• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Magellan confirmed to be cut off the roster

User Info: ShadowSliph

ShadowSliph
4 weeks ago#81
So long story short, the uproar might have been a tad premature?
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
4 weeks ago#82
Yes. They've said nothing about playable characters, giant characters, or Magellan in particular being cut. Just that some characters aren't returning, it could be for some NPCs as far as we know. I won't be surprised if say, Morgan isn't returning.

User Info: hondalife4eva

hondalife4eva
4 weeks ago#83
hanfoi posted...
hondalife4eva posted...
I don’t get your guys’ thinking . Remove giant characters ? Half the one piece characters are giant or extremely tall. All this speculation is pointless until more info comes out . I see the possibility but don’t waste your time speculating and talking about it when it’s not for sure yet. I will say though that cutting characters is a disappointment unless they mean npcs like hannyabal. I don’t get why aerial mechanics would be a problem for “giant” characters . Magellan not even that big in pw3 and white beard is too important to cut and it’s entirely possible to make them have aerial combos or just combos like the previous game.

Not speculation, if you can't read japanese here is someone who actually read and translated the scan in a video Griffinstation, you can follow him too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsoeSZNqXGg

When I say speculate I’m saying about giant characters being the ones cut. Doflamingo can be considered that cause he’s tall af and is huge in pw3, you think they’ll cut him ? Didn’t think so. They probably mean stuff like cutting npcs like hannyabal so they can add oven as an npc for example. Cut npcs so they don’t have to worry about them and focus on the new ones. But we’ll see when they release more info. I’m gonna love the game no matter who’s cut so I really don’t care if magellan is cut or whatever . As much as I love one piece they have a lot of stupid characters. Hawkins for example , his character design is not appealing or unique , his powers so far are pretty lame . Not interested at all in him.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
4 weeks ago#84
hondalife4eva posted...
hanfoi posted...
hondalife4eva posted...
I don’t get your guys’ thinking . Remove giant characters ? Half the one piece characters are giant or extremely tall. All this speculation is pointless until more info comes out . I see the possibility but don’t waste your time speculating and talking about it when it’s not for sure yet. I will say though that cutting characters is a disappointment unless they mean npcs like hannyabal. I don’t get why aerial mechanics would be a problem for “giant” characters . Magellan not even that big in pw3 and white beard is too important to cut and it’s entirely possible to make them have aerial combos or just combos like the previous game.

Not speculation, if you can't read japanese here is someone who actually read and translated the scan in a video Griffinstation, you can follow him too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsoeSZNqXGg

When I say speculate I’m saying about giant characters being the ones cut. Doflamingo can be considered that cause he’s tall af and is huge in pw3, you think they’ll cut him ? Didn’t think so. They probably mean stuff like cutting npcs like hannyabal so they can add oven as an npc for example. Cut npcs so they don’t have to worry about them and focus on the new ones. But we’ll see when they release more info. I’m gonna love the game no matter who’s cut so I really don’t care if magellan is cut or whatever . As much as I love one piece they have a lot of stupid characters. Hawkins for example , his character design is not appealing or unique , his powers so far are pretty lame . Not interested at all in him.

why would they cut hannybal to add oven? that is a bulls*** mentality . The interview only has 3 meanings:

1-They are cutting off some heavy/giant playable characters to cope with the new standards of mid-air fights

2-They are cutting off some playable characters because their arcs will also be cut off

3-They mean that not all support characters from the previous game will be playable but they will stay NPC as they are

if a character is an NPC then they dont have to remaster his moveset like they did to the rest of characters

Also Doflamingo is 300 cm tall only, and he was mis-scaled in the last game, so there is no way they will remove doflamingo. Basically Since Kuzan was confirmed, any character close to 300 cm will return such as borsalino,akainu,fujitora,Caesar and others

The worry is about bigger characters like kuma (who is infact as big as X Drake's Dinosaur) and both are supposed to be 690 cm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf0zItksFaA
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: hondalife4eva

hondalife4eva
4 weeks ago#85
So it says in the scan that it definitely is giant characters?

And I don’t think that’s a bs mentality. When they say cut characters , I’m just saying and like I stated earlier just as an EXAMPLE, cutting hannyabal so they can focus on new character like oven, I know it’s not likely but I just think it’s bizarre to cut “giant” characters due to an aerial mechanic because it is definitely possible to make them hve air moves. Other games do it like Basara for example. Idk I mean if the scan is legit and says cutting giant playable characters due to aerial mechanics then that’s dumb. Oh well lol

User Info: kazesan

kazesan
4 weeks ago#86
Scan just says all characters will have aerial combat and it is hard to imagine some characters working with the new fast paced aerial combos given their size, speed, and gameplay from past games. I think whitebeard will actually be fine he was scaled to be same size as admirals and the like and he is too popular and important to remove plus he jumps up and grabs giants just fine in the anime.

Characters like Moria I think would function better as giant bosses. His moveset was pretty garbage in PW3 and would need tons of reworking he is a slow giant type character and his doppelman left him stationary so he doesn't really fit I could definitely see him not coming back.

hanfoi
4 weeks ago#87
kazesan posted...
Scan just says all characters will have aerial combat and it is hard to imagine some characters working with the new fast paced aerial combos given their size, speed, and gameplay from past games. I think whitebeard will actually be fine he was scaled to be same size as admirals and the like and he is too popular and important to remove plus he jumps up and grabs giants just fine in the anime.

Characters like Moria I think would function better as giant bosses. His moveset was pretty garbage in PW3 and would need tons of reworking he is a slow giant type character and his doppelman left him stationary so he doesn't really fit I could definitely see him not coming back.

here is the official translation by shonen gamez, stop arguing with that bulls*** mentality and accept the truth

https://twitter.com/ShonenGameZ/status/1172310999468167168

User Info: Veku

Veku
4 weeks ago#88
hanfoi posted...
kazesan posted...

here is the official translation by shonen gamez, stop arguing with that bulls*** mentality and accept the truth

that does sound like a cheap excuse to me...
As if Story mode is going to be the only mode in the entire game.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

hanfoi
4 weeks ago#89
Veku posted...
hanfoi posted...
kazesan posted...

that does sound like a cheap excuse to me...
As if Story mode is going to be the only mode in the entire game.

now let's be realistic, there will be characters sacrificed to add new ones. I made a new topic about the new roster wishlist after sacrificing some of these characters.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/268804-one-piece-pirate-warriors-4/78009624

Knowing that some arcs might also be skipped from the previous game because they are totally recreating the islands and the story cutscenes. Also each arc would play much longer than the previous game, that's why they describe the game as "Play through the most famous story arcs of one piece,with the longest story line of all the series"
Longer doesn't mean not skipping some arcs.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Magellan confirmed to be cut off the roster
  • Post New Message