• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Astylez

Astylez
1 week ago#1
Everyone ate up BotW, despite the fact it is nothing like the old games, had a s***ty weapon system, an “open world” that was a slog to move around in... so now for true fans the series is dead. Nintendo is gonna stick to this new formula and probably pull even further away from what Zelda is.

Now we just have ports/remasters of old titles to wait on if we want to scratch that Zelda itch. Bash me bros, but someone had to say it.

User Info: Rustykranz

Rustykranz
1 week ago#2
tldr
Botw board and sequel board town drunk now and forever

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
1 week ago#3
It’s always a shame when older accounts turn to trolling.....
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud

User Info: bluebeans

bluebeans
1 week ago#4
I’m in tears.
"Freshly Squeezed" Orange Cassidy
https://youtu.be/igazwkQe0Ag

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
1 week ago#5
Astylez posted...
Everyone ate up BotW, despite the fact it is nothing like the old games, had a s***ty weapon system, an “open world” that was a slog to move around in... so now for true fans the series is dead. Nintendo is gonna stick to this new formula and probably pull even further away from what Zelda is.

Now we just have ports/remasters of old titles to wait on if we want to scratch that Zelda itch. Bash me bros, but someone had to say it.

Remakes are better than nothing I suppose.

Also let's see what BOTW2 is like first.
Youtubers/Streamers are Cancer to the Gaming Community and need to be stopped!!!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Timinatron

Timinatron
1 week ago#6
Astylez posted...

People have been crying the same sob story since launch. So no, you aren’t special.
Upcoming: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Mario Kart Tour, Luigi's Mansion 3, Doom Eternal, Ori and the Will of Wisps, Animal Crossing: New Horizons
(message deleted)

User Info: CarbonButtflap

CarbonButtflap
1 week ago#8
Posting in a no true Scotsman whine thread
MGM Studios isn't Spielberg. Fox isn't George RR Martin. Square Enix isn't Hironobu Sakaguchi. Great storytellers are who make great stories, not companies.

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
1 week ago#9
CarbonButtflap posted...
Posting in a no true Scotsman whine thread
Official Yu Narukami, Incineroar, Parasoul, Sombra, Black Widow, RE5 Jill, Kaede Akamatsu, Kamala Khan, Rehgar, Orisa, R.Mika, 2B, and Power Girl everywhere.

User Info: WingZero0782

WingZero0782
1 week ago#10
Unfortunately Open World games are the in thing and they've already ruined series like MGS and Assassin's Creed imo.

Open World games are just as big (if not bigger) than Battle Royale games which are also Open World games in a way, so you're gonna get a lot of copy/pasted franchises captilizing on the craze.

Heck even the latest Gears of War couldn't get away from it and added two lame acts with bland open world segments.
Youtubers/Streamers are Cancer to the Gaming Community and need to be stopped!!!
  • Post New Message