• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Magellan confirmed to be cut off the roster

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
5 days ago#51
WhydidiExplode2 posted...
I am glad the both Drake and Kaido are in though.

X drake is a giant dinosaur, he is NPC while in Burning Blood he is playable :/

Kaido might or might not be an enemy character,he can just be a cutscene enemy character cuz we don't know if they will cover the part where luffy fights him or not from the manga (that's still not in the anime yet)

People say that Basil HAwkins is in the arc too cuz his voice actor narrates the early part of the trailer
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum

User Info: Fou Lu

Fou Lu
5 days ago#52
Getting rid of the bad characters who haven't been in the manga in 10 years? Who had limited range and played really bad? Oh noes!

The large characters were all terrible. Whitebeard deserves to be cut along with Ace. They seriously need to cut any characters from before 3D2Y.
I smolder with generic rage.

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
5 days ago#53
Ace was amazing, I love is gameplay.

User Info: Mullac

Mullac
5 days ago#54
hanfoi posted...
Mullac posted...
Karma21 posted...
Demonfiend posted...
hanfoi posted...
I really hope that this was a misleading deduction from Ryo since it's not mentioned directly in the scan. it just mentions Germa 66,marines,shikubachi as returning characters but there are others who are hinted to be cut off. So it basically doesn't confirm who will be removed. And it makes sense that Magellan is the one to be removed to cope with the new mechanics.

Would be a real pain in the ass if the ones being cut off are the villains, like Enel,crocodile ,magellan,gecko and kuma. That'd be real disaster

if they actually cut all the villains out and make it like pw1 where you only got to play as heroes i'd just not play this,cool mechanics or not,if i can't play as crocodile or lucci i just won't buy this

I hope he is wrong cause it would really suck if not. And it would also suck if they remove the villains which could mean that characters like big mom and kaido and now x drake won't be playable. Really thought the game would be better

They are still promising the biggest roster that a pirate warriors game has had so I doubt that they are getting rid of all the villains. Magellan makes sense to cut as we never seen him airborne as far as I can remember (I don't like them cutting characters) though characters like Whitebeard, crocodile and blackbeard etc. are never getting cut they are far too popular. I assume they will just expand upon some attacks from the manga/anime Whitebeard already had a jumping attack in PW so they will probably just come up with some more.

What does make me worried though is that although the aerial system will hopefully breathe life into all returning characters giving them new moves and maybe changing their entire playstyle, I am still worried about the fact that they couldn't just make up combos for Magellan. I assume they could as they have made an entire character based around shanks (who has literally not lifted sword other than to block one attack in the manga) but they must of realised that with having to create however many combos for the entire cast that some people had to be cut if they were wanting to be able to claim that this roster is "The biggest yet".

It is a shame I just hope that the aerial system justify's the cutting of characters.

the biggest roster can simply just have 40 characters.Not necessarily a HUGE roster as you think

Yes but having 40 characters that all have aerial combos and refreshed gameplay is far better than say 50 where returning characters are the exact same as in PW3 and you only get 10 new characters. As long as they vary the gameplay enough with aerial combos old characters could feel new and provide more of a diverse roster than otherwise.

User Info: orca1992

orca1992
5 days ago#55
Not all characters need to play the same, some can jump other cant whatever. More playstyles should be introcuded so it doesent get that repetitive, imagine BB fatass jumping lmao.

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
5 days ago#56
Mullac posted...
hanfoi posted...
Mullac posted...
Karma21 posted...
Demonfiend posted...
hanfoi posted...
I really hope that this was a misleading deduction from Ryo since it's not mentioned directly in the scan. it just mentions Germa 66,marines,shikubachi as returning characters but there are others who are hinted to be cut off. So it basically doesn't confirm who will be removed. And it makes sense that Magellan is the one to be removed to cope with the new mechanics.

