• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. 10 Characters that NEED to be in

User Info: beshocked

beshocked
5 days ago#61
What would Vivi's moveset be? She is a weakling.

The supernovas all have potentially real cool movesets - that's why they are compelling, not just plot reasons.

Vivi also has no plot purpose.

I agree - Cavendish could be cool if Hakuba is used creatively.

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
5 days ago#62
Peacock Slashers, slashing away enemies at high speed, Karoo can serve, her perfume as well. And she can have made up moves. She's a weakling in a story purpose way yeah, but in game and gameplay, she can be stronger than any of the other characters, because well, it's a game, she can level up and we can make her stronger like any other characters.

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
5 days ago#63
beshocked posted...
What would Vivi's moveset be? She is a weakling.

The supernovas all have potentially real cool movesets - that's why they are compelling, not just plot reasons.

Vivi also has no plot purpose.

I agree - Cavendish could be cool if Hakuba is used creatively.

X drake is deconfirmed playable today,he only has his giant form

I would say Basil hawkins instead of Vivi, but you know he is an antagonist in Wano arc, and probably they will make protagonists more focused in the roster

They said in Famitsu's interview "We want to make simultaneous gameplay throughout the same map,multiple action stories going on together" so it's basically confirming you will play from the POV of luffy and his allies,rather than his enemies
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum

User Info: DynoStretch

DynoStretch
5 days ago#64
beshocked posted...
What would Vivi's moveset be? She is a weakling..

She was strong enough to be a part of Baroque Works, established at the time to be a powerful force on the Grand Line. Hell, if she had the foresight to drench her weapon with water, she would had killed Crocodile in that surprise assault she did. Even after the time skip, we see she's still plenty strong and agile when she jumped out the crow's nest.

Of course, this might just be my bias, as I'm hoping she returns as the final Straw Hat.
"Sony and MS both gave us good systems last generation so their greed is justified." ~ xF0x
Switch Friend Code - SW-7742-3950-7408

User Info: EustassDKid

EustassDKid
4 days ago#65
I think there will be more than 10 new playable characters.
If the likes of all the vinsmokes siblings are in, then lets look other characters with similair amount of importance that could make it.

Hody Jones
Monet
Vergo

villains for the early part of the new world, with Monet and Vergo being fairly popular and Hody being a main villain.
Easy to make movesets for Hody and especially Vergo as well.

Cavendish
Bartolomeo
Sai
Bellamy

Cavendish and Bartolomeo are very popular, and while Sai isnt as popular, he is one of the most prominent grand fleet captains together with Cavendish and Bartolomeo, and should also be easy to make a moveset for him.
Bellamy is average in popularity but serves well as a anti villain, also easy to make a move set for.

Capone
Pedro
Cracker

Capones moveset might be hard to do justice, but they could just make him a ranged characters, summon cavalry for musou attack and grand father as a transformation or one hit musou thing.
Pedro is also easy to make a moveset for, and is fairly popular.
Cracker is also easy to make a moveset for if they focus on his swordsmanship and make his biscuit soliders more of a musou/special attack.

Vivi
Hawkins
Drake

If reverie is a stage, then Vivi is definitely in. Sabo and Sai can be playable there too.

Hawkins got a sword, Drake too, and let them use their DFs for specials, and let drake use his dinoform, easy to make a moveset for.

possible npcs and some maybe even playable:
Van Der Decken
Tamago
Pekoms
Diamante
Trebol
Pica
Inu
Neko
Oven
Daifuku
Smoothie
Perospero
Holdem

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
4 days ago#66
Monet and Vergo were meant to be playable in PW3, but due to time constraint, they weren't. Add them in this time. Plus, you know, that blue type with the wing icon (Ichiji's type in the demo), it could work perfectly well for Monet.

hanfoi
4 days ago#67
EustassDKid posted...
If the likes of all the vinsmokes siblings are in, then lets look other characters with similair amount of importance that could make it.

Hody Jones
Monet
Vergo

villains for the early part of the new world, with Monet and Vergo being fairly popular and Hody being a main villain.

