• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Magellan confirmed to be cut off the roster

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
1 week ago#1
i know i posted this before, but Magellan really deserves a separate RANT topic

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/23855

They also confirm that not all characters from the previous work will return :/ (Inb4 Caesar clown and Whitebeard get cut off too)
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum

hanfoi
1 week ago#2
SIDE NOTE: the jump aerial action confirms that large characters might not be playable, so Big mom and Kaido are not coming to the roster guys :/

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
1 week ago#3
Why introduce a mechanic that loses us character?
Bayonetta trilogy coming to Switch. Let the hype consume you

hanfoi
1 week ago#4
Furryyiffer posted...

erm i guess that's either because these characters are too large or maybe they will introduce them as DLC or even worse, they are being saved for a future game

anyways, i think we should start counting the whole roster from the beginning.Now we only have 8 playable characters confirmed :

-Luffy
-Sanji
-Yonji
-Neji
-Ichiji
-Jimbe
-Reiju
-Carrot

Anyone from the previous game might be subject to being removed not just large characters since they didn't really confirm that the reason behind this is their large size, they just confirmed that not all the roster from the previous work will return. big characters like Gecko,Magellan,Whitebeard,Kuma and Blackbeard might be cut off? this could be really disasterous to the game
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
1 week ago#5
hanfoi posted...
Furryyiffer posted...

erm i guess that's either because these characters are too large or maybe they will introduce them as DLC or even worse, they are being saved for a future game

anyways, i think we should start counting the whole roster from the beginning.Now we only have 8 playable characters confirmed :

-Luffy
-Sanji
-Yonji
-Neji
-Ichiji
-Jimbe
-Reiju
-Carrot

Anyone from the previous game might be subject to being removed not just large characters since they didn't really confirm that the reason behind this is their large size, they just confirmed that not all the roster from the previous work will return. big characters like Gecko,Magellan,Whitebeard,Kuma and Blackbeard might be cut off? this could be really disasterous to the game

Im wondering why introduce the mechanic at all if it's going to mean some characters will have to leave. Iirc tho they said we wouldn't be losing any navy or warlord so I think Kuma is safe at the least
Bayonetta trilogy coming to Switch. Let the hype consume you

hanfoi
1 week ago#6
Furryyiffer posted...
hanfoi posted...
Furryyiffer posted...

-Luffy
-Sanji
-Yonji
-Neji
-Ichiji
-Jimbe
-Reiju
-Carrot

Im wondering why introduce the mechanic at all if it's going to mean some characters will have to leave. Iirc tho they said we wouldn't be losing any navy or warlord so I think Kuma is safe at the least

yea,hopefully ,though that's rough translation from the scan. The best meaning of this they found it difficult to implement aerial actions to all roster of the previous game,and if Magellan was removed,i bet most characters near his size will also be removed.

The question is : Are these sacrifices really worth it? Are we really getting such a "huge" roster so that sacrificing a 2 or 3 of the major villains will not matter? I highly doubt they reworked the support characters to be playable,they will just return them as NPC's and possibly the game will end up with 45 characters :/

October and November most likely will have no new trailers,and possibly no new announced characters and the closer we're to the release date the less characters that could be announced. I am even worried about the story mode cuz it seems they didn't mention the return of all the previous arcs. Possibly it will focus on post time skip ?

User Info: EustassDKid

EustassDKid
1 week ago#7
this really sucks, I actually like Magellan a lot.

User Info: NZerker12

NZerker12
1 week ago#8
Reads more like a guess than a confirmation. Nothing else mentioned gives any hint to cut characters. Lets wait until Bamco confirms it or not before we start taking our pitchforks out. I doubt they are going to have a character they introduced as playable in the last game and then cut them for this game.
(edited 1 week ago)

hanfoi
1 week ago#9
NZerker12 posted...
Reads more like a guess than a confirmation. Nothing else mentioned gives any hint to cut characters. Lets wait until Bamco confirms it or not before we start taking our pitchforks out. I doubt they are going to have a character they introduced as playable in the last game and then cut them for this game.

No there is confirmation that they will cut off characters from the previous work

「プレイアブルキャラはシリーズ最大参戦人数だが原作の追体験を強く意識しエピソードに沿ったキャラが参戦。残念ながら過去作のキャラがすべて参戦するわけではない」

This is taken directly from the scan, i have the Famitsu scan if you wanna make sure

User Info: EustassDKid

EustassDKid
1 week ago#10
looks quite slim for Moria and Kuma staying imo
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Magellan confirmed to be cut off the roster
  • Post New Message