• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. 10 Characters that NEED to be in

User Info: SilentShiro

SilentShiro
1 month ago#1
Considering the last PW game introduced at least ten new characters, I believe that the minimum that Koei Tecmo would be willing to add will be roughly around the same number, unless they manage to catch us off guard and give us playable NPCs (In the 3rd DW Gundam game they gave us the option to play as every single mobile suit, though the NPCs and grunt characters had incomplete move-sets)

Anyway, here are my top then that I feel are the most realistic choices:

1) Katakuri: This should be a no-brainer. He's the major opponent Luffy faces and judging from the trailer, WCI will most likely be the main focus unless they pull a PW3 Dressrosa and cover half of Wano with the rest of the story being an original one.

Katakuri has enough moves to fill a well-rounded move-set, and he has a range of attacks that could potential serve as special moves. I'd see it that his regular moves would include peerless doughnuts and a lot of his fist attacks. Willow Mochi could be crowd control and he has a few other moves that involve turning the ground into mochi.

His first special could be Nagare Mochi, which creates a flood of mochi to overwhelm an opponent. Perfect for a musou game as it could be used to take down multiple enemies.

Second special should be Zan Giri Mochi, the attack he used when clashing with Luffy's King Cobra. He turns into a doughnut, rolls around, before launching a clothesline by forming his mochi into an armament haki infused mace. Easily doable in a musou game, can take out multiple enemies, and the final swing would have a wide reach.

2) Big Mom: Another no-brainer, and she was confirmed in the trailer plus her official art being revealed. Her moveset should be based around using napoleon, Zeus, and Prometheus. Her specials should be that Elbaf inspired sword swing which would create a shock wave, with her second being the form she used when she merged with Prometheus and rode on Zeus. However if they introduce an awakening system (which might be the case if we have a Gear 4 Luffy), then her skinny merged form could serve as an awakening, with her special being the massive fireball she used with Prometheus.

3) Reiju: She's popular, and could serve as the main representative for the Germa 66.Her raid suit provided a lot of potential for flight, fist, and kick based moves, as well as poison clouds which befits her epithet as "Poison Pink". First special should be Pink Hornet, which was the massive wave of poison smog used to take out a group of Big Mom pirates to protect Sanji. Second one could be an all-out rush attack where she summons Ichiji, Niji, Yonji and Judge which then launch their respective elements at a wave of enemies.

4) Bon Clay: He's important, popular, and has a great array of attacks to choose from. Specials could be Bombardier Arabesque, and another Okama Kenpo based move. He's been in many other One Piece games, and not including him would be a waste imho.

5) Vivi: We need more female characters, and her peacock slashers would work well in a musou game, being able to take out a number of enemies. Her specials could involve summoning Pell or Chaka for one, and Karoo for another.

6)Kaido: People are arguing that the mace imprint on the logo is from Katakuri, but I feel like since the main villains of One Piece right now are Kaido and Big Mom, it would make sense to include their respective attacks. He has moveset potential and he would be great as a massive character swinging his kanabo around the battlefield. He could transform into a dragon for his combo finishers like Marco's phoenix form, and his specials could involve Raime Hakke which he used to take out Luffy, and his second could be his Boro Breath that he used to destroy the ruins of Oden Castle.

(Continued in next post)
PSN: SilentShiro Wii U NNID: SSR223 3DS FC: 2208-4553-1724
can i hab de cancer b0ss
(edited 1 month ago)

SilentShiro
1 month ago#2
7) Capone Bege: Important to the Big Mom arc, has a nice repertoire of canon attacks to choose from, and is unique enough to warrant a slot. His moves should involve summoning cavalry, launching cannonballs, and dashing around the stage in his tank tread mode. Specials could involve a wave of cannonballs or cavalry, and his Big Father castle mode.

8) Eustass Kidd: He's featured in Wano, and if you go by the other OP games he's appeared in (Gigant Battle 2, Burning Blood, Unlimited Cruise), then you know that the developers could easily concoct a moveset with him despite his limited amount of canon attacks. You could have grabs with the metal arms, slabs, slams, and punches. Specials could involve an extra large hand, or using repel to launch his arms.

9) Kine'mon: Fox fire sword, summoning Momonosuke in his dragon form, his relevance in Wano... I feel like it'd make sense to include him.

10)Bartolomeo: He's popular, has barrier moves, he's a member of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet, and he's a Luffy fanboy. He could have a gimmick where he's too starstruck to attack a member of the Straw Hat pirates which would work similarly to Sanji being unable to attack female characters.

So that's my prediction list. I feel like including Jack would be a waste, he's kind of a weak character compared to the other Yonkou commanders, and I'd rank him on the same level as including Hordy Jones as a character. Waste of a slot.
can i hab de cancer b0ss

User Info: BhevHD

BhevHD
1 month ago#3
Agree on all these.

I'm thinking Kaido will be in for sure, but the question is if he'll be playable or only in as a boss.

User Info: Ambrose69UYA

Ambrose69UYA
1 month ago#4
I think this game is focusing on arcs after dressrosa, characters like bon clay and vivi aren't likely.
PSN: Ambrose_69
3DS FC - 4527 7419 6205

User Info: Takethatback

Takethatback
1 month ago#5
Ambrose69UYA posted...
I think this game is focusing on arcs after dressrosa, characters like bon clay and vivi aren't likely.

Eh, I don't know about that. PW3 had 10 new playable characters and 5 of them were completely unrelated to the latest arcs.

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
1 month ago#6
Ambrose69UYA posted...
There are only one and half-finished arc after Dressrosa, not really worth to be its ONLY focus from marketing standpoint.

I think the only "must-add" from those two arcs are just the Yonkos, Katakuri, and Supernovas anyway.

Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: Aegiros

Aegiros
1 month ago#7
RPGNoZero posted...
There are only one and half-finished arc after Dressrosa, not really worth to be its ONLY focus from marketing standpoint.

I think the only "must-add" from those two arcs are just the Yonkos, Katakuri, and Supernovas anyway.
Eh, Dressrosa only had Fujitora and Doflamingo. So technically they still have to cover 2.5 arcs which introduced a lot of interesting characters. I do agree that some more supernovas need to be added and Bon Clay and Vivi are unlikely.

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
1 month ago#8
Vivi? Bon Clay? Bartolomeo ? Kine'mon ?

how about Carrot,Mr.3,Mr.1 and Arlong?
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum

SilentShiro
1 month ago#9
Aegiros posted...
RPGNoZero posted...

Eh, Dressrosa only had Fujitora and Doflamingo. So technically they still have to cover 2.5 arcs which introduced a lot of interesting characters. I do agree that some more supernovas need to be added and Bon Clay and Vivi are unlikely.

Dressrosa introduced Sabo as well, and he was the most heavily featured character in all of the promotional material leading up to PW3’s release.
can i hab de cancer b0ss

SilentShiro
1 month ago#10
hanfoi posted...
Vivi? Bon Clay? Bartolomeo ? Kine'mon ?

how about Carrot,Mr.3,Mr.1 and Arlong?

I can agree on Carrot, but Mr. 3, Mr. 1 and Arlong haven’t been relevant in forever. Bon Clay played more of an active role, and his popularity is the highest for the Baroque Works members sans Crocodile.
can i hab de cancer b0ss
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. 10 Characters that NEED to be in
  • Post New Message