• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. 10 Characters that NEED to be in

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
2 weeks ago#51
EustassDKid posted...
hanfoi posted...
I believe that The roster of this game aside from Carrot,Katakuri and Capone bege, will be based on the previous games rosters and the feedback they got from fans after the previous games like the DLC poll of Burning blood and it included these 17 characters:
-Rob Lucci
-Kaku
-Magellan
-Caesar Clown
-Arlong
-Kuro
-Don Krieg
-Vergo
-Cavendish
-Senor Pink
-Diamante
-Trebol
-Tashigi
-Rebecca
-Vivi
-Monkey D. Garp
-Coby

this list contains alot of trash characters as well as characters that already are in PW3. So i believe we can take up to 3 of these characters to be added to PW4.
These 3 are based on the popularity result of this poll, so i believe those are the 3 with the highest chance to get in PW4 roster after Katakuri,carrot and Bege:

1-Arlong
2-Cavendish
3-Coby or Kaku or Vivi

you can add upon them characters that were playable in Burning Blood but not in PW3 such as Jesus burgess,Bartolomeo,Mr.2 and Eustass kid

trash? save for Rebecca I think any of those would be a good addition. I wouldnt even complain if Rebecca would made it.

I still find it odd that all the germa siblings are playable, and we can be quite sure that Carrot will too, and Beges got a good shot at making it too. So then itll be Luffy, Nami, Sanji, Chopper, Brook, Jinbei, Carrot, Reiju, Ichiji, Niji and Yonji vs Big mom, who we cant even be sure yet if she is playable, and Katakuri, who is most likely in. Seems like way too few characters on big moms side.
Im aware tho, that germa 66 will probably start off as enemies in the beginning of the stage.
But who else could make it from big moms side?
The most active characters would be Cracker, Perospero, Tamago, Pekoms, Oven and Daifuku, and out of those I think Cracker and Perospero could make sense being playable, with the rest of them being npcs.
Cracker because he would have a fun and unique moveset, it could also be difficult to implement however, but at least he was the arcs mid boss, and Perospero because he would also have a pretty cool and colorful moveset, that should be easy to make, and he still relevant in Wano.
what do you think?

trash in terms of gameplay not as their role in the story

For instance these characters will have the worst gameplay ever because they literally have no solid moveset in the show:
1-Rebecca
2-Vivi
3-Diamante
4-Trebol
5-Senor pink

and these are half trash considering their good story, but generic movesets

6-Kuro
7-Don kreig

those 7 have very low chance to be added to a pirate musou game since their movesets are very generic hits and punches like any generic enemy in the game or they probably didn't show enough moves to take such as trebol ,senor pink or diamante. Diamante specifically is one of the worst villains ever,he was beaten by one of the weakest characters even though he is supposed to be the 2nd commander after Doflamingo in that arc
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum
(edited 2 weeks ago)

hanfoi
2 weeks ago#52
Carrot is a very reasonable choice, she has an awakening, she is fast melee combo character. She is probably going to be a future strawhat member

The 4 vinsmokes are going to be recurring characters who might reappear in the future arcs. Also their moves look interesting, manipulating wind,electricity,laser and poison.

Also don't expect too many lieutenants from Big mom's army to be included not even as NPC. For instance characters like perospero,tamago,oven,smoothie and daifuku can be skipped and if any of them is necessary they could be included as cutscene characters.

Cracker is most likely happening as a stage enemy boss,katakuri same and will most likely be playable too.

User Info: EustassDKid

EustassDKid
2 weeks ago#53
hanfoi posted...

For instance these characters will have the worst gameplay ever because they literally have no solid moveset in the show:
1-Rebecca
2-Vivi
3-Diamante
4-Trebol
5-Senor pink

6-Kuro
7-Don kreig

those 7 have very low chance to be added to a pirate musou game since their movesets are very generic hits and punches like any generic enemy in the game or they probably didn't show enough moves to take such as trebol ,senor pink or diamante. Diamante specifically is one of the worst villains ever,he was beaten by one of the weakest characters even though he is supposed to be the 2nd commander after Doflamingo in that arc

1- Rebecca, didnt show much, some generic sword slashes with her dull swords, and avoiding and tripping her enemies in the colosseum, slight CoO haki, agree, they would have to make up her moveset completely.

2- Vivi, she has two different weapons, threads with a blades at the end, and the bigger chain-like peacock slicer, fought several enemies, including Zoro, Miss Valentine, Crocodile, mr 7 and fathers day, defeated three out of those, also used a bazooka, did some hypnosis and could have karue as support, also showed a few cool jump attacks, theres enough to work with.

3- Diamante, disagree, he got a very unique and diversified moveset, his sword slashes like a whip, he made a bullhead out of his sword, could use steel cape in his moveset, did giant slices that split the ground, and his weird firework attack, I actually think his moveset got the most potential of the list. Fought Sabo, Rebecca, Kyros and Bartolomeo.

4- Got a decent moveset, throwing heavy objects, slime like attacks, explosions n stuff.

5- Could have a really cool moveset, depending on how much they incorporate his DF, he used bombs at one point too.

6- the generic speedy guy, yeah, but he wields 10 blades, which is not generic, and he is a classic villain.

7- got tons of different weapons, shoots, punches, poison gas, explosions and so on, another classic villain, but less likeable.

The germa brothers definitley seems more generic to me, and they showed even less attacks in the story.

User Info: ChiefGief

ChiefGief
2 weeks ago#54
EustassDKid posted...
hanfoi posted...

