• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NBA 2K20
  3. Looking for a sports game

User Info: Acky_316

Acky_316
5 months ago#1
Hey all, I've been contemplating getting a sports game. I can't even remember how long it's been since I've had a sports game, but it was NBA Live.

I'm teetering between NBA and NFL, but will wait for the next installments to release. I was wondering how has the 2K series been? The metacritic score was like a 1.5 for NBA 2K20, and I think that was mostly because of all the microtransactions. I am fully anticipating NBA 2K21 to have them; have they been bad enough to take away from the actual game?

User Info: Gilliator

Gilliator
5 months ago#2
I play normal quick matches 95% of the time and I can definitely tell you that microtransactions are a non-issue for that type of gaming. Only if you go to the MyTeam (which I've never tried and probably never will) or want to make your career player highly skilled fast, will you have to spend extra money. Gameplay-wise I somewhat prefer Live 19, but 2K has an epic selection of past teams and legendary players.

Acky_316
5 months ago#3
It seems like MyCAREER is going to be my go-to. Any idea how stats are raised, and if they are raised permanently?

I remember back in "the day," your stats increased based on your performance through the end of the season. With all these boosts and MT and whatnot, I'm having a hard time understanding just what makes your stats increase.

User Info: Gilliator

Gilliator
5 months ago#4
I have only played career for an hour or two, but stats are raised with VC (money), that is earned from games - more for good performances, I suppose. You are not forced to spend a penny of real money, but in that case progress might be quite slow.

Acky_316
5 months ago#5
Gilliator posted...
I have only played career for an hour or two, but stats are raised with VC (money), that is earned from games - more for good performances, I suppose. You are not forced to spend a penny of real money, but in that case progress might be quite slow.
Ah, ok. So, with enough patience, or money, you can eventually raise your stats to 99?

I also am not sure how to feel about playing while always connected to the 2K servers. I've read some bad stories about people losing progress because something went wrong with the servers.
  1. Boards
  2. NBA 2K20
  3. Looking for a sports game
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A