• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Carrot gameplay TGS 2019

User Info: Sazz

Sazz
1 week ago#51
GuerillaGorilla posted...
Maybe you like using the same move over and over again but I don't.

So far, it looks like arial attacks are the same as ground attacks, except in the air, so I wouldn't count that as more attacks.

I respectfully disagree with making your own combos with the special system and power dash. The special system replaces musou in that you have to charge them up and can use them any time. They're the same thing. One difference is that you can't bank them and reuse the same musou if you wanted to. Dash canceling was great in past games because you can cancel any move at any time and there was no lag afterwards. It's another mechanic that made PW stand out from other warriors. However, power dash seems like an attack itself which has lag and is used more for closing distances than starting a new string.

You literally have only one combo chain.

Why would you decline of including special attacks and power dashes into your own combos? I don't understand. A move is a move.
You aren't forced to use same combo or same attack over and over. Take Luffy's moveset from the demo as an example.

It could be something like this:

- Start with power dash + SSTT + power dash + SX + interrumpt with special R1 Storm and let the enemy go down touch the floor + T (jet pistol into wall) + STTT.... there is no "lag" in any moment of this entire combo chain and nothing is repeating.

or something repeatable like this:

- STTT + STTT + STTT + STTT....

Also, I don't know if you noticed but some special moves recharge pretty quick. And for speed type characters, the stamina usage during a power dash is greatly reduced when in Full Force Burst, so it recharges almost immediately.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2kQu-Asd_cHi2ZYrrMYe_g
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: DeeeFoo

DeeeFoo
1 week ago#52
RPGNoZero posted...
Also, is "Animal Kingdom Pirates" the official english name for Kaido Pirates? That's just sounds so lame compared to Beast Pirates.
It is in the VIZ official English manga, which I guess the game is adhering to.
RPGNoZero posted...
Regular dash is still there, in L2 button.

Oh that's good. What's the "kizuna rush" button, or do we not know yet?

Sazz posted...
Why would you decline of including special attacks and power dashes into your own combos? I don't understand. A move is a move.
You aren't forced to use same combo or same attack over and over. Take Luffy's moveset from the demo as an example.

It could be something like this:

- Start with power dash + SSTT + power dash + SX + interrumpt with special R1 Storm and let the enemy go down touch the floor + T (jet pistol into wall) + STTT.... there is no "lag" in any moment of this entire combo chain and nothing is repeating.

or something repeatable like this:

- STTT + STTT + STTT + STTT....

Also, I don't know if you noticed but some special moves recharge pretty quick. And for speed type characters, the stamina usage during a power dash is greatly reduced when in Full Force Burst, so it recharges almost immediately.

I'm not declining from using them. I'm saying they're not different from musou so they aren't new or better.

Power dashes, if lagless, is great. I don't think I've seem footage yet of someone acting immediately after a power dash like a normal dash.

You are repeating a combo because moves are ST, SST, SSST, SSSST, and so on. Adding in musou (or special) and dash canceling here and there is good and improves variety which we agree on. But you have to go through the same S for every single one of the strings.

Recharge time for specials/musou is not really a big deal. Ever play Enel?
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
3DS FC: Tony 0748-1993-0631

User Info: Gojjira

Gojjira
1 week ago#54
Dang i new that some guys here are a little slower than usual but to think some of you have the opinion that this is a step down to the boring s*** from PW2 gameplay really us a proof that your opinions are just here to ignore, ala Fairy Tail is good series type of opinion.

There was nothing that made the previous games superior to this so far.

Better enemie system, more combo chaine, more possibilities for combat, more chars and the thing that most if you ignore is the Maps look leagues better than in any or the previous Games while maintaining the typical musou look (i look at you PW1).

User Info: Sazz

Sazz
1 week ago#55
GuerillaGorilla posted...
I'm not declining from using them. I'm saying they're not different from musou so they aren't new or better.

Power dashes, if lagless, is great. I don't think I've seem footage yet of someone acting immediately after a power dash like a normal dash.

You are repeating a combo because moves are ST, SST, SSST, SSSST, and so on. Adding in musou (or special) and dash canceling here and there is good and improves variety which we agree on. But you have to go through the same S for every single one of the strings.

Recharge time for specials/musou is not really a big deal. Ever play Enel?

Hmmm I think I understand now your point of view on what you would like PW4 to have. So something like every possible combination of buttons? for example: ST, R1S, TTCircle, TR1S, SXXX, XTS, etc, etc. (correct me if i'm wrong, i'm just trying to understand you).

It would give insane amount of moves and combos. But being a musou game and also based on anime/manga, that would be way too much stuff added.

