• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Roster Wishlist after sacrificing some characters from PW3 roster

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
1 month ago#1
So it has been officially translated by Griffinstation and ShonenGamez that they will remove some playable characters from PW3 roster ,and replace them with others to strengthen the storytelling of PW4,and knowing that PW4 will have more characters than 37 characters.

https://twitter.com/ShonenGameZ/status/1172310999468167168

Knowing that We have Wano,Whole Cake,Dressrosa,Marineford,Sabaody/return to Sabaody arcs confirmed to return in the story so far

Let's predict a list of 42 characters ,you can add up to new 10 characters .And sacrifice as many characters as you wish from the previous game roster

Also mention which costumes do you think will return

Example:

remastered returning characters:

1-Luffy (PreTS (marineford costume)/PTS/Wedding)
2-Nami (PTS)
3-Sanji (PTS/Wedding)
4-Ussop (PTS)
5-Zoro (PTS)
6-Franky (PTS)
7-Brooky (PTS)
8-Robin (PTS)
9-Jimbe (PreTS(marineford costume)/PTS)
10-Tony Chopper (PTS)
11-Ace
12-Akainu (PreTS/PTS)
13-Borsalino (PreTS)
14-Aokiji (PreTS/PTS)
15-Fujitora
16-Doflamingo
17-Boa Hancock (Marineford costume)
18-Trafalgar D. Law (PreTS/PTS)
19-Monkey D. Garp
20-WhiteBeard
21-Marco (Marineford costume)
22-Smoker (PreTS/PTS)
23-Tashigi (PTS)
24-Caesar Clown
25-Sabo (PTS/Lucy)
26-Crocodile (Marineford outfit)
27-Blackbeard (PreTS/Double devil fruits)
28-Shanks (Marineford costume)
29-Perona (PreTS/PTS)
30-Buggy (MarineFord)
31-Ivankov
32-Dracule Mihawke

New Characters:

1-Carrot
2-Ichiji
3-Niji
4-Yonji
5-Reiju
6-Basil Hawkins
7-Barlomeo
8-Cavendish
9-Katakuri
10-Eustas Captain Kidd

<Kuma(MarineFord),Gecko Moriah (Marineford) ,Big Mom and Kaido possibly playable in giant mode only so we'd not count them here>

Characters sacrificed:
1-Enel
2-Magellan
3-Rob Lucci
4-Kuma
5-Gecko Moriah
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum

User Info: satat317

satat317
1 month ago#2
hanfoi posted...
So it has been officially translated by Griffinstation and ShonenGamez that they will remove some playable characters from PW3 roster ,and replace them with others to strengthen the storytelling of PW4,and knowing that PW4 will have more characters than 37 characters.

https://twitter.com/ShonenGameZ/status/1172310999468167168

Knowing that We have Wano,Whole Cake,Dressrosa,Marineford,Sabaody/return to Sabaody arcs confirmed to return in the story so far

Let's predict a list of 42 characters ,you can add up to new 10 characters .And sacrifice as many characters as you wish from the previous game roster

Also mention which costumes do you think will return

Example:

remastered returning characters:

1-Luffy (PreTS (marineford costume)/PTS/Wedding)
2-Nami (PTS)
3-Sanji (PTS/Wedding)
4-Ussop (PTS)
5-Zoro (PTS)
6-Franky (PTS)
7-Brooky (PTS)
8-Robin (PTS)
9-Jimbe (PreTS(marineford costume)/PTS)
10-Tony Chopper (PTS)
11-Ace
12-Akainu (PreTS/PTS)
13-Borsalino (PreTS)
14-Aokiji (PreTS/PTS)
15-Fujitora
16-Doflamingo
17-Boa Hancock (Marineford costume)
18-Trafalgar D. Law (PreTS/PTS)
19-Monkey D. Garp
20-WhiteBeard
21-Marco (Marineford costume)
22-Smoker (PreTS/PTS)
23-Tashigi (PTS)
24-Caesar Clown
25-Sabo (PTS/Lucy)
26-Crocodile (Marineford outfit)
27-Blackbeard (PreTS/Double devil fruits)
28-Shanks (Marineford costume)
29-Perona (PreTS/PTS)
30-Buggy (MarineFord)
31-Ivankov
32-Dracule Mihawke

