• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Littlejeffery

Littlejeffery
1 week ago#1
I have played nearly every One Piece game (including ones that were never localized) and Chopper sucks in every single one. I NEVER want to play as Chopper in a One Piece game because in terms of moveset, Chopper is the worst character in the game. It's a shame because Chopper has the potential to be one of the best characters in every One Piece game, the developers just need to take time to make him a FUN character to play as. Here is a list of ideas to improve Chopper in the Pirate Warriors games:

1) In the first Pirate Warriors game, pressing left/right on the D-pad changes Luffy's R1 attack (you can have Luffy's R1 be Gum gum bazooka, pistol, balloon, etc). Instead of changing moves, Chopper can switch between his different forms (permanently). Each form will have its own unique moveset and LV1 musou attack (all forms will have the same LV2 musou attack).

2) Regardless of the form Chopper is in, Chopper's running animation is changed to his "walk point" making him one of the fastest characters in the game

3) Since "brain point" (chibi) Chopper's moveset sucks, his R1 or LV1 musou allows him to make potions to heal himself and all allies on the field.

4) "Heavy point" can be great for dealing lots of damage and defeating enemy generals, "Kung-Fu" point can be great for AOE crowd control, "Guard point" (an R1 exclusive transformation) can be used to negate incoming damage, and "jumping point" (pre-timeskip Chopper only) will be great for aerial combat.

Lucci is a great example of a Zoan character done right! Lucci can switch between his human and leopard form (you can stay in his leopard form as long as you want) with his moveset and musou attacks changing depending on what form you're in. Off topic, no matter what game he's in, Wapol is always a fun character to play as. In my opinion, Wapol is one of the best support characters in Pirate Warriors 3. I hope Wapol becomes playable in this game!
Lets make Waluigi playable in Smash Bros Ultimate!
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-add-waluigi-to-smash-bros-switch

User Info: EustassDKid

EustassDKid
1 week ago#2
he is pretty good in the mobile pvp game bounty rush.

User Info: Littlejeffery

Littlejeffery
1 week ago#3
EustassDKid posted...
he is pretty good in the mobile pvp game bounty rush.

Ewww mobile phone games
Lets make Waluigi playable in Smash Bros Ultimate!
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-add-waluigi-to-smash-bros-switch

User Info: Gojjira

Gojjira
1 week ago#4
Littlejeffery posted...
I have played nearly every One Piece game (including ones that were never localized) and Chopper sucks in every single one. I NEVER want to play as Chopper in a One Piece game because in terms of moveset, Chopper is the worst character in the game. It's a shame because Chopper has the potential to be one of the best characters in every One Piece game, the developers just need to take time to make him a FUN character to play as. Here is a list of ideas to improve Chopper in the Pirate Warriors games:

1) In the first Pirate Warriors game, pressing left/right on the D-pad changes Luffy's R1 attack (you can have Luffy's R1 be Gum gum bazooka, pistol, balloon, etc). Instead of changing moves, Chopper can switch between his different forms (permanently). Each form will have its own unique moveset and LV1 musou attack (all forms will have the same LV2 musou attack).

2) Regardless of the form Chopper is in, Chopper's running animation is changed to his "walk point" making him one of the fastest characters in the game

3) Since "brain point" (chibi) Chopper's moveset sucks, his R1 or LV1 musou allows him to make potions to heal himself and all allies on the field.

4) "Heavy point" can be great for dealing lots of damage and defeating enemy generals, "Kung-Fu" point can be great for AOE crowd control, "Guard point" (an R1 exclusive transformation) can be used to negate incoming damage, and "jumping point" (pre-timeskip Chopper only) will be great for aerial combat.

Lucci is a great example of a Zoan character done right! Lucci can switch between his human and leopard form (you can stay in his leopard form as long as you want) with his moveset and musou attacks changing depending on what form you're in. Off topic, no matter what game he's in, Wapol is always a fun character to play as. In my opinion, Wapol is one of the best support characters in Pirate Warriors 3. I hope Wapol becomes playable in this game!

Its obvious they wouldnt put in as much effort for Chopper than for other characters.
Why should they, this game is not going to sell less because of him and as far as characters go, people just want to play ones that are more of a interesting char in the manga and anime, so even if they change him, which they will most have more important chars to play with and you know what they say,, you cant please everyine".

Also i dont think lucci is a great char in OP3.
His air combos are fun but he lacks great wide range attacks, overall his moveset misses some kind of good aoe moves, you especially notices that when you play Nightmare log, that guy really has a hard time killing a high number of enemies.
Not to mention his specials are outrageous, unlike smokers specials his dont even deal that high amount of damage and the range of his is Absolutely horrible.

If the optimal Zoan users is represented by Lucci with his moveset i rather would them advise to handle Jack or Drake differently.

User Info: LordRattergun

LordRattergun
1 week ago#5
Chopper and Robin are both terrible in every game.
Rattergun, you are truly a hero for our times. - Recoome_is_god
http://i.imgur.com/dUNdc.jpg

User Info: Arethai

Arethai
1 week ago#6
Wapol all the way
3DS FC: 1521-3102-6439

User Info: Karma21

Karma21
1 week ago#7
Robin is worse. For me she is literal garbage

User Info: Enigma8th

Enigma8th
1 week ago#8
people underrate the fact robin is one of the few chars without direct contact attacks, that can lead up to glitchy and broken gameplay, in favor of the player i mean. admittedly her PW1 version sucked pretty bad but she got up several tiers as soon as she got a proper musou attack and her spawned limbs stopped going OoB
There was a HOLE here. It's gone now.

User Info: Sazz

Sazz
1 week ago#9
Karma21 posted...

I don't know about others games, but in PW 3, Robin is far from bad. The only thing she could lack is a bigger aoe range which can be replaced because of the domino effect on this game. Equip her with the correct abilities and she will destroy any 1v1 boss/captain/elite without them touching you a single time. Her combos of grabbing and hitting on air mobs, and her 2 specials are very amazing moves when used correctly.

There you go, enjoy the greatness of Robin in nightmare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r348Iwe97Oo
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2kQu-Asd_cHi2ZYrrMYe_g

User Info: Takethatback

Takethatback
1 week ago#10
Sazz posted...
Karma21 posted...

I don't know about others games, but in PW 3, Robin is far from bad. The only thing she could lack is a bigger aoe range which can be replaced because of the domino effect on this game. Equip her with the correct abilities and she will destroy any 1v1 boss/captain/elite without them touching you a single time. Her combos of grabbing and hitting on air mobs, and her 2 specials are very amazing moves when used correctly.

There you go, enjoy the greatness of Robin in nightmare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r348Iwe97Oo

I think due to this being a Warriors title people don't explore the characters tools as thoroughly as they would with other fighting based games. I'm surprised by which characters some consider bad, but that's because I found a particular tool or tools in their moveset that makes them really good.
  • Post New Message