• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Pirate warriors 4 will not get more than 10 new playable characters

User Info: Blastoisiken

Blastoisiken
1 month ago#21
Its confirmed the 4 members from Germa 66 are in there and we have to assume that Big Mom is playable. So that would mean 5 possible new members. Surely Katakuri would be in there? 10 is silly.
Got my diploma but I never learned s*** in school

User Info: hanfoi

hanfoi
1 month ago#22
Blastoisiken posted...
Its confirmed the 4 members from Germa 66 are in there and we have to assume that Big Mom is playable. So that would mean 5 possible new members. Surely Katakuri would be in there? 10 is silly.

Lol, I still think that Big mom will not be playable, she is too OP in the demo.Katakuri yes, but he still isn't confirmed yet so that will take time.

Also don't get spoiled with all the Germa 66 being playable,cuz they might not reveal any new characters next month in TGS and just give us a gameplay trailer of the Germa 66.Yes they are playable but they will milk them up for the following Weekly shonen scans
As for Katakuri he will not be revealed anytime now,cuz he is being released for one piece world seeker in Fall,so he might be revealed around Jump Festa or later for PW4.Those 5 or 6 will take alot of time to be "fully" revealed with gameplay videos and stuff.
Official Akai Shuichi of the Xenoverse 2 forum
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: kazesan

kazesan
1 month ago#23
The pirate warriors series sold way better than burning blood. For all we know they started making pirate warriors 4 after burning blood came out because they wanted a sure fire hit and burning blood wasn't as big a hit as they wanted.

Game companies don't sacrifice one game for another especially when one sells better than the other if anything they will put all their effort into pirate warriors over any chance of a burning blood sequel.

Bandai Namco wants to make money why would they cut budget for one game when they already know which one will be a better return on investment. The number of characters in the game depends only on the time they have for development, the budget they have, and whatever approval bandai namco has to give. Also filling out the burning blood roster is much easier than a pirate warriors game. Some of the support characters in PW3 have bigger movesets than burning blood characters.

User Info: hizelshustat99

hizelshustat99
1 month ago#24
I need to at least see Carrot playable, and hopefully Alvida, Kuro, Hody (Hordy) Jones, Mr. 2 and Monet.

It's okay to hack to play as npcs just in case.

Judge and Big Mom might be combat npcs.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
1 month ago#25
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere before than Monet was meant to be playable for PW3, but due to time constraint, she wasn't. I'm hoping she's playable, she could be so fun with all the aerial combos stuff.

hanfoi
1 month ago#26
Boreale posted...
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere before than Monet was meant to be playable for PW3, but due to time constraint, she wasn't. I'm hoping she's playable, she could be so fun with all the aerial combos stuff.

yea ,Her and vergo too. I wish for Arlong and Bellamy cuz they are badass too.

User Info: Boreale

Boreale
1 month ago#27
Oh, Vergo was meant to be playable as well? Such a shame. :/

Honestly, besides DLC costumes, they should also make some DLC characters, that'd be great for some characters who are already in the game as NPCs.

User Info: hizelshustat99

hizelshustat99
1 month ago#28
Boreale posted...

Honestly, besides DLC costumes, they should also make some DLC characters, that'd be great for some characters who are already in the game as NPCs.

NPC to playable DLC is something I would love to see!

hanfoi
1 month ago#29
hizelshustat99 posted...
Boreale posted...

Koei rarely makes DLC characters, that's why i am mostly worried about the roster.
I know they might face time-restrictions so they will need a 2nd chance to expand the roster,but both Koei and BN never did to add new characters via DLC in the last PW series games.

User Info: EustassDKid

EustassDKid
1 month ago#30
hanfoi posted...
hizelshustat99 posted...
Boreale posted...

Koei rarely makes DLC characters, that's why i am mostly worried about the roster.
I know they might face time-restrictions so they will need a 2nd chance to expand the roster,but both Koei and BN never did to add new characters via DLC in the last PW series games.

They did for the nintendo published Hyrule Warrior and Fire emblem warriors, so there is still hope.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
  3. Pirate warriors 4 will not get more than 10 new playable characters
  • Post New Message