• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Magellan confirmed to be cut off the roster

User Info: Mullac

Mullac
5 days ago#61
hanfoi posted...
Why are aerial combos important to you lol? As if you didn't enjoy whitebeard or magellan in the previous game

I did enjoy them I just would prefer something different after having played PW1-3 for hundreds of hours. I do agree it seems like a bad decision to cut characters based on there inability to fight in the air they should re-purpose the jump button to be a launcher attack so they have juggles just not in the air.

Realistically though I know that it is just an excuse to cut characters, they are having to go back and update all older characters that are in the game not just the few characters that have new moves etc. like in previous titles. So with that amount of work plus having to make some brand new characters so they can adapt Whole Cake Island and Wano I already assumed some characters were getting axed.

I just don't think its all doom and gloom like if PW4 is terrible then we have PW3 still, if PW4 was just PW3 with two new arcs and a few characters I would of been happy but probably wouldn't have as much interest in the returning characters as they will be the same thing I have played repeatedly. The change to the combat system whether good or bad will at least interest me to try them out.

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
5 days ago#62
EustassDKid posted...
hanfoi posted...
noone confirmed that :/ they said experience the original story of one piece.

This is officially written on the website:

"You could relive popular episodes from the TV series
by accessing the unique mode of "Pirate Warriors"
called the "Dramatic Log".
Let's enjoy those exciting actions!"

https://oppw4-20-en.bn-ent.net/

So no confirmation we will have every arc return from PW3,and the word "episodes" hint that we are not getting a continous storyline, it will be divided into parts

Also Ryo's article hints they want to focus on more "density" within each story episode (according to @HDKirin) so it's very possible that they would remove arcs from PW3

“The Pirate Warriors are back and bring with them a more explosive story, more environments and even crazier attacks in ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS 4. Follow Luffy and the Straw Hat Crew from the beginning of their story to the latest Wano Country story arc.”

This says from the beginning of their story though. From the official website.

but doesn't say it covers every arc. The concept of "popular" episodes is still written on their website, so it still possible they focus on certain episodes
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum

User Info: hondalife4eva

hondalife4eva
4 days ago#63
I don’t get your guys’ thinking . Remove giant characters ? Half the one piece characters are giant or extremely tall. All this speculation is pointless until more info comes out . I see the possibility but don’t waste your time speculating and talking about it when it’s not for sure yet. I will say though that cutting characters is a disappointment unless they mean npcs like hannyabal. I don’t get why aerial mechanics would be a problem for “giant” characters . Magellan not even that big in pw3 and white beard is too important to cut and it’s entirely possible to make them have aerial combos or just combos like the previous game.
(edited 4 days ago)

hanfoi
4 days ago#64
hondalife4eva posted...
I don’t get your guys’ thinking . Remove giant characters ? Half the one piece characters are giant or extremely tall. All this speculation is pointless until more info comes out . I see the possibility but don’t waste your time speculating and talking about it when it’s not for sure yet. I will say though that cutting characters is a disappointment unless they mean npcs like hannyabal. I don’t get why aerial mechanics would be a problem for “giant” characters . Magellan not even that big in pw3 and white beard is too important to cut and it’s entirely possible to make them have aerial combos or just combos like the previous game.

Not speculation, if you can't read japanese here is someone who actually read and translated the scan in a video Griffinstation, you can follow him too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsoeSZNqXGg

User Info: Ollievice

Ollievice
4 days ago#65
I feel like characters that border on being just slightly bigger then usual or just tall can still make it in, like the Admirals are all super tall but I can’t see them being cut, Blackbeard should be fine, he’s not huge and Doffy is Ok too.

I feel like other characters may be cut simply because they may be less of a priority or less relevant which is fine I guess, Buggy, Garp, Tashigi & Perona are some that id say haven’t got the best chance.

I just hope Katakuri makes it in even if he is a borderline Giant character.
Godspeed.

User Info: kazesan

kazesan
4 days ago#66
The interview scans are out if people want to try their hand at translating them.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/25b01344918698dda9b7a639daab905e/tumblr_pxoc2dvj8b1vsb5ezo3_1280.jpg

https://66.media.tumblr.com/ee86aec5f4602fc176de6aca0dbb6fdd/tumblr_pxoc2dvj8b1vsb5ezo4_1280.jpg

My Japanese is intermediate at best so I'm sure I missed quite a few things but first half is just about the decision to make the game and the story mode. They basically wanted to make it feel like you were playing the anime. With this being 20 year anniversary of the anime and fans wanting a new game they decided to produce it. In past games missions were just one and done this time they want it to be more episodic and have multiple missions showing things from different character's perspectives so there will be multiple stages per arc with more cutscenes during the actual gameplay.

Second half is about the gameplay. Basically biggest thing they keep stressing is the aerial combat and that they really wanted to improve the combat and basically make it as fluid as possible in switching between ground and air and giving freedom in combos. They also stated that ALL characters will have mid air attacks. They stated there are different character types where some are stronger on ground than air or vice versa so maybe it leads hope to certain ones being in, maybe not.

hanfoi
4 days ago#67
kazesan posted...
The interview scans are out if people want to try their hand at translating them.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/25b01344918698dda9b7a639daab905e/tumblr_pxoc2dvj8b1vsb5ezo3_1280.jpg

https://66.media.tumblr.com/ee86aec5f4602fc176de6aca0dbb6fdd/tumblr_pxoc2dvj8b1vsb5ezo4_1280.jpg

My Japanese is intermediate at best so I'm sure I missed quite a few things but first half is just about the decision to make the game and the story mode. They basically wanted to make it feel like you were playing the anime. With this being 20 year anniversary of the anime and fans wanting a new game they decided to produce it. In past games missions were just one and done this time they want it to be more episodic and have multiple missions showing things from different character's perspectives so there will be multiple stages per arc with more cutscenes during the actual gameplay.

