• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Magellan confirmed to be cut off the roster

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
5 days ago#41
I really hope that this was a misleading deduction from Ryo since it's not mentioned directly in the scan. it just mentions Germa 66,marines,shikubachi as returning characters but there are others who are hinted to be cut off. So it basically doesn't confirm who will be removed. And it makes sense that Magellan is the one to be removed to cope with the new mechanics.

Would be a real pain in the ass if the ones being cut off are the villains, like Enel,crocodile ,magellan,gecko and kuma. That'd be real distaster
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Demonfiend

Demonfiend
5 days ago#42
hanfoi posted...
I really hope that this was a misleading deduction from Ryo since it's not mentioned directly in the scan. it just mentions Germa 66,marines,shikubachi as returning characters but there are others who are hinted to be cut off. So it basically doesn't confirm who will be removed. And it makes sense that Magellan is the one to be removed to cope with the new mechanics.

Would be a real pain in the ass if the ones being cut off are the villains, like Enel,crocodile ,magellan,gecko and kuma. That'd be real disaster

if they actually cut all the villains out and make it like pw1 where you only got to play as heroes i'd just not play this,cool mechanics or not,if i can't play as crocodile or lucci i just won't buy this
No......Nothing....Happened! - Roronoa Zoro

User Info: Karma21

Karma21
5 days ago#43
Demonfiend posted...
hanfoi posted...

Would be a real pain in the ass if the ones being cut off are the villains, like Enel,crocodile ,magellan,gecko and kuma. That'd be real disaster

if they actually cut all the villains out and make it like pw1 where you only got to play as heroes i'd just not play this,cool mechanics or not,if i can't play as crocodile or lucci i just won't buy this

I hope he is wrong cause it would really suck if not. And it would also suck if they remove the villains which could mean that characters like big mom and kaido and now x drake won't be playable. Really thought the game would be better

User Info: Mullac

Mullac
5 days ago#44
Karma21 posted...
Demonfiend posted...
hanfoi posted...

I hope he is wrong cause it would really suck if not. And it would also suck if they remove the villains which could mean that characters like big mom and kaido and now x drake won't be playable. Really thought the game would be better

They are still promising the biggest roster that a pirate warriors game has had so I doubt that they are getting rid of all the villains. Magellan makes sense to cut as we never seen him airborne as far as I can remember (I don't like them cutting characters) though characters like Whitebeard, crocodile and blackbeard etc. are never getting cut they are far too popular. I assume they will just expand upon some attacks from the manga/anime Whitebeard already had a jumping attack in PW so they will probably just come up with some more.

What does make me worried though is that although the aerial system will hopefully breathe life into all returning characters giving them new moves and maybe changing their entire playstyle, I am still worried about the fact that they couldn't just make up combos for Magellan. I assume they could as they have made an entire character based around shanks (who has literally not lifted sword other than to block one attack in the manga) but they must of realised that with having to create however many combos for the entire cast that some people had to be cut if they were wanting to be able to claim that this roster is "The biggest yet".

It is a shame I just hope that the aerial system justify's the cutting of characters.

hanfoi
5 days ago#45
Mullac posted...
Karma21 posted...
Demonfiend posted...
hanfoi posted...

They are still promising the biggest roster that a pirate warriors game has had so I doubt that they are getting rid of all the villains. Magellan makes sense to cut as we never seen him airborne as far as I can remember (I don't like them cutting characters) though characters like Whitebeard, crocodile and blackbeard etc. are never getting cut they are far too popular. I assume they will just expand upon some attacks from the manga/anime Whitebeard already had a jumping attack in PW so they will probably just come up with some more.

What does make me worried though is that although the aerial system will hopefully breathe life into all returning characters giving them new moves and maybe changing their entire playstyle, I am still worried about the fact that they couldn't just make up combos for Magellan. I assume they could as they have made an entire character based around shanks (who has literally not lifted sword other than to block one attack in the manga) but they must of realised that with having to create however many combos for the entire cast that some people had to be cut if they were wanting to be able to claim that this roster is "The biggest yet".

It is a shame I just hope that the aerial system justify's the cutting of characters.

the biggest roster can simply just have 40 characters.Not necessarily a HUGE roster as you think

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
5 days ago#46
Yes, even if some previous characters aren't playable in this one, if the number of playable characters is bigger than PW3, then it will have the largest roster yet in the series.

User Info: orca1992

orca1992
5 days ago#47
Katakuri is over 500 cm, deconfirmed. This is bs, everything was to good i almost forgot this was a one piece game

hanfoi
5 days ago#48
orca1992 posted...
Katakuri is over 500 cm, deconfirmed. This is bs, everything was to good i almost forgot this was a one piece game

Katakuri can jump i guess

Also the scan doesn't say "Magellan" or say "characters larger than 500 cm"

It just hints that some characters will be cut off, and it says that among the returning characters are Marines,Shikibachi (maybe gecko moriah wont return because he is no longer a warlord) and Germa 66.

This is what was written in the scan.
(edited 5 days ago)
So there's a chance that Enel might not show either huh? Bummer. Whitebeard not being in is understandable, but it still sucks.

On a side note: I hope the buff Hancock and Kuzan from PW3. At least give Kuzan a decent R1 this time.
I am glad the both Drake and Kaido are in though.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Magellan confirmed to be cut off the roster
  • Post New Message