• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Carrot gameplay TGS 2019
Sazz posted...
Hmmm I think I understand now your point of view on what you would like PW4 to have. So something like every possible combination of buttons? for example: ST, R1S, TTCircle, TR1S, SXXX, XTS, etc, etc. (correct me if i'm wrong, i'm just trying to understand you).

It would give insane amount of moves and combos. But being a musou game and also based on anime/manga, that would be way too much stuff added.

You say you haven't seen anyone acting immediately after a power dash like a normal dash? Watch this video gameplay and go minute 4:30. After using Fussen, he uses the power dash rocketto, then launch into air with X to continue with the combo. After that the next thing he does is 1 normal attack with Square, then rocketto again and continue with X launch. Exactly like using normal dashes in PW 3, but the power dash even does damage.

Sort of. It doesn't need to have crazy fighting game style combos. Past PW strings were fine. You had S strings in addition to T strings.

Thanks for the video. I'm still seeing a pause before the jump. You could cancel a dash cancel with an attack in PW3. That's how fluid it was.
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
3DS FC: Tony 0748-1993-0631
digidevilwil posted...
We are seeing R1s turned into the T attack based on Luffy and kuzan, however you can’t cancel into those mid string so you lose the flexibility of when and where to apply them. Less of a problem for Kuzan, but definitely a problem for Luffy since that was how he maintained his enhanced state in PW3. Also with the R1 skills, they are all on a cooldown, considering that someone like Tashigi might utilize all her R1 variants several times within a single attack sequence, that cool down is going to diminish the potential of her play style, unless they give her exceptionally low cooldowns times. How is someone like Trafalgar Law going to play now with his room mechanic? Once again, they might have to give him like an instant cooldown on the R1s otherwise he is going to lose a lot of his unique and flexible design.

Maybe they will be smart enough to know that certain characters need frequent and variable access to certain moves and adjust the cooldown appropriately, but Luffy for instance definitely got his whole enhanced state axed or changed in a not apparent way based on current footage. Zoros sheath charge just doesn’t seem like a thing anymore and Kuzan having to return to a neutral state to use his first T shatter isn’t fluid design at all. Basically every character is just coming off as super standardized in design rather than being able to utilize their unique nuances usually tied into their always accessible R1 fluidly. Sanjis R1, Doflamingos R1, I could go on, but these were so critical to their design. Really trying to see if they care to maintain these characters distinct play style traits or just make everyone more standardized in execution.

Basically it’s almost looking like this is just going to be power dash and jump cancel the game and dump a high DPS R1 series on a stunned boss since you don’t even have to do proper combos on them when stunned anymore. All in all there is still plenty of time for more to be seen, but also the fact that the director has been changed, and the new director is applying design that feels more similar to musou games they did, it definitely feels like this is just a different game all around with a different combat direction. Not that it's a bad thing, but PW3 definitely established itself as one of the best musou games depth and gameplay wise, and while this game looks like it has plenty of it's own flavor, it might be a bit more streamlined in the grand scheme of things which would be slightly unfortunate, but I'm going to still appreciate the game for what it is regardless.

The unique attacks were so awesome and made each character an individual character. There are so many clones in other warriors...
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
3DS FC: Tony 0748-1993-0631

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
4 weeks ago#63
Most warriors games these days tend to not have many if any clones at all. The only one in recent memory that had them iirc was DW9
Bayonetta trilogy coming to Switch. Let the hype consume you

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
4 weeks ago#64
Fire Emblem Warriors had them. The four archers playing the exact same, same for the three Pegasus Knights. There are more.

User Info: Sazz

Sazz
4 weeks ago#65
GuerillaGorilla posted...
I'm still seeing a pause before the jump. You could cancel a dash cancel with an attack in PW3. That's how fluid it was.

Yeah, that feature from PW3 is crazy good, useful and fun to use.

After all gameplays they have shown, there is still a big question I need an answer which is: why none of the players used L2 Dash while fighting, to try dash cancel anything?

