• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. So should I catch up on the anime or just play this game?

User Info: Raiden243

Raiden243
1 week ago#1
I stopped right at the last episode of Dressrosa and have no idea who the new characters are. Are the new episodes worth a watch or just play PW4? Since World Seeker is trash.

User Info: Aegiros

Aegiros
1 week ago#2
It’s likely worth a watch. I read the manga but the anime should be up to where the story mode ends in this game. I plan to catch up on the anime some day.

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
1 week ago#3
The arcs after Dressrosa are very story-heavy that i doubt any game could properly adapt them.

Even the previous Pirate Warriors didn't do much justice to the story imo. They shouldn't be treated as replacement of the source material.

So, read the manga
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
1 week ago#4
No game should be treated as a source material when you've a manga for it.

User Info: Veku

Veku
1 week ago#5
I don't want to be the guy but...Nvm I actually want to be that guy
I recommend you to read the manga for several reasons.

- Pacing of the anime is terrible, half of a chapter up to one manga chapter is covered by one episode at best
- The animation is doing anything but doing the manga justice, except Wano maybe for the most part until now
- Filler are not only added to drag the episodes, sometimes Toei has even gone so far that it contradicts the manga (it's really a shame)

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
1 week ago#6
I do agree. I read the manga. Last episode from the anime I watched was from Whiskey Peak, so it's been a while. I just prefer buying pretty books with nice drawings.
(edited 1 week ago)

Raiden243
1 week ago#7
Also I stopped watching because the animations are so terrible and the f***ing flashbacks in Dressrosa are the same thing but slightly altered. I finished Dressrosa though it left a bad taste in my mouth. A lot of good moments in the arc, started out really well but half way in it got so boring.

I don't read manga but from what I've heard the manga is actually really good and the anime just does a lot of stupid decisions.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Veku

Veku
1 week ago#8
Raiden243 posted...
Also I stopped watching because the animations are so terrible and the f***ing flashbacks in Dressrosa are the same thing but slightly altered. I finished Dressrosa though it left a bad taste in my mouth. A lot of good moments in the arc, started out really well but half way in it got so boring.

I don't read manga but from what I've heard the manga is actually really good and the anime just does a lot of stupid decisions.

Dressrosa was really the worst anime- arc
The arcs after are slightly better, but it's really not worth it, the quality of the source material is far a head of the anime, reading the manga would really do you a favor.

Raiden243
1 week ago#9
Veku posted...
Raiden243 posted...

Dressrosa was really the worst anime- arc
The arcs after are slightly better, but it's really not worth it, the quality of the source material is far a head of the anime, reading the manga would really do you a favor.

I might just read the manga. Starting from where I left off.

And yes Dressrosa anime arc sucks balls I thought Sky Island was the worst but Dressrosa takes the cake. Weird because even though the post time skp arcs, Sabaody (Return) and Punk Hazard aren't amazing they're still much better than Dressrosa in the anime. Don't know about manga.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: GOATSIE

GOATSIE
1 week ago#10
Anime's pacing might be worse (which is weird to say Oda had also his hand on it by slowing the pace on a few chapters itself), but the Anime gives a much better experience. I mean the Voice Actors, the soundtracks and a lot well animated scenes. the colouring > black and white pictures.

I swear I'm getting bored of how allegedly superior the Manga is over the anime. I'm a Manga reader and a certain part of a certain arc(especially in the period of the last 30 chapters) we had some horrible pacing by Oda and yeah they anime will make it even worse, but it is not always the Animes fault.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. So should I catch up on the anime or just play this game?
  • Post New Message