• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. 10 Characters that NEED to be in

User Info: SilentShiro

SilentShiro
3 weeks ago#41
RPGNoZero posted...
Razum posted...
Anime is only just starting wano, one piece games typically go off the anime. I wouldn't expect much if anything in terms of wano stuff.

If my memory was right, Fujitora and Sabo were announced to be in PW3 before the anime revealed them, or at least very close to it, which implied that they took material from the manga already.

By the time this game is released Wano should be pretty far enough in the anime so it's still a possibility for some stuff to be in

PW3 was released two months prior to Gear 4’s reveal in the manga, and goes up to at least the part where Usopp defeats Sugar with the bagworm as far as moves go. They also only really focused on the colosseum and Sabo eating the Mera Mera no Mi and pretty much made up everything after that.

Depending on where Wano is in the anime we might see a similar situation. My estimate is March/April 2020, since PW3 was announced in August 2014 and came out in March 2015. That leaves about 32 episodes worth of Wano we could get, unless we get filler arcs, and that also takes into consideration the pacing of the anime which typically tries to adapt about two-thirds of a chapter per episode with some additional scenes added to pad things out. My prediction is: we reach the point in Wano where Luffy fights Kaido, gets defeated, and imprisioned in Udon. From that point on, the escape and everything involving an assault on Onigashima is completely original, with the final boss fight being a rematch with Kaido’s dragon form.

I also noticed during the trailer that Luffy’s Gear 4 super was a “King Man” version of Leo Bazooka. For those of you who don’t know; in Film: Stampede which just premiered in Japan a week ago, Luffy uses a new G4 form which is just Boundman with KKG arms always activated. It showing up here may indicate us getting content from Stampede, which makes sense since OP games love to promote the movies they release around (Gigant Battle 2 gave us Shiki, Super Grand Battle X gave us Z, Burning Blood and Grand Pirate Colosseum gave us Tesoro, PW3 gave us Film: Z costumes).

I don’t know about this whole “Big Mom not being playable” thing. We had a Shadow Asgard Moria fight that was way bigger than how he was in his 2nd special. Boss fights mean squat. Even so, Katakuri is the main villain Luffy fights so at least he’s very likely to be in. It’s been five freaking years since PW3 and if all we’re going to get is six new characters and only one arc, I’m going to lose it. I’m just glad we finally got a proper timeskip Luffy moveset and hopefully the other Straw Hats will have updated ones that distinguish them more from their PTS counterparts.
PSN: SilentShiro
"I'm 30 years old, and in about 10 seconds I gotta start cleaning up somebody's ****, man."

User Info: konohaJounin

konohaJounin
3 weeks ago#42
Df users who had big fights and have shown a variety of unique moves and abilities should get priority imo. I would be happy with this new line up, but hopefully they add all of theses characters and more:

1. Katakuri
2. Big Mom
3. Bege
4. Kaido
5. Drake X
6. Kidd
7. Hawkins
8. King or Queen?
9. One of the Minks?
10. Bartolomeo

These are the most important and likely easiest and best in terms of interesting abilities to implement. As far those who haven’t been officially confirmed yet. Its been too long for them to not add some more of the supernovas yet. I would think that at some point all of them would be playable in a OP game.
FC: 4785-5481-1973
PKM X/Sapphire

User Info: yoshitora7

yoshitora7
3 weeks ago#43
Assuming the entire PW3 roster returns, my top 10 newcomers include:

1: Katakuri
2: Big Mom (Confirmed)
3: Reiju (Confirmed)
4: Capone Bege
5: Basil Hawkins
6: Eustass Kidd
7: X Drake
8: Kinemon
9: Bartolomeo
10: Carrot

User Info: kazesan

kazesan
3 weeks ago#44
I really hope we get some stampede or wano dlc if it doesn't make it in the game. If they have dlc plans I think they could make a lot of people happy with a wano season pass. Full wano map, playable kaido, drake, hawkins, and wano costumes for everyone.

Or would love to see a playable douglas bullet especially since they could make such a cool giant boss battle with him and have costume packs for characters and maybe even new special moves. Pirate Warriors includes all of the movie original attacks and they even added thor axe and leorex bazooka so I can imagine we will get some form of stampede content.

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
3 weeks ago#45
1. Vivi (include the Whiskey Peak arc, perfect for a Musou game. Can serve as Vivi's introduction)
2. Monet
3. Carrot
4. Katakuri
5. Bartolomeo
6. Eustass Kid
7. X Drake
8. Baby 5
9. Cavendish
10. Mr.2

User Info: Pasiopi

Pasiopi
3 weeks ago#46
1.Katakuri
2.Katakuri
3.Katakuri
4.Katakuri
5.Katakuri
6.Katakuri
7.Katakuri
8.Katakuri
9.Katakuri
10.Katakuri

Yeah i think thats pretty much it.