I got some possible answers for this but it's just a guess:
- They removed the dodge/ani-cancel strings part and it's exclusive to start running.
- The players were bad and didn't try to use this button at all and checked if it could cancel any string.
- They also never tried to cancel power dash moves with L2 either or a normal attack.

I still have the feeling we are missing something here, that we may discover ourselves when we get to play the game.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2kQu-Asd_cHi2ZYrrMYe_g

User Info: Gojjira

Gojjira
4 weeks ago#66
Sazz posted...
GuerillaGorilla posted...
I'm still seeing a pause before the jump. You could cancel a dash cancel with an attack in PW3. That's how fluid it was.

Yeah, that feature from PW3 is crazy good, useful and fun to use.

After all gameplays they have shown, there is still a big question I need an answer which is: why none of the players used L2 Dash while fighting, to try dash cancel anything?

I got some possible answers for this but it's just a guess:
- They removed the dodge/ani-cancel strings part and it's exclusive to start running.
- The players were bad and didn't try to use this button at all and checked if it could cancel any string.
- They also never tried to cancel power dash moves with L2 either or a normal attack.

I still have the feeling we are missing something here, that we may discover ourselves when we get to play the game.

Its pretty obvious that those were average to under average players that didnt even utiliese air combos at all and seemed to be confused to a certain degree.

And its also obvious that we wont witness the full extent of the game until we play it ourselves or a really capable player like Swillo uploads some guides.
None that saw Tashigis gameplay has guessd that she would be Bosskiller no1 in this game that can infinitely stun them with the R1.

When you ask me a pretty bulls*** mechanic that wasnt meant to be in the game, hopefully they also take out Fujitoras boring R1 Meteor out, one of the cheapest ways to play a videogame i have seen and the least fun way.

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
4 weeks ago#67
Honestly the best conclusion to come to in early gameplay videos for games at events and most often the correct one is that the people there likely don't know a darn thing about what they are doing.
Bayonetta trilogy coming to Switch. Let the hype consume you

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
4 weeks ago#68
True. I was watching a demo of Ys IX. The girl didn't have any idea what she was doing, she was just pressing buttons randomly and saying "Ah, sugoii!" every 2 secs.

User Info: Sazz

Sazz
4 weeks ago#69
Gojjira posted...
None that saw Tashigis gameplay has guessd that she would be Bosskiller no1 in this game that can infinitely stun them with the R1.

When you ask me a pretty bulls*** mechanic that wasnt meant to be in the game, hopefully they also take out Fujitoras boring R1 Meteor out, one of the cheapest ways to play a videogame i have seen and the least fun way.

hahaha yeah the R1 in some characters are very abusive not only Tashigi or Fujitora. Buggy (spamming R1+Square) , Kizaru's, Doflamingo's to trap 24/7 a boss, Shanks also (R1+T), Whitebeard too, and so on.

Between R1 and dash cancel mechanics we can break the game. But also what I love is we can choose between break it or not break it. We aren't forced at anytime.

So hopefully now in PW4 we will have the power dashes and mid-air, air-ground mechanics. Can't wait to test all this new stuff and see how it goes.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2kQu-Asd_cHi2ZYrrMYe_g

User Info: Gojjira

Gojjira
4 weeks ago#70
Sazz posted...
Gojjira posted...

hahaha yeah the R1 in some characters are very abusive not only Tashigi or Fujitora. Buggy (spamming R1+Square) , Kizaru's, Doflamingo's to trap 24/7 a boss, Shanks also (R1+T), Whitebeard too, and so on.

Between R1 and dash cancel mechanics we can break the game. But also what I love is we can choose between break it or not break it. We aren't forced at anytime.

So hopefully now in PW4 we will have the power dashes and mid-air, air-ground mechanics. Can't wait to test all this new stuff and see how it goes.

Man if could get at least a demo with Luffy for the playstation and any other platform if possible.
But i guess we probably neee to wait at the least until march 2020.

We will see what the livestream hasto offer.
Is it tomorrow?
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Carrot gameplay TGS 2019
  • Post New Message