• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Prediction : Will Kaido and Wano arc be in the game?

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
1 month ago#1
Predict!

The playable status of Kaido and Wano arc has been in a lot of topics in PW4 community.

The arc is still ongoing in the manga and just started in the anime. Kaido has barely shown much to make a moveset.

But let's be real, both will be a huge marketing tool for the game and thus still has pretty big chance to be in like PW3 Dressrosa. So, let's guess if they will be in the game or not, and how.
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: RPGNoZero

RPGNoZero
1 month ago#2
Note : *manga spoiler* After Luffy got KO-ed by Kaido and put into the prison the chapter put "Wano act 1 - end", which i felt would be a pretty decent ending point to implement canon story.

Then maybe the rest of Wano would be DLC months later once the manga is finished with it.
Xehanort's guardian is the will of Kairi's grandma. It will absorb Xehanort and become Kairi's grandma, the final villain!!!

User Info: Aegiros

Aegiros
1 month ago#3
I agree with the PW3 Dressrosa scenario. I think it’ll go until basically the beginning when Kaido captures Luffy but it diverges into another escape type scenario with Hawkins chasing you until you regroup. Marines come in and it becomes a free for all until you face Kaido and manage to beat him in a weakened state. Maybe the admirals, Teach, or BM fight him to soften him up for you.

User Info: Passiopi

Passiopi
1 month ago#4
The chances of Kaido being in the game are pretty high, especially as a secret character like Shanks or BB.
While do think the main Arc of this game is in comparison to PW3 Dressrosa the WCI arc.

User Info: EichiroNobunaga

EichiroNobunaga
1 month ago#5
I agree with RPGNoZero, it'll probably be canon up to that point but then maybe have a made up ending.

Kaido's club is in the logo so he's definitely in the game, and even if we haven't seen that many moves from him they can easily BS something with a giant club then alter it in PW5 if we get that far. I just want all the Yonkou playable darn it

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
1 month ago#6
Wano arc won't be in the game ,the arc is only 1 month old in the anime,the game developpers would never surpass the anime while the game should be in its final development stages right now.

Kaido could make it in and they'd invent a moveset for him like they did with Shanks, but don't expect any events from Wano,it's stated clearly on BandaiNamco website that "this game covers the most recent characters,maps and story of One piece including Whole cake island"

If they were to include wano arc,they'd have said including Wano.And that would have been the cover poster of the game,rather than Big mom on the cover poster.
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: MyriadTruths

MyriadTruths
1 month ago#7
hanfoi posted...
including

Bro what kind of rock have you been living under for the past 10 years? Video games don’t cover the anime anymore, they follow the manga. Japan treats Anime-only viewers like second class citizens. Ever notice how Robin used to show up in the OPs with the Strawhats before she even joined the crew?

User Info: MyriadTruths

MyriadTruths
1 month ago#8
Kaido is most definitely gonna be in (his club is literally on the logo), but they’re probably gonna pull at PW3 and let Wano be its own in-game story.

The series literally magic’d up a move list for Shanks and Tashigi when we didn’t know anything about how they fought.

Kaido’s movelist will probably be him swinging his club 35 different ways and a few suicide attempts, with a dragon transformation or two thrown in and no one will even be mad.

No way KT is gonna pass up the chance to have all 4 yonkou, and all the Supernovas (except Bonnie i guess) in one game.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
1 month ago#9
MyriadTruths posted...
hanfoi posted...
including

Bro what kind of rock have you been living under for the past 10 years? Video games don’t cover the anime anymore, they follow the manga. Japan treats Anime-only viewers like second class citizens. Ever notice how Robin used to show up in the OPs with the Strawhats before she even joined the crew?

You are the one who is living under a huge rock. Pirate warrior games "Never" surpassed the events in the anime. If 1,2 and 3 didn't follow the events in the manga ,why would 4 be an exception?
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum

User Info: DynoStretch

DynoStretch
1 month ago#10
What I'd like to see is the story go up to the Wano arc, where they make up a non-canon story involving the Straw Hats temporarily defeating Kaido, then have a final chapter that involves Big Mom, Kaido and Teach joining forces in another non-canon plot to end the story mode with a grand finale.

PW3's final stage just felt... kinda meh, especially compared to the amazing finale of PW2. I'd like to see 4 end on a big bang like PW2, rather then on a whimper like 3 did.
"Sony and MS both gave us good systems last generation so their greed is justified." ~ xF0x
Switch Friend Code - SW-7742-3950-7408
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Prediction : Will Kaido and Wano arc be in the game?
  • Post New Message