• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Onepieceguy514

Onepieceguy514
4 weeks ago#91
Absalom_sama posted...
If the roster is limited to a number below 50, there in no way in hell they’ll make vivi playable, so i wouldn’t really hold hope to that.

To be fair in regards to the roster being under 50, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 had 37 characters. Vivi could be part of the main roster or be part of DLC, though considering mostly the DLC for a One Piece Pirate Warriors game is costumes, no characters, I wouldn't hold my breathe on that part.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: kazesan

kazesan
4 weeks ago#92
That isn't how game dev works. They allocate budget probably based on research from how well the past games sold, market research on how hot one piece is, potential global growth of one piece in the past 5 years etc. Then they make the game within the given schedule and budget. Game gets released. Maybe the initial game also included budget for DLC so they release some DLC. If the game sells very well then they can either green light a sequel right away or push out more DLC.

Best case scenario is we can get additional characters, maps, costumes etc. as DLC if the game does well. Or they are planning for good sales and we get a pirate warriors 4 ultimate similar to what they have done with the warriors orochi game where they basically release an expansion pack with several new characters a few months after launch. PW3 seemingly sold quite well which is why it is surprising we didn't have a follow up sooner than now. I definitely think if they have a season pass there are enough one piece fans to support it. I mean they keep going with world seeker and jump force and both those games were disappointing to a lot of people.

Also Cyberpunk is only published by Bandai in Europe it probably won't have any impact on this game.

User Info: Wint3rLongShot

Wint3rLongShot
4 weeks ago#93
kazesan posted...
That isn't how game dev works. They allocate budget probably based on research from how well the past games sold, market research on how hot one piece is, potential global growth of one piece in the past 5 years etc. Then they make the game within the given schedule and budget. Game gets released. Maybe the initial game also included budget for DLC so they release some DLC. If the game sells very well then they can either green light a sequel right away or push out more DLC.

Best case scenario is we can get additional characters, maps, costumes etc. as DLC if the game does well. Or they are planning for good sales and we get a pirate warriors 4 ultimate similar to what they have done with the warriors orochi game where they basically release an expansion pack with several new characters a few months after launch. PW3 seemingly sold quite well which is why it is surprising we didn't have a follow up sooner than now. I definitely think if they have a season pass there are enough one piece fans to support it. I mean they keep going with world seeker and jump force and both those games were disappointing to a lot of people.

Also Cyberpunk is only published by Bandai in Europe it probably won't have any impact on this game.

Oh well cyberpunk, one way or another we needed a x drake reveal or even hawkins because that sabo reveal left a bad taste in my mouth.

User Info: Gojjira

Gojjira
4 weeks ago#94
Wint3rLongShot posted...
kazesan posted...

Oh well cyberpunk, one way or another we needed a x drake reveal or even hawkins because that sabo reveal left a bad taste in my mouth.

What is so bad about Sabo?

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
4 weeks ago#95
Sabo isn't bad but he's kind of expected as a returning character
Bayonetta trilogy coming to Switch. Let the hype consume you

User Info: DutchLudovicus

DutchLudovicus
4 weeks ago#96
@Demonfiend, Bon isn't dead though. Haven't you read the manga? He has been confirmed to be alive. Check the Wiki on it.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: DutchLudovicus

DutchLudovicus
4 weeks ago#97
EustassDKid posted...
All confirmed playable characters:
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Jimbei
Sabo
Kuzan
Carrot
Big Mom
Ichiji
Niji
Yonji
Reiju
Law (assuming, since he was in the demo as an ally)

All other confirmed characters:
Hawkins
Drake
Kaido
I believe someone mentioned Jack?
Judge

Confirmed stages:
Alabasta
Sabaondy Archipelago
Marineford
Dressrosa
Whole cake Island
Wano

Did I miss something?

Where did you get Big Mom from?

User Info: EustassDKid

EustassDKid
4 weeks ago#98
from the email that was sent, she appeared with the vinsmokes in the stream as well.

so who are the developers at the stream?
is two of them Katsuaki Tsuzuki and Akihiro Suzuki?

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
4 weeks ago#99
Suzuki is the one in charge of DW. It was Hisashi Koinuma, the one who's also in charge of the Samurai Warriors games

User Info: EustassDKid

EustassDKid
4 weeks ago#100
aha, i see.
  • Post New Message