User Info: kazesan

kazesan
3 weeks ago#47
This is my realistic list of characters that I feel have best chance of getting in. Starting with support characters from the last game who have the best chance of making it based on importance to the story, moveset etc.

1. Don Krieg
2. Arlong
3. Wapol
4. Kaku
5. Hody
6. Monet
7. Vergo

(characters like Bellamy, Mr.1,2,3 Burgess were all borderline since they were not main villains and adapting their limited moves to a full unique character would be more challenging.) But strong chance they get in as well.

New original characters

1. Big Mom
2. Katakuri
3. Cracker
4. Carrot
5. Bege
6. Kidd
7. Drake
8. Hawkins
9. Cavendish
10. Bartolomeo

So I'm predicting 20-25 new characters with 10 being upgraded supports from the last game and 10 totally original. Also strong chance some characters like drake and hawkins could get pushed to DLC as I think there will be a big Wano DLC package planned for the game including Kaido.

User Info: xRyukenx

xRyukenx
3 weeks ago#48
Forgot a bunch of whole cake people so I'd say my biggest wants in no order:

Barto
Kidd
Katakuri
Cracker
Oven
Carrot
Arlong
Big Mom
Bege
Vergo

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
3 weeks ago#49
I believe that The roster of this game aside from Carrot,Katakuri and Capone bege, will be based on the previous games rosters and the feedback they got from fans after the previous games like the DLC poll of Burning blood and it included these 17 characters:
-Rob Lucci
-Kaku
-Magellan
-Caesar Clown
-Arlong
-Kuro
-Don Krieg
-Vergo
-Cavendish
-Senor Pink
-Diamante
-Trebol
-Tashigi
-Rebecca
-Vivi
-Monkey D. Garp
-Coby

this list contains alot of trash characters as well as characters that already are in PW3. So i believe we can take up to 3 of these characters to be added to PW4.
These 3 are based on the popularity result of this poll, so i believe those are the 3 with the highest chance to get in PW4 roster after Katakuri,carrot and Bege:

1-Arlong
2-Cavendish
3-Coby or Kaku or Vivi

you can add upon them characters that were playable in Burning Blood but not in PW3 such as Jesus burgess,Bartolomeo,Mr.2 and Eustass kid
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: EustassDKid

EustassDKid
2 weeks ago#50
hanfoi posted...
I believe that The roster of this game aside from Carrot,Katakuri and Capone bege, will be based on the previous games rosters and the feedback they got from fans after the previous games like the DLC poll of Burning blood and it included these 17 characters:
-Rob Lucci
-Kaku
-Magellan
-Caesar Clown
-Arlong
-Kuro
-Don Krieg
-Vergo
-Cavendish
-Senor Pink
-Diamante
-Trebol
-Tashigi
-Rebecca
-Vivi
-Monkey D. Garp
-Coby

this list contains alot of trash characters as well as characters that already are in PW3. So i believe we can take up to 3 of these characters to be added to PW4.
These 3 are based on the popularity result of this poll, so i believe those are the 3 with the highest chance to get in PW4 roster after Katakuri,carrot and Bege:

1-Arlong
2-Cavendish
3-Coby or Kaku or Vivi

you can add upon them characters that were playable in Burning Blood but not in PW3 such as Jesus burgess,Bartolomeo,Mr.2 and Eustass kid

trash? save for Rebecca I think any of those would be a good addition. I wouldnt even complain if Rebecca would made it.

I still find it odd that all the germa siblings are playable, and we can be quite sure that Carrot will too, and Beges got a good shot at making it too. So then itll be Luffy, Nami, Sanji, Chopper, Brook, Jinbei, Carrot, Reiju, Ichiji, Niji and Yonji vs Big mom, who we cant even be sure yet if she is playable, and Katakuri, who is most likely in. Seems like way too few characters on big moms side.
Im aware tho, that germa 66 will probably start off as enemies in the beginning of the stage.
But who else could make it from big moms side?
The most active characters would be Cracker, Perospero, Tamago, Pekoms, Oven and Daifuku, and out of those I think Cracker and Perospero could make sense being playable, with the rest of them being npcs.
Cracker because he would have a fun and unique moveset, it could also be difficult to implement however, but at least he was the arcs mid boss, and Perospero because he would also have a pretty cool and colorful moveset, that should be easy to make, and he still relevant in Wano.
what do you think?
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. 10 Characters that NEED to be in
  • Post New Message