• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. 10 Characters that NEED to be in
Weird thing is I checked Artur's twitter (he's a One Piece fan living in Japan, far as I know he broke the news about the scan) and Hanfoi asked him if Big Mom was playable or not. I didn't see a reply though

User Info: Aegiros

Aegiros
4 weeks ago#32
Probably because the only people that know are bound by a NDA.
Yeah, we just don't know yet. Hopefully at Gamescom they reveal her to be playable, like a "see how Giant characters play." But tbh it'll likely just be a short demo with Luffy & Sanji doing some small stuff in Whole Cake with Big Mom bossfight

Aegiros
4 weeks ago#34
Maybe. I imagine they’re just making boss fights better this time. She’s not much taller than the characters in PW3 and her move set is probably the same as a playable version with extra additions like the Blackbeard boss fight where he drops stones to hide from black hole and maybe pinpointing targets like her legs. Either way nothing affects her playability since she’s not really all that giant in the scan, just a little bigger than Moriah
Oh I agree. I'm actually glad they're spicing up the gameplay a bit. The original PW may not have been the biggest crowd pleaser but I actually loved how enemies felt like bosses

I was thinking limb targeting like in Gundam would be the fight gimmick, but since we can't fly / jump I'd say you're right with just legs. Probably just whittle away at them so they can drop their guards and you can do real damage by attacking their faces

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
4 weeks ago#36
If there's one thing that the first game did better than the sequels it's the overall feeling of playing in One Piece setting. The battle flow, level design, and abilities were in general more accurate to the manga and the bosses were actually unique and challenging.

It just had too many glaring flaws (too many swinging around and bad QTE) so the sequels went with just a safer DW reskin formula.

One of my favorite level in PW1 was Impel Down. It actually felt like you were diving into a big, underground prison with multiple floors. Then when we escape, the map was exactly the same was before, just with reversed goal, so the escape just felt satisfying. In comparison PW3 made it flat and only covered the escape part.
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: IdiotHarvey

IdiotHarvey
3 weeks ago#37
Aegiros posted...
Probably because the only people that know are bound by a NDA.

Or probably because he doesn't know and he only has the leaks of the scan which don't mention anything about being playable ?

Aegiros
3 weeks ago#38
IdiotHarvey posted...
Or probably because he doesn't know and he only has the leaks of the scan which don't mention anything about being playable ?
I was subtly saying he doesn’t know, and even if he did he couldn’t divulge it.

User Info: Razum

Razum
3 weeks ago#39
Anime is only just starting wano, one piece games typically go off the anime. I wouldn't expect much if anything in terms of wano stuff.
3DS FC - 2406-5149-2592
UMvC 3 Teams: Haggar/P.Wright/Spencer - Haggar/Shuma/Felicia - Haggar/Hulk/Sentinal

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
3 weeks ago#40
Razum posted...
Anime is only just starting wano, one piece games typically go off the anime. I wouldn't expect much if anything in terms of wano stuff.

If my memory was right, Fujitora and Sabo were announced to be in PW3 before the anime revealed them, or at least very close to it, which implied that they took material from the manga already.

By the time this game is released Wano should be pretty far enough in the anime so it's still a possibility for some stuff to be in
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. 10 Characters that NEED to be in
  • Post New Message