• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Carrot gameplay TGS 2019

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
4 days ago#41
Well, they already said we can change the specials before battle, so I assume all the characters have more than one.

User Info: Demonfiend

Demonfiend
4 days ago#42
i'm hoping this means stuff like crocodile not having to use spada to get to la spada or have desert encierro as a special separate from barjan
No......Nothing....Happened! - Roronoa Zoro
Well, I already dislike Carrot and probably all other speed type characters based soley on their control scheme. Their strings work the exact same in all other warriors games which is a bazillion squares and one triangle attack. It makes for incredibly repetitive gameplay and is why previous PW games were unique among warriors games and the only warriors game I liked.

A damn f***ing shame.

Edit:Veku posted...
- Individual combo trees? https://imgur.com/AyhQQAt

Omfg they went and did it. Why change the one thing that made them stand out from all other warriors games? How can using using the same 10 attacks but only a different ender be fun?

f***.

I'm probably alone in this and will get hate for it but my hype really died down now.
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
3DS FC: Tony 0748-1993-0631
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
4 days ago#44
Yeah, they homogenized the gameplay, it's way more simple now. Don't mind, even if I liked the previous system.

User Info: kazesan

kazesan
4 days ago#45
It isn't really more simple it just depends on the character. You have same number of combos if not more as before if you combine air and ground and that isn't counting basically being able to make your own combos since you can cancel into special moves or power dash at any time. In the previous game there wasn't much use for many combos you just choose the one with the most aoe or damage while some of the others were kind of useless. Now with the special move system there is more variety and you won't have to follow only one combo chain to get access to a move.

Speed type characters should also be able to build special moves up more frequently since they don't have as many combos.

User Info: Sazz

Sazz
4 days ago#46
Guys, stop smoking too much weed.... LOL it's not more simple.

You watched bad players showcasing basic stuff. It's you that will have the ability to make your combo chains interrumpting them and combine ground-air non stop, wall juggling (you can redirect the enemies into it now coz of mid-air mechanic, for example tornado kicks from Ichiji), you can add your power dash move also in the middle of chains....

None of the players in the gameplays are doing complicated stuff, just the basics.

Hell, they can't even turn the camera 180º with the quick button L1, instead they use the joystick taking forever to turn around.

We got power dash, jump/lunch button, 4 special instead of 2 that can chain with normal strings, even using triangle alone is like using the old R1 (see Zoro's Pond Ho spamming in one of the gameplays) which is another move to make chains.

Don't let your hype down just because you saw the screenshot from Veku. It doesn't mean you must follow the basic strings.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2kQu-Asd_cHi2ZYrrMYe_g

User Info: Absalom_sama

Absalom_sama
4 days ago#47
Sazz posted...
Guys, stop smoking too much weed.... LOL it's not more simple.

You watched bad players showcasing basic stuff. It's you that will have the ability to make your combo chains interrumpting them and combine ground-air non stop, wall juggling (you can redirect the enemies into it now coz of mid-air mechanic, for example tornado kicks from Ichiji), you can add your power dash move also in the middle of chains....

None of the players in the gameplays are doing complicated stuff, just the basics.

Hell, they can't even turn the camera 180º with the quick button L1, instead they use the joystick taking forever to turn around.

We got power dash, jump/lunch button, 4 special instead of 2 that can chain with normal strings, even using triangle alone is like using the old R1 (see Zoro's Pond Ho spamming in one of the gameplays) which is another move to make chains.

Don't let your hype down just because you saw the screenshot from Veku. It doesn't mean you must follow the basic strings.

This. I feel like that we can be more creative with the combos as we are controlling them
kazesan posted...
It isn't really more simple it just depends on the character. You have same number of combos if not more as before if you combine air and ground and that isn't counting basically being able to make your own combos since you can cancel into special moves or power dash at any time. In the previous game there wasn't much use for many combos you just choose the one with the most aoe or damage while some of the others were kind of useless. Now with the special move system there is more variety and you won't have to follow only one combo chain to get access to a move.

Speed type characters should also be able to build special moves up more frequently since they don't have as many combos.

Maybe you like using the same move over and over again but I don't.

So far, it looks like arial attacks are the same as ground attacks, except in the air, so I wouldn't count that as more attacks.

I respectfully disagree with making your own combos with the special system and power dash. The special system replaces musou in that you have to charge them up and can use them any time. They're the same thing. One difference is that you can't bank them and reuse the same musou if you wanted to. Dash canceling was great in past games because you can cancel any move at any time and there was no lag afterwards. It's another mechanic that made PW stand out from other warriors. However, power dash seems like an attack itself which has lag and is used more for closing distances than starting a new string.

You literally have only one combo chain.
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
3DS FC: Tony 0748-1993-0631

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
4 days ago#49
Regular dash is still there, in L2 button.
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
4 days ago#50
Also, is "Animal Kingdom Pirates" the official english name for Kaido Pirates? That's just sounds so lame compared to Beast Pirates.
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Carrot gameplay TGS 2019
  • Post New Message