New Characters:

1-Carrot
2-Ichiji
3-Niji
4-Yonji
5-Reiju
6-Basil Hawkins
7-Barlomeo
8-Cavendish
9-Katakuri
10-Eustas Captain Kidd

<Kuma(MarineFord),Gecko Moriah (Marineford) ,Big Mom and Kaido possibly playable in giant mode only so we'd not count them here>

Characters sacrificed:
1-Enel
2-Magellan
3-Rob Lucci
4-Kuma
5-Gecko Moriah

0/10
"I'm a shapeshifter..... chained down to my core.
Please don't take off my mask... my place to hide."
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: kazesan

kazesan
1 month ago#3
They said over 40 so 41-49 characters is quite a bit of space since I really doubt Rob Lucci gets cut. Enies Lobby/ Water 7 is by many considered the best arc pre time skip, introduces gears, introduces a bunch of characters and is pretty much a perfect stage for a musou game so I highly doubt it doesn't get included. Plus Lucci is popular he keeps appearing post time skip and in the movies I wouldn't be surprised if they even added Kaku as well if Enies Lobby is one of the main arcs in the game.

Cutting Enel and Skypeia is also problematic. Sure the story is kind of isolated but it is a major arc and has lots of diversity just in terms of the geography and enemies. Plus Enel is just such a good character to have in a musou game.

So in my list I would probably take out Garp since he just doesn't appear in the story much and maybe Ivankov since I don't know if they will cover impel down at all and just skip straight to marineford.

hanfoi
1 month ago#4
kazesan posted...
They said over 40 so 41-49 characters is quite a bit of space since I really doubt Rob Lucci gets cut. Enies Lobby/ Water 7 is by many considered the best arc pre time skip, introduces gears, introduces a bunch of characters and is pretty much a perfect stage for a musou game so I highly doubt it doesn't get included. Plus Lucci is popular he keeps appearing post time skip and in the movies I wouldn't be surprised if they even added Kaku as well if Enies Lobby is one of the main arcs in the game.

Cutting Enel and Skypeia is also problematic. Sure the story is kind of isolated but it is a major arc and has lots of diversity just in terms of the geography and enemies. Plus Enel is just such a good character to have in a musou game.

So in my list I would probably take out Garp since he just doesn't appear in the story much and maybe Ivankov since I don't know if they will cover impel down at all and just skip straight to marineford.

Who said over 40? noone really said that,if you have a source for that info please post it otherwise don't spread false assumptions as facts

Also Over 40 can be 41 or 42 not necessarily 49.

User Info: kazesan

kazesan
1 month ago#5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QlhjmlB9vM

I thought they said it in Vjump stream but they say it again in this stream check at 22 min mark producer from Bandai says over 40. So we know at least 41 characters if not more so they can't be cutting too many unless they also add many more new ones.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Karma21

Karma21
1 month ago#6
If Enel and Magellan and Moriah will get cut that means we won't have 3 arcs. Are they cutting arcs too? They should only cut characters that don't appear in the story much

hanfoi
1 month ago#7
Over 40 doesn't mean 49

I mean the number could be close to 40. Also we already got 5 confirmed new characters so it means that if the number is close to 40 we are losing too many characters from the previous game.

we are supposed to be at 42 now if none of the previous characters gets cut off. But i think they are cutting off some characters to be able to add alittle bit more

I told you guys before that PW4 won't exceed a certain limit of characters because they want to sell future video games and if this game gets 50 or more characters easily,then they wont be able to compete with its roster in the future titles
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
1 month ago#8
They better don't cut mah girl Tashigi.

hanfoi
1 month ago#9
Boreale posted...
They better don't cut mah girl Tashigi.

probably won't cuz she appeared post timeskip and she is a protagonist.

The ones to worry about are Huge characters,villains or pre-timeskip characters.

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
1 month ago#10
What about Perona? She's very popular so I can see her staying just for that. The other girls are safe.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Roster Wishlist after sacrificing some characters from PW3 roster
  • Post New Message