You say you haven't seen anyone acting immediately after a power dash like a normal dash? Watch this video gameplay and go minute 4:30. After using Fussen, he uses the power dash rocketto, then launch into air with X to continue with the combo. After that the next thing he does is 1 normal attack with Square, then rocketto again and continue with X launch. Exactly like using normal dashes in PW 3, but the power dash even does damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz1R0BDyRcA
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2kQu-Asd_cHi2ZYrrMYe_g
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: digidevilwil

digidevilwil
1 week ago#56
Gojjira posted...
Dang i new that some guys here are a little slower than usual but to think some of you have the opinion that this is a step down to the boring s*** from PW2 gameplay really us a proof that your opinions are just here to ignore, ala Fairy Tail is good series type of opinion.

There was nothing that made the previous games superior to this so far.

Better enemie system, more combo chaine, more possibilities for combat, more chars and the thing that most if you ignore is the Maps look leagues better than in any or the previous Games while maintaining the typical musou look (i look at you PW1).

We had dodge offset. That isn't really confirmed to exist yet. We had the unique R1 attacks and mechanics that made each character very different to play as. So far it seems like these unique elements don't exist anymore (Luffy enhance mechanic, Zoro charge mechanic, Aokiji's freeze and s***ter mechanic) Also the bosses just stay staggered no matter what, you don't even have to do a proper combo like before. Basically every character is just generic strings now, but they lose their R1 dynamic, like imagine how Tashigi is going to play in this game without her R1, she just gonna be a cookie cutter sword character now.

I will say the game does look fun, but it seems like we are losing some depth and uniqueness in favor of generic DW like string structure.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/swillo
Twitter - @PandaKingEX, 3rd Place at EVO for Pokken Tournament.

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
1 week ago#57
Didn't Kuzan do his shatter kick in the gameplay video in this topic? Considering we haven't seen much why would we assume those mechanics or even the old R1s are gone? If anything wouldn't it be assumed the old R1 mechanics would be part of the R1 moves here?
Bayonetta trilogy coming to Switch. Let the hype consume you

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
1 week ago#58
That, or the Triangle button that can be used alone.

User Info: digidevilwil

digidevilwil
6 days ago#59
Furryyiffer posted...
Didn't Kuzan do his shatter kick in the gameplay video in this topic? Considering we haven't seen much why would we assume those mechanics or even the old R1s are gone? If anything wouldn't it be assumed the old R1 mechanics would be part of the R1 moves here?

We are seeing R1s turned into the T attack based on Luffy and kuzan, however you can’t cancel into those mid string so you lose the flexibility of when and where to apply them. Less of a problem for Kuzan, but definitely a problem for Luffy since that was how he maintained his enhanced state in PW3. Also with the R1 skills, they are all on a cooldown, considering that someone like Tashigi might utilize all her R1 variants several times within a single attack sequence, that cool down is going to diminish the potential of her play style, unless they give her exceptionally low cooldowns times. How is someone like Trafalgar Law going to play now with his room mechanic? Once again, they might have to give him like an instant cooldown on the R1s otherwise he is going to lose a lot of his unique and flexible design.

Maybe they will be smart enough to know that certain characters need frequent and variable access to certain moves and adjust the cooldown appropriately, but Luffy for instance definitely got his whole enhanced state axed or changed in a not apparent way based on current footage. Zoros sheath charge just doesn’t seem like a thing anymore and Kuzan having to return to a neutral state to use his first T shatter isn’t fluid design at all. Basically every character is just coming off as super standardized in design rather than being able to utilize their unique nuances usually tied into their always accessible R1 fluidly. Sanjis R1, Doflamingos R1, I could go on, but these were so critical to their design. Really trying to see if they care to maintain these characters distinct play style traits or just make everyone more standardized in execution.

Basically it’s almost looking like this is just going to be power dash and jump cancel the game and dump a high DPS R1 series on a stunned boss since you don’t even have to do proper combos on them when stunned anymore. All in all there is still plenty of time for more to be seen, but also the fact that the director has been changed, and the new director is applying design that feels more similar to musou games they did, it definitely feels like this is just a different game all around with a different combat direction. Not that it's a bad thing, but PW3 definitely established itself as one of the best musou games depth and gameplay wise, and while this game looks like it has plenty of it's own flavor, it might be a bit more streamlined in the grand scheme of things which would be slightly unfortunate, but I'm going to still appreciate the game for what it is regardless.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/swillo
Twitter - @PandaKingEX, 3rd Place at EVO for Pokken Tournament.
(edited 6 days ago)
Just wanna say I'm loving what I'm seeing so far. Already got one of the things I wanted with the new stuff movesets for Kuzan. Zoro looks great, and I didn't think I'd like Ichiji but I'm interested now.

Wonder if Sanji will have his Stealth Black as a costume option?
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Carrot gameplay TGS 2019
  • Post New Message