• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Food
  3. Chipotle's 'queso' is getting universally panned.

User Info: ThePatrick

ThePatrick
1 year ago#11
The texture is bad and the cheese flavor itself isn't what I expected. It's not sharp enough or something.

Also, their chips are already seasoned (I mean beyond salt) and that makes using it as a dip for them perhaps a little strange in my opinion.
Ryuuga Gotoku (Yakuza) series text FAQs available at GameFAQs
PSN: hatoriki_kai, XBL: hatoriki, YouTube: ryled, Twitter: @Hatoriki, Me: Bored

User Info: pizza_please

pizza_please
1 year ago#12
Ludwig Von 2 posted...
There is no way Qdoba provides “more bang for the buck.” That place is good, but it’s f***ing expensive as s***.

Ah my bad, I haven't been there in years
Jin Ba
It Tai

User Info: DigitalFury_

DigitalFury_
1 year ago#13
Assuming they are using a traditional bechamel base to make the cheese sauce, then it seems like something as simple as not warming the milk up before mixing it with the roux. Cold or room temp milk can kill a cheese sauce pretty quickly.
And then, are they using pre-shredded bagged cheese? Or are they shredding from a block? I've found my best cheese sauces come from freshly shredded cheese and bagged cheese is more prone to a grainy mouth feel.
Lastly, are they adding that cheese a little at a time? Allowing the cheese to melt and the sauce to come back to temp before adding more makes a big difference.

In a fast food setting, there is so much that can go wrong with a homemade cheese sauce because it can be a finicky product to make if you're not careful
I post a lot using my phone. Most "typos" are probably a result of autocorrect

User Info: kozlo100

kozlo100
1 year ago#14
I'm almost certain they're not making it in-store, which is probably where many of their problems stem from.

I can't imagine trying to make a truck-stable cheese sauce at scale out of 'natural' ingredients.
Time flies like the wind,
and fruit flies like a banana.

User Info: My_Unit

My_Unit
1 year ago#15
Im having a different problem. I love Chipotle but how do i get rid of the blood stains in my underwear from it?
https://youtu.be/ziArJgAJLow
  1. Boards
  2. Food
  3. Chipotle's 'queso' is getting universally panned.
  • Topic Archived