• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Magellan confirmed to be cut off the roster

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
5 days ago#31
I see. I hope they'll be good boss fight at least. Expecting Moriah not to be playable as well.

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
5 days ago#32
EustassDKid posted...
hanfoi posted...
1- it's now 5 minus 1 (at least)

2-Noone really asked them to remaster ALL the characters and give them aerial combos,we just wanted a more complete story and a bigger roster

3-Why are they exageratting the sizes of characters like Big mom and X Drake, i guess that was made on purpose to avoid making them playable

4-Koei Tecmo never cuts off characters unless they are guest or crossover characters,it's BN who decided this.

5-Koei Tecmo games don't have any Support-only characters, most of their games have everyone fully playable and they are not copy-paste from each other.But this game seems to have alot of NPC's

6-A fourth game of the series that downgrades the roster,can downgrade anything else including the story arcs,There is no confirmation yet that the Pre-timeskip arcs or costumes will return. I wouldn't be surprised they will remove alot of the costumes we had in the previous game.

wasnt it confirmed that the game will follow the whole story? that should include pre ts...

noone confirmed that :/ they said experience the original story of one piece.

This is officially written on the website:

"You could relive popular episodes from the TV series
by accessing the unique mode of "Pirate Warriors"
called the "Dramatic Log".
Let's enjoy those exciting actions!"

https://oppw4-20-en.bn-ent.net/

So no confirmation we will have every arc return from PW3,and the word "episodes" hint that we are not getting a continous storyline, it will be divided into parts

Also Ryo's article hints they want to focus on more "density" within each story episode (according to @HDKirin) so it's very possible that they would remove arcs from PW3
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum
(edited 5 days ago)

Boreale
5 days ago#33
True, in today's interview from Famitsu they said they want more missions and more details for the scenarios.

hanfoi
5 days ago#34
Again as i speculated previously (and got bashed with angry fanboys) they will not allow Koei tecmo to make a "Huge" roster as they do with their own games. They will keep the roster as low to 40~42 so that they can make a future one piece game with a roster that can beat PW4.And i suggested that Spike chunsoft being the possible maker of the next OP game, they usually make 40~44 character base rosters,that's why Pirate warriors 4 might get cut-off characters to be replaced with newer ones for the sake of making more recent arcs.

so i speculate the roster to be:

37 - 5(old) + 8 (new) = 40 and this is still the largest number of playable characters in the PW series since PW3 had only 37

User Info: kazesan

kazesan
5 days ago#35
Anyone have actual interview? You are taking speculation as fact and the scan posted says nothing about magellan at all.

hanfoi
5 days ago#36
kazesan posted...
Anyone have actual interview? You are taking speculation as fact and the scan posted says nothing about magellan at all.

the scan is the actual interview. Instead of bashing blindly look for the img i posted earlier with the paragraph that mentions the returning characters

User Info: kazesan

kazesan
5 days ago#37
hanfoi posted...
kazesan posted...

the scan is the actual interview. Instead of bashing blindly look for the img i posted earlier with the paragraph that mentions the returning characters

I translated the paragraph myself all if talks about is the new mode dramatic log and being able to experience big mom, germa and whole cake island arc there is no new information. So stop making stuff up until we get confirmed info. I don't know who your blog source is from ryokutya2089 or whether or not they have actual reliable info but all the quotes from the article they posted do not confirm if magellan is in the game or not that was just speculation on their part. All that was stated was that not all the characters from the past are returning because they are focusing on major story arcs and going more in depth. They then speculated that characters like shichibukai and marines would reappear but maybe magellan would be a likely cut.

I don't know one way or another but I could see characters like magellan or moria cut or turned into giant bosses but please stop being so negative with every post and using not official sources as confirmed when they are not.

Boreale
5 days ago#38
I hope they're still in the game, just as boss. Would be a shame if they're cut completely and aren't even NPCs.

User Info: xRyukenx

xRyukenx
5 days ago#39
Wtf Magellan was one of my favorites! This sucks, really disappointed with this game and giving us a million of the stupid power rangers but taking away unique characters

User Info: Karma21

Karma21
5 days ago#40
They could just not give the big characters air combos but no they have to cut characters
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Magellan confirmed to be cut off the roster
  • Post New Message