• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Magellan confirmed to be cut off the roster

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
1 week ago#71
Q:4 空中戦闘をゲームでも体験 できるのはうれしいですね。 空中アクションに対応しているのは一 部のキャラクターだけでしょうか?

鯉沼: いえ、すべてのキャラクターに空中アクション を取り入れています。キャラごとに地上と空中、それぞれに強いタイブプがあるので戦況 に応じてうまく使い分けていくことになります。
平田 :空中アクションの 追加にともない、ジャンプを追加してコンボバリエーションも増やし、操作感を大きく変えています。

Q: 4 I'm glad that you can experience air combat in games. Are only some characters compatible with aerial action?

Kakinuma: No, all characters have aerial action. Each character has a strong tie type on the ground and in the air, so you can use them properly according to the battle situation.
Hirata: Along with the addition of aerial action, jumps have been added to increase combo variations, greatly changing the sense of operation.
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum

hanfoi
1 week ago#72
what i understood from his answer on Q7 and Q8 is that cutting off characters doesn't depend on the "new" jumping and air mechanics ,however since they are aware (the team working on the game) of the original experience, only characters who are relevant to the episode line will participate that's the reason not all characters from previous works will be playable. He also mentions that Giant characters will have further details in the future like Big mom. So i guess it's hintable that Big mom will be confirmed playable but in a Giant mode as she has a different type of combat experience.

Again in today's livestream they showed a panel with "play through the most famous episodes of one piece" which makes us think that some episodes will be cut off?
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: EustassDKid

EustassDKid
1 week ago#73
I simply think they mean not all characters from the past arcs will make it, not past characters in pw3.
So they will probably focus on making new character playable, and arlong, mr 2, etc are still npcs.

No arc from the previous game is necessarily cut off, could simply be that they still havnt included arcs like whiskey peak, little garden, long ring island etc.

User Info: SilentShiro

SilentShiro
1 week ago#74
So for every character removed, we should expect a new one to take their slot as we definitely know it’ll be more than last game.
PSN: SilentShiro
"I'm 30 years old, and in about 10 seconds I gotta start cleaning up somebody's ****, man."

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
1 week ago#75
Judging from what we've seen so far it seems they're focusing more on the story this time, like in PW1 again. Story arc seems to be gonna be splitted into multiple stages instead of packed into one like in PW3, and there's gonna be bigger focus on bosses.

So i guess the characters from hero's side has far higher chance to be in compared to the villains..... like how they put 4 characters for Germa 66.
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: konohaJounin

konohaJounin
1 week ago#76
EustassDKid posted...
you know what, when the interview says "not all characters from the past will make it", i think theyre simply referring to characters from earlier arcs, i.e. foxy, arlong. krieg, etc and not playabale characters from pw3.

That's my initial suspicion too, that irrelevant characters won't be included (and I'm not mad about that). Characters like arlong, krieg, vivi are irrelevant as hell and really don't need to be in the game given that there are so many better choices and people who are important to the current arch (Hawkins, Drake, Kidd, King/Queen, Appo?, Beige, etc).
FC: 4785-5481-1973
PKM X/Sapphire

User Info: EustassDKid

EustassDKid
1 week ago#77
konohaJounin posted...
That's my initial suspicion too, that irrelevant characters won't be included (and I'm not mad about that). Characters like arlong, krieg, vivi are irrelevant as hell and really don't need to be in the game given that there are so many better choices and people who are important to the current arch (Hawkins, Drake, Kidd, King/Queen, Appo?, Beige, etc).

yeah i hope so.
and hopefully they will release pw5 when wano is finished, then they can work on updating the wano arc and backtrack a little bit to improve older arcs with older characters playable.

hanfoi
1 week ago#78
EustassDKid posted...
konohaJounin posted...

yeah i hope so.
and hopefully they will release pw5 when wano is finished, then they can work on updating the wano arc and backtrack a little bit to improve older arcs with older characters playable.

highly doubt pw5 will ever happen.

The problem is that they didn't find a better title to sell than pw , spike chunsoft and ganbarion failed to make good games so they had to run to Koei tecmo in 2017 to make PW4 as the producer said in the interview,that they thought of making this game in 2017 after the switch version was decided since the game was selling so good even after years from its release.The producer Koji Nakajima in 2015 looked very hateful to this title and wished they never made a 3rd sequel. I dont know what happens behind the scenes between Koei and Bandai but it doesnt seem that Koei has quite control over the development process and that makes them salty with Bandai.The people at Bandai are too stupid to give Koei the freedom of decision make good games like Dynasty warriors or Warriors Orochi.

As for removing old characters from the playable roster, that is totally bulls***.No excuse and no reason for them to do so. Making the giant characters like magellan jump up high in the air isn't an impossible task.

Another think is cutting off previous arcs that were in PW3 is totally stupid.Even if they are not going to remaster the cutscenes or the characters there, just keep them as they are.

I am really hurt if they remove a single content from the previous game,cuz this game is supposed to be an upgrade not a downgrade.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Admiralkizaru

Admiralkizaru
1 week ago#79
If we lose whitebeard or marco I'm gonna be soooo f***ing pissed

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
1 week ago#80
Not happening. Plus Marco has been mentionned being a Sky type in today's livestream video from TGS.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Magellan confirmed to be cut off the roster
  • Post New Message