks ago#19
hanfoi posted...
ehm ,alot of characters were in Stampede ,Mr.3 was there too. Jewelery bonney and Urouge were there too

This has nothing with bringing him back or not. It's all about the storymode. If an arc is cut out then it's cut out.

Vivi isn't a significant fighter in Reverie,actually no fights took place in reverie and this game is all about fighting.

If you think that Whisky peak or little garden will make a return in the story,then good luck but that's a 0% chance for them to make these 18 year old arcs return now

Lucci was basically one of the main characters, appearing in more promotion than most of the strawhats along with Hancock, Sabo and Law.

Even if she isnt a significant fighter in reverie, she is one the most popular females, and she is relevant again thanks to reverie, and its easy to make the reverie a playable stage.
Vivi, Sabo (potential playable or npc Sai) vs Lucci, admirals

hanfoi
4 weeks ago#20
EustassDKid posted...
hanfoi posted...

Lucci was basically one of the main characters, appearing in more promotion than most of the strawhats along with Hancock, Sabo and Law.

Even if she isnt a significant fighter in reverie, she is one the most popular females, and she is relevant again thanks to reverie, and its easy to make the reverie a playable stage.
Vivi, Sabo (potential playable or npc Sai) vs Lucci, admirals

Jewelery bonney ,Uruoge and Apo also appeared in several PV trailers. Again this has nothing to do with a game roster. If his arc is cut out then he won't make it unfortunately.And recently nothing proves that we will get pretimeskip arcs, just marineford going forward is confirmed so far
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Roster Wishlist after sacrificing some characters from PW3 roster
  • Post New Message