• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. (LEAKS) Support characters becoming playable?

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
1 week ago#1
http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/23855

I don't really get the translation of this WSJ leak by Ryo but it says:

"All characters support aerial action, playable characters are the most series, but"

Wait for futher info from Scotch

EDIT: I think i get it now it says that all characters will have aerial actions, this game has the largest roster in the series, However...

Well seems like nothing new really got confirmed here in this WSJ scan other than the aerial action thing.I hope the TGS trailer has new characters
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Karma21

Karma21
1 week ago#2
Do we get a trailer today?

hanfoi
1 week ago#3
Here are the news :/ ,these actually came from Famitsu monthly magazine from an interview:

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/23855

Here is the translation and i will post a summary of it:
"From the latest issue of Famitsu
“The next is yet? One of the reasons why this project was launched because of the enthusiastic fan ’s desire”
“Switch version 3 has been repeated by many users and is still selling now. Sales overseas also increased.”
“Aerial action is shaped by a concept that adds even more comfort to Pirate Warriors”
“Enjoying the development of a drama actually occurring on the field”
“Story mode has multiple missions in one episode so that you can experience the swell of the story in order to have a richer experience than ever.”
"Simultaneously progresses in the same space, not as an anime"
“The appearance and cut scenes have been strengthened compared to the previous work, and there are other surprises besides the new elements.”
“The playable characters are the largest number of players in the series, but the characters who follow the episodes are strongly aware of the original experience and unfortunately not all the characters from the past work.
“The bouncer is not a deadly skill but a dynamic movement”
"All characters have aerial action"
“Adding jumps and increasing combo relations have greatly changed the operability.

I don't think the Nanabukai and Navy characters will be cut off, but ... Magellan will disappear."

1-This game was well supported by fans that's why they thought of making a 4th game after 3, also this is the 3rd switch game of one piece to come

2-Multiple missions confirmed for single story chapters,also simultaneous progress confirmed which mean that we can replay the same mission from the POV of several characters

3-Reworked cutscenes with better graphics

4-All characters have aerial /bouncing actions , also it's a dynamic skill,not too Overpowered tho

5-Changed combos and movement styles make the game and operation of characters different from the previous game

6-Largest roster of the whole series,but there will be more focus on significant characters from the story

7-Unfortunately some characters will be cut off :/ ,The navies and the Shikubachis will not be cut off but Magellan is confirmed to be non-playable in pirate warriors 4

Well this wraps up all the info in famitsu magazine, so now we have 36 characters from the previous game (hopefully other characters don't get cut off) plus 5 new characters so the total is 41

SIDE NOTE: I believe that magellan was cut off because he didn't make it into Burning Blood ,so they are saving him for the next game?? They can simply make this character DLC if this is not true,but removing him totally this is one of the worst downgrades in the history of anime video games
(edited 1 week ago)

hanfoi
1 week ago#4
Karma21 posted...
Do we get a trailer today?

No tomorrow,12th of september, however the twitter account and webpage of PW4 will be updated today

hanfoi
1 week ago#5
i believe the characters that will be cut off are those who are larger than Magellan, who is 500 cm tall officially

So here is the list of the characters that are very close to leave the Pirate warriors roster:

1-Magellan (490 cm) -already confirmed-
2-Bartolomew kuma (690 cm)
3-Gecko Moriah (690 cm)
4-WhiteBeard (670 cm)
5-Ivankov (450 cm)

Also Ryokutya's confirmation of Magellan is based on the interview,while he thinks the admirals or the shikibachi won't be cutout as his own opinion,Also Gecko moriah is a former warlord and Kuma is a revolutionary army rather than a warlord so i believe these 4 characters will leave the roster,as for Ivankov he is in the middle

Why would they do this?

Maybe no time to make these large character fight mid air? Maybe they want to cut off the roster size to save a larger number for the next (non-musou game)i .e.

I predict PW4 will have only 40 characters,which is still more than 37 but not too large, after cutting off those 5 characters you will only need 3 more character reveals to make this game go for 40. Also if they allow Pirate warriors to reach 45 or 50 characters that will make it difficult for them to market the next game if it has a smaller roster. Koei Tecmo never cuts off characters,and in warriors orochi 4 and hyrule warriors all the characters are playable,very few NPC and even Giant or tall characters are playable too.It's Bandai who decided to do this s*** imo

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
1 week ago#6
There's no way they're dumb enough to cut out Whitebeard.
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg

hanfoi
1 week ago#7
LordRattergun posted...
There's no way they're dumb enough to cut out Whitebeard.

lol they were dumb to make Big mom a boss-only character,i won't be surprised if those 5 characters will be cut off.

Anyways Cutting off characters is now officially confirmed
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
1 week ago#8
Wait, why? There's no need to cut them. If having aerial attacks means cut characters, that's a shame.

User Info: hizelshustat99

hizelshustat99
1 week ago#9
they de-confirmed Magellan?! Wonderful! Just great!

Yet they might may support characters playable, possibly. I hope Kaku is among them!

hanfoi
1 week ago#10
hizelshustat99 posted...
they de-confirmed Magellan?! Wonderful! Just great!

Yet they might may support characters playable, possibly. I hope Kaku is among them!

lol no. They didn't have time to make new outfits for Carrot or luffy to suit their,do you think they had time to
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. (LEAKS) Support characters becoming playable?
  • Post New Message