• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Magellan confirmed to be cut off the roster

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
5 days ago#21
RPGNoZero posted...
Wohoo, very rare to see Omega Force to grow some balls in doing something like this since they're probably one of the most safe and cheap game company ever. Let's see how it goes.

Aerial attacks and transformation alone should already give each character 3x larger moveset pool than before, so i guess if they keep everyone and give everyone the same mechanics there would be too many moves needed to be developed.

Im....not sure this is something to be celebrated. Doing something different is nice but this is a mechanic that to our knowledge could have had the cut character/s worked around it in some way but is now confirmed to be losing us characters. Im not sure if the mechanic itself makes up for people losing characters they may like
Bayonetta trilogy coming to Switch. Let the hype consume you

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
5 days ago#22
Boreale posted...
Well, I never expected a huge amount of new characters in the first place to be honest. 10 is my expectation. We have 5 already. It sucks that some characters are going to be removed because they're giant, but there's nothing we can do about it. On the positive side, all characters will get some new moves and aerial combos now, so they'll feel fresh to play as

1- it's now 5 minus 1 (at least)

2-Noone really asked them to remaster ALL the characters and give them aerial combos,we just wanted a more complete story and a bigger roster

3-Why are they exageratting the sizes of characters like Big mom and X Drake, i guess that was made on purpose to avoid making them playable

4-Koei Tecmo never cuts off characters unless they are guest or crossover characters,it's BN who decided this.

5-Koei Tecmo games don't have any Support-only characters, most of their games have everyone fully playable and they are not copy-paste from each other.But this game seems to have alot of NPC's

6-A fourth game of the series that downgrades the roster,can downgrade anything else including the story arcs,There is no confirmation yet that the Pre-timeskip arcs or costumes will return. I wouldn't be surprised they will remove alot of the costumes we had in the previous game.
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
5 days ago#23
The proper translation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bk2128/status/1171713265937764352
(message deleted)

hanfoi
5 days ago#25
Boreale posted...
The proper translation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bk2128/status/1171713265937764352

Okay,this is exactly what i said. Ryokutya says that Magellan seems to disappear (from the scan)

Boreale
5 days ago#26
"Seems"

So we know some of them aren't returning in playable form (but still will be in the game as boss, they're not cutting them completely from the game), but is Magellan the first one to be officially confirmed boss only/NPC, or we're guessing?
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: EustassDKid

EustassDKid
5 days ago#27
hanfoi posted...
1- it's now 5 minus 1 (at least)

2-Noone really asked them to remaster ALL the characters and give them aerial combos,we just wanted a more complete story and a bigger roster

3-Why are they exageratting the sizes of characters like Big mom and X Drake, i guess that was made on purpose to avoid making them playable

4-Koei Tecmo never cuts off characters unless they are guest or crossover characters,it's BN who decided this.

5-Koei Tecmo games don't have any Support-only characters, most of their games have everyone fully playable and they are not copy-paste from each other.But this game seems to have alot of NPC's

6-A fourth game of the series that downgrades the roster,can downgrade anything else including the story arcs,There is no confirmation yet that the Pre-timeskip arcs or costumes will return. I wouldn't be surprised they will remove alot of the costumes we had in the previous game.

wasnt it confirmed that the game will follow the whole story? that should include pre ts...

User Info: NZerker12

NZerker12
5 days ago#28
All we can hope for now is separate mode with its own gameplay system where you get to play as the large characters. Maybe it could even use the classic system from PW 1 - 3. Whitebeard and Teach were my mains so it would be shame to loose them both.
(edited 5 days ago)

Boreale
5 days ago#29
Watch them selling them as DLC later instead, lol

hanfoi
5 days ago#30
Boreale posted...
"Seems"

So we know some of them aren't returning in playable form (but still will be in the game as boss, they're not cutting them completely from the game), but is Magellan the first one to be officially confirmed boss only/NPC, or we're guessing?

Ok, https://ibb.co/S5Cq4bs this part contains listing of the possible character groups to be included and seems like Magellan was mentioned down there マゼラン with the last part which possibly means "unfortunately not all of them will return" so i guess we need to ask GriffinStation for a translation of this part cuz Ryo's summary doesn't inform us about the detailed paragraph
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Magellan confirmed to be cut off the roster
  • Post New Message