• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Have they cut characters before?

User Info: Veku

Veku
1 month ago#11
Aegiros posted...
Xac351 posted...
Wait, Magellan confirmed? When, where?
No, just a certain someone going around saying it and it spread out of control whilst altogether baseless.

This rumor really has gone out of hand lol
I've seen it spreading on Youtube, Reddit and Twitter...

User Info: Furryyiffer

Furryyiffer
1 month ago#12
Aegiros posted...
Xac351 posted...
Wait, Magellan confirmed? When, where?
No, just a certain someone going around saying it and it spread out of control whilst altogether baseless.

Yeah from what I can tell there was a translation that mentioned Magellan being cut but apparently that wasn't actually in the text and was just speculation or something.
Right now we only basically know that cuts might happen but have nothing really pointing to playables being cut. Tho honestly even if playable cuts happen Whiebeard is too important a character to cut imo.
Bayonetta trilogy coming to Switch. Let the hype consume you

User Info: Xac351

Xac351
1 month ago#13
There's no way they're cutting Magellan. He's mandatory for the Impel Down arc, which introduces Jinbe and brings back multiple characters.
Pit has the best thighs and I'd wiggity-wiggity WRECK that butt.

User Info: Aegiros

Aegiros
1 month ago#14
Furryyiffer posted...
Yeah from what I can tell there was a translation that mentioned Magellan being cut but apparently that wasn't actually in the text and was just speculation or something.
Right now we only basically know that cuts might happen but have nothing really pointing to playables being cut. Tho honestly even if playable cuts happen Whiebeard is too important a character to cut imo.
All of the large characters that I can think of from the previous game are too important to the story to cut unless they made them npc only. But they should know that they’ll catch a lot of heat for that.

User Info: DreamwingNero

DreamwingNero
4 weeks ago#15
they probably have metadata of most used characters from 3, and if Magellan is bottom of the barrel they can safely remove him and others if time is tight on development schedule, but they can easily just port his moveset and change minimal else so he could easily still be in.

However we know that this air combo thing is now introduced where they jump in the air and do stuff DBZ style so they might cut and run and have more popular characters more people will use.
Xac351 posted...
There's no way they're cutting Magellan. He's mandatory for the Impel Down arc, which introduces Jinbe and brings back multiple characters.

They could if they go the Burning Blood Route and start from Marinefold which have characters like (not counting Luffy):
Crocodile
Kuma
Doflamingo
Mihawk
Moriah
Hancock
Jinbei
Buggy
Blackbeard
Akainu
Kizaru
Aokiji
Garp
Smoker
Whitebeard
Ace
Marco
Ivankov
Galdino
Daz Bonez
Sengoku
Pacifista

Thus potentially leaving out the likes of Bon Kurei, Magellan, Hannyabal, and Enel.
"I was never expecting to die on a bed. I'm a cowboy. All I wanted was a place to come home to... just a place to return to after my journeys..."

User Info: DreamwingNero

DreamwingNero
4 weeks ago#17
DaimaoTakahashi posted...
They could if they go the Burning Blood Route and start from Marinefold which have characters like (not counting Luffy):

People are saying they're retelling the story from the start. Personally I prefer not being "retold" the same thing over and over so much. Even if things have changed a lot gameplay wise.

People go on like each arc is one map to justify starting from the beginning lol:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/one-piece-pirate-warriors-4-wano-reveal.140316/post-24773840

PW3 had 3/4 maps per arc iirc and they skimped a few and took some liberties here and there.

They had better at least flesh out Dressrossa because that arc has a lot of things and people involved.

User Info: Karma21

Karma21
4 weeks ago#18
Xac351 posted...

Apparently we are starting from alabasta so that doesn't effect the arc

User Info: Xac351

Xac351
4 weeks ago#19
Kinda glad we're starting from Alabasta. Only problem is that'll be the tutorial level. I was hoping to have a real challenge when we got there. But if I had to choose a starting point that wasn't Romance Dawn, I guess it'd have to be climactic like Alabasta. Or MAYYYYYBE even Fishman Island.
Pit has the best thighs and I'd wiggity-wiggity WRECK that butt.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Have they cut characters before?
  • Post New Message