Cavendish
Bartolomeo
Sai
Bellamy

Cavendish and Bartolomeo are very popular, and while Sai isnt as popular, he is one of the most prominent grand fleet captains together with Cavendish and Bartolomeo, and should also be easy to make a moveset for him.
Bellamy is average in popularity but serves well as a anti villain, also easy to make a move set for.

Capone
Pedro
Cracker

Capones moveset might be hard to do justice, but they could just make him a ranged characters, summon cavalry for musou attack and grand father as a transformation or one hit musou thing.
Cracker is also easy to make a moveset for if they focus on his swordsmanship and make his biscuit soliders more of a musou/special attack.

Vivi
Hawkins
Drake

If reverie is a stage, then Vivi is definitely in. Sabo and Sai can be playable there too.

Hawkins got a sword, Drake too, and let them use their DFs for specials, and let drake use his dinoform, easy to make a moveset for.

Van Der Decken
Tamago
Pekoms
Diamante
Trebol
Pica
Inu
Neko
Oven
Daifuku
Smoothie
Perospero
Holdem

i have a feeling they will focus on protagonists only in this game.I don't expect they would add major villains like hody or vergo or monet. Maybe they will add characters who made alliances with luffy like Bartolomeo and Cavendish because they confirmed that these revamped arcs will have simultaneous action events like the anime episodes unlike the previous game where you only fought as one character to pass a certain stage.

However pretimeskip arcs might be too irrelevant to cover at this moment ,so even allies from pre-timeskip arcs might not be there,or you might even get pretimeskip arcs skipped.

In the livestream they showed young luffy arc with shanks , Marineford arc and dressrosa.So most likely Shanks, Marco,Ace,the admirals,Fujitora,Doflamingo,Caesar clown,Smoker,Tashigi,Garp,Boa hancock,Mihawk,Ivankov (if he is not cut off),Crocodile, Gecko moriah (if he is not cut off) ,white beard (if he is not cut off) ,Blackbeard,Sabo, are making a return. And if we're lucky we can get Barlomeo Cavendish,Vista and Jozu playable since they were from the alliances with strawhats. Basil hawkins and Kidd too if they want to focus on the alliances from sabaody archipelego (which is confirmed arc) .Bege is still up in the air since his moveset might be too rigid to suit the new game mechanics

No focus on other pretimeskip arcs like enies lobby, alabasta saga,skypeia or impel down saga.

Also Zou Arc seems to be skipped :/ Jack might be included in Wano but no Zou island
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: EustassDKid

EustassDKid
4 days ago#68
why do you think zou arc is skipped?
If jack is in the game I think it got a decent chance of making it.
And reverie arc would be hype too, both can be small stages.

hanfoi
4 days ago#69
EustassDKid posted...
why do you think zou arc is skipped?
If jack is in the game I think it got a decent chance of making it.
And reverie arc would be hype too, both can be small stages.

I don't remember any fights that took place during reverie arc

They seem to be moving forward on with the new arcs that didn't exist in PW3.

Next they'd reveal the remaster of Dressrosa in a trailer,Marineford in another trailer and maybe the early stage of luffy and Shanks in a third trailer

I believe that the slide we saw in the livestream tells us about which arcs have more focus,and Zou is not there at all.

Also remember we still didn't get the mirror world and katakuri trailer. They are keeping katakuri and snakeman secret till Jump festa,so Zou is no where to get its own trailer if the game comes out in early 2020
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: GOATSIE

GOATSIE
4 days ago#70
EustassDKid posted...

Hody Jones
Monet
Vergo

Cavendish
Bartolomeo
Sai
Bellamy

Capone
Pedro
Cracker

Vivi
Hawkins
Drake

Van Der Decken
Tamago
Pekoms
Diamante
Trebol
Pica
Inu
Neko
Oven
Daifuku
Smoothie
Perospero
Holdem

You forgot the GOAT himself Katakuri.

I mean they really should next to BigMom+ Katakuri, Cracker, Perospero and Oven as playable aswell.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. 10 Characters that NEED to be in
  • Post New Message