• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Regarding cut characters

User Info: Aegiros

Aegiros
1 week ago#1
Firstly, I didn’t see a confirmation that they were cutting playable characters, just characters. This could mean npcs, it could also mean removing characters from cut arcs, like some East Blue arcs. It would make sense to not redo npcs from arcs that they don’t intend to reuse since they’re focusing on more breadth in the arcs. Like Morgan for instance, he could easily get cut.

Secondly they didn’t say whom they were cutting, just that they were cutting characters. So important characters like Magellan could still be there. But even if he isn’t, one shouldn’t assume it’s due to size or jumping mechanics. Magellan does jump in his combos in PW3 so they already took liberties.

Long story short, don’t get all doom and gloom over vague information from a scan without confirmation that they are cutting a specific character.

User Info: orca1992

orca1992
1 week ago#2
It sucks tbh, the hype has died down a bit but i'll wait for the final roster to decide if its worth it to keep supporting the series or buy it used months after.

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
1 week ago#3
As long as my most wanted is in, I'll forgive them. :P

User Info: Mullac

Mullac
1 week ago#4
Exactly we don't have enough info to start coming to conclusions on any of this yet we should wait until we have more information before declaring the game as disappointing in its roster.

Aegiros
1 week ago#5
To be honest I would also take X Drake being a boss only character with a grain of salt. His dinosaur form I could see as boss only but that’s not mutually exclusive with him being playable, specifically in his human form.

User Info: kazesan

kazesan
1 week ago#6
The cut characters seem more specific to story than gameplay.reasons. They seem to be focusing on a more fleshed out story mode with more stages and cut scenes per arc. Now for me every arc is important so I don't know what you cut or don't. Like if Garp doesn't come back as a playable it could make sense but I really don't know how many you can cut without making some people very angry. Maybe they want to just focus on post time skip since all of the post skip arcs in PW3 were very lacking in terms of playable characters.

Aegiros
1 week ago#7
kazesan posted...
The cut characters seem more specific to story than gameplay.reasons. They seem to be focusing on a more fleshed out story mode with more stages and cut scenes per arc. Now for me every arc is important so I don't know what you cut or don't. Like if Garp doesn't come back as a playable it could make sense but I really don't know how many you can cut without making some people very angry. Maybe they want to just focus on post time skip since all of the post skip arcs in PW3 were very lacking in terms of playable characters.
I was actually thinking that they’ll focus on TS and gloss over PTS. I agree, it reads like it’s story specific which is why I mentioned East Blue, same with Jaya. However places like Alabasta, Skypeia, impel Down, and Marineford are huge chucks of the PTS. So unless they remove PTS completely, it seems rational that they’re removing mostly npcs from lesser arcs. I doubt main villains though, the notion that they focus on the good guys is absurd in these types of games. People like the villains in OP.

User Info: Veku

Veku
1 week ago#8
Aegiros posted...
So unless they remove PTS completely, it seems rational that they’re removing mostly npcs from lesser arcs

From bandainamco's official website:
The Pirate Warriors are back and bring with them a more explosive story, more environments and even crazier attacks in ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS 4. Follow Luffy and the Straw Hats from the beginning as they make their journey through different islands and onwards in the hopes of finding the illustrious treasure - the One Piece. Play through some of the most extraordinary islands and environments in the ONE PIECE story and take on memorable foes

https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/one-piece/one-piece-pirate-warriors-4

Cutting playable characters seems more likely based on that...
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Regarding cut characters
  • Post New Message