1-Rebecca
2-Vivi
3-Diamante
4-Trebol
5-Senor pink

6-Kuro
7-Don kreig

1- Rebecca, didnt show much, some generic sword slashes with her dull swords, and avoiding and tripping her enemies in the colosseum, slight CoO haki, agree, they would have to make up her moveset completely.

2- Vivi, she has two different weapons, threads with a blades at the end, and the bigger chain-like peacock slicer, fought several enemies, including Zoro, Miss Valentine, Crocodile, mr 7 and fathers day, defeated three out of those, also used a bazooka, did some hypnosis and could have karue as support, also showed a few cool jump attacks, theres enough to work with.

3- Diamante, disagree, he got a very unique and diversified moveset, his sword slashes like a whip, he made a bullhead out of his sword, could use steel cape in his moveset, did giant slices that split the ground, and his weird firework attack, I actually think his moveset got the most potential of the list. Fought Sabo, Rebecca, Kyros and Bartolomeo.

4- Got a decent moveset, throwing heavy objects, slime like attacks, explosions n stuff.

5- Could have a really cool moveset, depending on how much they incorporate his DF, he used bombs at one point too.

6- the generic speedy guy, yeah, but he wields 10 blades, which is not generic, and he is a classic villain.

7- got tons of different weapons, shoots, punches, poison gas, explosions and so on, another classic villain, but less likeable.

The germa brothers definitley seems more generic to me, and they showed even less attacks in the story.

Ichiji has shown Sparking Figure (exploding punch) and Sparking Valkyrie (light beam barrage)

Niji has electric kicks and punches (Henry Needle) and swordsmanship with high speed movement (Henry Blazer)

Yonji has Winch Danton, the long range grapple and whip attack, along with strong punches and grabs.

Together, the brothers have Black Bug.
On top of that, they can all fly. There’s plenty of material for a moveset there.

Reiju ironically has shown the least attacks of all the siblings with just Pink Hornet, but everyone knew she’d make it in anyway.

User Info: Veku

Veku
2 weeks ago#55
hanfoi posted...
Carrot is a very reasonable choice, she has an awakening, she is fast melee combo character. She is probably going to be a future strawhat member

The 4 vinsmokes are going to be recurring characters who might reappear in the future arcs. Also their moves look interesting, manipulating wind,electricity,laser and poison.

Also don't expect too many lieutenants from Big mom's army to be included not even as NPC. For instance characters like perospero,tamago,oven,smoothie and daifuku can be skipped and if any of them is necessary they could be included as cutscene characters.

Cracker is most likely happening as a stage enemy boss,katakuri same and will most likely be playable too.

Lol, without Perospero, Tamago, Oven and Daifuku, who asside of basic fodder npcs is left? Katakuri, Cracker and Big Mom? Cracker is even going to be defeated at the beginning of the arc, thus will stay irrelevant for most of the time, unlike the characters you mentioned. Also Whole Cake is the arc which they gonna put the most effort in, so I'd expect a least the major character's either as Npc or playable to be implemented and that includes Perospero, Oven, Daifuku and Tamago, cause all of them have done a lot combat wise. Smoothie is iffy due the lack of feats though.

hanfoi
2 weeks ago#56
Veku posted...
hanfoi posted...

Lol, without Perospero, Tamago, Oven and Daifuku, who asside of basic fodder npcs is left? Katakuri, Cracker and Big Mom? Cracker is even going to be defeated at the beginning of the arc, thus will stay irrelevant for most of the time, unlike the characters you mentioned. Also Whole Cake is the arc which they gonna put the most effort in, so I'd expect a least the major character's either as Npc or playable to be implemented and that includes Perospero, Oven, Daifuku and Tamago, cause all of them have done a lot combat wise. Smoothie is iffy due the lack of feats though.

I said if any of them is necessary it would be Cutscene character, like vivi and dr kureha in alabasta and drum island arcs, those 2 characters had long screentime in their respective arcs yet we didn't get them not even as support characters

User Info: beshocked

beshocked
5 days ago#57
1.Katakuri
2. Big Mom
3. Reiju
4. Cracker
5. Kaido
6. Hawkins
7. Kidd
8. X Drake
9. Capone
10. Barto

User Info: DynoStretch

DynoStretch
5 days ago#58
Well for starters we already know Reiju and Carrot are playable.

X Drake seems to just be a NPC, as he's shown just in his T-Rex form, sort of like what they did with the CP9 guys.

We don't know for certain if Magellan was cut because of the aerial combat mechanic or if the makers wanted to prioritize new additions, so there's still a chance giant characters like Big Mom could be playable.

Katakuri is pretty much a shoe-in at this point.

With that in mind, I put together this list of other characters I'd like to see playable.

1. Bartolomeo
2. Big Mom
3. Coby
4. Vivi
5. Capone Bege
6. Bon Kurei
7. Kidd
8. Arlong
9. Caverdish
10. Galdino
"Sony and MS both gave us good systems last generation so their greed is justified." ~ xF0x
Switch Friend Code - SW-7742-3950-7408

hanfoi
5 days ago#59
Based on the news from Famitsu, we should focus our wishlists on good or protagonist characters

so here is my top 5 characters that i think will make it to the playable roster:

1-Cavendish
2-Bartlomeo
3-Capone Bege
4-Eustass Kid
5-nefertari vivi ??

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
5 days ago#60
Well, if giant characters and/or villains aren't playable this time, at least Vivi has even more chance of being playable this time, so I can sacrifice that for her, lol.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. 10 Characters that NEED to be in
  • Post New Message