Second half is about the gameplay. Basically biggest thing they keep stressing is the aerial combat and that they really wanted to improve the combat and basically make it as fluid as possible in switching between ground and air and giving freedom in combos. They also stated that ALL characters will have mid air attacks. They stated there are different character types where some are stronger on ground than air or vice versa so maybe it leads hope to certain ones being in, maybe not.

Wow thank you so much i will send it to Griffinstation to make a video on it with accurate translations

hanfoi
4 days ago#68
here are the two questions about playable characters in the interview

Q7:プレイアプルキャラクターはどれくらい参戦するのでしょうか?

平田 :明確な数はまだ言えをませんが、 シリースズ最大の参戦人数となります。 ただし、 原作追体験を強く意識しているので、 収録エピソードに沿ったキャラクターが参戦します。そのため,残念ながら過去作のキャラクターがすべて参戦するというわけではありません。

Q7:How many playable characters will participate?

Hirata: We can't say a clear number yet, but it will be the largest number of competitors in the series. However, since they are strongly aware of the original experience, characters in line with the recorded episodes will participate. Therefore, unfortunately, not all characters from past works will participate.

Q8: 参戦キャラクターも追体験を 意識したものになっていると。どんな新キャラクターが登場するか、気になるところです。

平田: いまお伝えできるものとしては、サンジ
の兄弟でジェルマ66のレイジュ、イチジ、ニ
ジ、ヨンジが、プレイアブルとして参戦します。
また、ルフィは戦闘中にギア4を発動すること
で、"弾む男"(バウンドマン) に変身できるとい
う新要素を盛り込みました。パウンドマンは、
ただの必殺技というわけではなく、空中アクシ
ョンに絡めたダイナミックな動きが出来るキャ
ラクターなので、変身してれ回る気持ちよさ
を味わえるようにしています。

鯉沼: 四皇"ビッグ・マム"などの巨大ボスも登 場し、従来の『海賊無双』とは異なるバトルも体験できます。 ビッグ・マムを含めた巨大ボスキャラクターの詳細については、 今後の情報でお伝えします。

Q8:The participating characters are also aware of the re-experience. I am worried about what new characters will appear?

Hirata: What I can tell you now is Sanji
The brothers of Germa 66 Reige, Ichiji, NiJi, Yongji will participate as a playable.Luffy must also activate Gear 4 during battle So you can transform yourself into a “bouncy man” Incorporated new elements. Boundman is not just a special move, it is Axis in the air ,A camera that can make dynamic movements Since it is a lactor, it feels good to be transformed So that you can experience it.

Kakinuma: Big bosses such as the Four Emperors “Big Mom” will also be able to enter and experience battles different from the traditional “Pirate Warriors”. Details of the giant boss characters including Big Mom will be announced in future information.

hanfoi
4 days ago#69
Q9: 操作感が変わっていると言いますと?
鯉沼 :じつは、本作では「ONE PIECE」という世界観のアクションゲームをより楽しんでもらうために、イチから操作性を見直しています。

Q10:『 無双]シリーズで操作方法を 根本から 変えるのは、かなり大胆な決断ですね。

鯉沼:「無双」シリーズは、アクションゲームが苦手な人でも簡単に遊べるという部分を前提として作っているのですが、『[海賊無双] に関しては、4作目でかつ海外でも売れるタイトル ということで、カッコイイアクションや、多少テクニカルな操作を盛り込んで、 操作性に深 み をもたせたかったのです。コンボが成功したときの気持ちよさは、過去作には ないものとなっており、シリーズの中 でも本作のアクションが、いちばん 手触りがいいと思っています。

平田 : ボタンの連打で敵をバシバシと倒していく 爽快感と操作のシンブルさは健在です。ですが、これまでと違って操作に深みが生まれたので、アクションゲームが得意な方は、操作していてカッコよくアクションをく り出せるようになっています。

Q9: How do you say that the feeling of operation has changed?

Kakinuma: In this work, in order to make the action game with a world view of “ONE PIECE” more enjoyable, the operability has been reviewed from the beginning.

Q10: Changing the operating method from the Musou series is a rather bold decision.

Kakinuma: The “Musou” series is based on the premise that even people who are not good at action games can easily play, but “[Pirate Musou] is the fourth title and a title that can be sold overseas. I wanted to add depth of operability by incorporating cool actions and some technical operations. The comfort when the combo is successful is something that hasn't been seen in previous works, and the action of this work is the best touch in the series.

Hirata: The exhilaration and thimble of operation that kills enemies with button hits are alive and well. However, since the depth of operation was born differently than before, those who are good at action games can operate and cool action.

User Info: EustassDKid

EustassDKid
4 days ago#70
you know what, when the interview says "not all characters from the past will make it", i think theyre simply referring to characters from earlier arcs, i.e. foxy, arlong. krieg, etc and not playabale characters from pw3.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Magellan confirmed to be cut off the roster
  • Post New Message