Would be a real pain in the ass if the ones being cut off are the villains, like Enel,crocodile ,magellan,gecko and kuma. That'd be real disaster

if they actually cut all the villains out and make it like pw1 where you only got to play as heroes i'd just not play this,cool mechanics or not,if i can't play as crocodile or lucci i just won't buy this

I hope he is wrong cause it would really suck if not. And it would also suck if they remove the villains which could mean that characters like big mom and kaido and now x drake won't be playable. Really thought the game would be better

They are still promising the biggest roster that a pirate warriors game has had so I doubt that they are getting rid of all the villains. Magellan makes sense to cut as we never seen him airborne as far as I can remember (I don't like them cutting characters) though characters like Whitebeard, crocodile and blackbeard etc. are never getting cut they are far too popular. I assume they will just expand upon some attacks from the manga/anime Whitebeard already had a jumping attack in PW so they will probably just come up with some more.

What does make me worried though is that although the aerial system will hopefully breathe life into all returning characters giving them new moves and maybe changing their entire playstyle, I am still worried about the fact that they couldn't just make up combos for Magellan. I assume they could as they have made an entire character based around shanks (who has literally not lifted sword other than to block one attack in the manga) but they must of realised that with having to create however many combos for the entire cast that some people had to be cut if they were wanting to be able to claim that this roster is "The biggest yet".

It is a shame I just hope that the aerial system justify's the cutting of characters.

the biggest roster can simply just have 40 characters.Not necessarily a HUGE roster as you think

Yes but having 40 characters that all have aerial combos and refreshed gameplay is far better than say 50 where returning characters are the exact same as in PW3 and you only get 10 new characters. As long as they vary the gameplay enough with aerial combos old characters could feel new and provide more of a diverse roster than otherwise.

Why are aerial combos important to you lol? As if you didn't enjoy whitebeard or magellan in the previous game
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum

User Info: Karma21

Karma21
5 days ago#57
hanfoi posted...
WhydidiExplode2 posted...
I am glad the both Drake and Kaido are in though.

X drake is a giant dinosaur, he is NPC while in Burning Blood he is playable :/

Kaido might or might not be an enemy character,he can just be a cutscene enemy character cuz we don't know if they will cover the part where luffy fights him or not from the manga (that's still not in the anime yet)

People say that Basil HAwkins is in the arc too cuz his voice actor narrates the early part of the trailer

Maybe because he was playable in BB he will be playable in pirate warriors. And if katakuri will be a huge boss enemy we have a good chance of big mom and kaido being playable

User Info: Littlejeffery

Littlejeffery
5 days ago#58
If Koei starts cutting characters, I will not be buying this game.
Lets make Waluigi playable in Smash Bros Ultimate!
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-add-waluigi-to-smash-bros-switch

User Info: Veku

Veku
5 days ago#59
People already kept their expectations low and now they will even cut characters?
It's even getting worse when you think about their advertising..."biggest roster"
I can already see what's going to happen, they will remove a bunch of old characters and add enough new characters to have a slightly bigger roster than in Pw3....Before that information I was careful and thought it's most likely marketing, but now that sounds like a sneaky scam to me...

They literally made up a entire moveset for Shanks, but can't find a solution for certain characters to work with the aerial combat? Heck, Jinbei using that makes no sense at all, he's anything but a aerial fighter, yet he's in. Now I'm really worried about Big Mom and Kaido. Hopefully the tgs presentation will give us a bit more insight information...
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: EustassDKid

EustassDKid
5 days ago#60
hanfoi posted...
noone confirmed that :/ they said experience the original story of one piece.

This is officially written on the website:

"You could relive popular episodes from the TV series
by accessing the unique mode of "Pirate Warriors"
called the "Dramatic Log".
Let's enjoy those exciting actions!"

https://oppw4-20-en.bn-ent.net/

So no confirmation we will have every arc return from PW3,and the word "episodes" hint that we are not getting a continous storyline, it will be divided into parts

Also Ryo's article hints they want to focus on more "density" within each story episode (according to @HDKirin) so it's very possible that they would remove arcs from PW3

“The Pirate Warriors are back and bring with them a more explosive story, more environments and even crazier attacks in ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS 4. Follow Luffy and the Straw Hat Crew from the beginning of their story to the latest Wano Country story arc.”

This says from the beginning of their story though. From the official website.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Magellan confirmed to be cut off the roster
  • Post New Message