• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Food
  3. Those gold kiwis are pretty good

User Info: FelineCyborg

FelineCyborg
1 month ago#1
they just go bad super fast. online says they can keep in the fridge for 6 or 7 days this is complete bs. from my experience, i put them in the fridge as soon as i buy them, wait a day if they are firm to soften up just a little and then eat half, then eat the rest on the 2nd day because by the end of the 2nd day i can already tell they are mid transitioning to sour tart soft s***ty kiwis instead of delicious citrusy sweet kiwis
"well, yeah, and a lot of minorities go to see minstrel shows, too." - PyroSpoon

User Info: kriztofer

kriztofer
1 month ago#2
We just got some for the first time. I agree they are good.
Nil

FelineCyborg
1 month ago#3
nice man. welcome to the gold kiwi club. we contain the knowledge of the gods.
"well, yeah, and a lot of minorities go to see minstrel shows, too." - PyroSpoon

User Info: kriztofer

kriztofer
1 month ago#4
FelineCyborg posted...
nice man. welcome to the gold kiwi club. we contain the knowledge of the gods.
Haha yeah, just curious where you got yours? I'm in MN and got mine at a local grocier called Bob's Produce. I don't think I'd seen them around before that.
Edit: Also the only place I've ever seen cotton candy grapes at, which literally taste like cotton candy
Nil
(edited 1 month ago)

FelineCyborg
1 month ago#5
i live in central texas with a lot of hebs (texas grocery chain always has them) and asian markets are around too that have them.

User Info: Anarchy_Juiblex

Anarchy_Juiblex
1 month ago#6
They in stores here for like, 2 weeks, and I missed my opportunity to get em.

FelineCyborg
1 month ago#7
Anarchy_Juiblex posted...
They in stores here for like, 2 weeks, and I missed my opportunity to get em.

that rare elusive golden kiwi. the fact they are ripe for like 2 f***ing days adds to their hidden allure.

User Info: carljenk

carljenk
1 month ago#8
I wonder if its worth buying extra and freezing them at ripe?
Sorry if my posts make you feel emotional. It is not my intent.
Make America Nazi-Free Again. #NoMoreNazis #Wolf2

User Info: MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola
3 weeks ago#9
Kiwi fruit is pretty meh. I wanna try and eat a kiwi bird I'm sure they must be very tasty what with them being so few of them.
Sorry just need money got tired of being snitched on.
Whatever tho I snitched too lol fair game.
Finally scored some, not f***ing bad. Been a while since I've actually had a kiwi though. Ate it with a grapefruit spoon, I think I'll just eat the skin on the next few. Super juicy and sweet.
God damn I love these "new" produce breeds. The box says x3 the vitamin C as an orange, no idea if that's true but eh cool.
(edited 2 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Food
  3. Those gold kiwis are pretty good
  • Post New Message