• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Corpse Killer: 25th Anniversary Edition
  3. Can't unlock some gameplay datapoints in the bonus section....

User Info: GabrielleM

GabrielleM
3 months ago#11
I got it, thank you ^_^ I started with standard bullets and finish off with datura ones. I restarted this fight like 40 times...yuck. You are right, normal bullets and datura are much faster than ap bullets. I think those meant for marine buddies to save. Cannibal run was kinda tough brah. Thing is I speed through it as I am sick of this now haha. Now I need to somehow find what videos I am missing.
Viper, take my pudding! I care not!
-The Honorable Sir George

User Info: Rayder

Rayder
3 months ago#12
I'll tell ya, I had this game on both the SegaCD/32X and the 3D0, and the PS4 version difficulty is very dumbed down compared to those. You die in the Sega or 3D0 version, there was no continue, you just died and had start the whole thing over. And there was only the one difficulty level, which was MUCH harder than cannibal on PS4. It was the main reason I never beat those old versions. They were damn near impossible. I never made it past the 2nd marine in those.

Also, in the PS4 version, the need for datura and AP bullets is practically nil. I rescued all the marines without ever selecting datura bullets, and never used the AP's at all. The ONLY section I needed the datura bullets was the final battle, and that was only because of the regular bullets running out and not being able to wait for them to regenerate. That stuff just couldn't happen in the older versions.

In the long run, dumbing down the difficulty (and adding continues) made the game a lot more fun though. Much more replay value the way it is now. Even though I'm a bit burnt on it now, I'm sure I'll come back to it later.

I also have the PS4 remakes of Night Trap and Double Switch, but to be honest, I never really cared for them and only bought them hoping to see something in them I didn't see way back when.....still don't care for them. (shrug)

I really hope Screaming Villians remake Sewer Shark, Tomcat Alley and Ground Zero Texas. Those 3 were my favorites. I was a big fan of all those FMV games back in the day, even if they were kind of cheesy. I can (and do) still play all of them on my Sega emulator on occasion, but it would be cool to have the cleaned up video on the PS4.

Anyway, I'm glad to see at least one other person who enjoyed this game as much as I did.
I like games. I play them. I have some. I keep them on a harddrive in my console. I'd like to have more of them. That's where PSN comes in.....

GabrielleM
3 months ago#13
Yeah I read that original version had no continues, but I was not aware that it was actually harder than our cannibal mode. Man that crazy, how did anyone manage to even finish this?
I think what we have is the Sega Saturn or Sega 32X version though, no? They added continue on those. I know there is 3D0 version too, but that one looks really different from ours.

So I'm kind of tired of the game but I did have fun with it. Just really repetitive but I do like story and characters. And of course it's a zombi game so...:D I'm not very good at shooting games, but can't be that bad if I finished it on cannibal mode. I do agree it's a lot more with goving you continues. And lol I ended up always using the datura bullets on the Marines because I got in my head from Winston that special bullets were needed to save them. The first guy I only use normal bullets but finished the level before I could kill him and they set me back...so I thought I had to use special bullets. XD But when I figured out it didn't matter I ended up with tons of ap shells and datura. They came in handy for killing the Marines quickly on cannibal though.

What is Night Trap like? I was kind of interested in it, but I think all you do is make choices?

GabrielleM
3 months ago#14
Omg am missing only one video and can't figure out what the heck...
Page seven, video six. It shows a bug eyed Winston. According to script, this is on Skull Mountain right after says "this the address!". Julie supposed to kiss you while Winston fights zombi, but all I get is Julie saying "this wasn't so bad". Do you remember what to do here? Do very good in battle or what? I can't understand how to get.

What about your progress? Get all video yet?
(edited 3 months ago)

Rayder
3 months ago#15
I unlocked like 2 more over the weekend on cannibal level, but as I said, I'm a bit burned out on it for now. Might come back to it in a few weeks. Then there's the fact that I generally only game on the weekends because of work, and I bounce around to different games every weekend.

Just picked up the new FMV game on PSN called Erica. Haven't played it yet, but it looks interesting.
I like games. I play them. I have some. I keep them on a harddrive in my console. I'd like to have more of them. That's where PSN comes in.....

GabrielleM
2 months ago#16
I'm on summer vacation but somehow don't get any more gaming time than when in school XD
Got my last video, was happy of platinum trophy. Let me know what Erica is like, does look interesting.

Rayder
2 months ago#17
So I decided to say to hell with the time and give Erica a go.........very intriguing game. I played through it twice tonight (each playthrough is like 90 minutes to 2 hours) and had significantly different outcomes. You DO NOT need any kind of playlink app, you can play it fully with the DS4. If you are into FMV games like I am, I think you will really like Erica.

It's an action thriller with a bit of horror. I can't wait to give it another go while choosing different answers.

I platted Night Shift and Erica looks to be even deeper than that game with the different vids you get with your choices. Definitely worth the meager $9.99 they are asking for it. Nearly everything in the game is controlled with the touchpad. Best use of the touchpad yet. The FMV is like 99% seamless. Hardly ever do you see a hiccup between what you choose and what happens. I was very impressed.

I'd say Erica is a must buy for anyone who likes FMV games. I'm absolutely giving Erica 5 stars. I know what game I'm playing extenseively this weekend. WOW!

GabrielleM
2 months ago#18
So I got this based on how much you liked it lol, and am not disappointed. Very cool game with interesting story. Finished it, and am confused by the story but I understand you get different scenarios based on what you do. With enough playthroughs one probably understand most of everything. Get the gist of it though. Ended up shooting all staff member lol.
I enjoy whole horror aspect of game and some it kind of legit creepy actually.

Only thing is I just wish they would let you use analog stick if wanted. I ended up wrong choices because have trouble with touch pad because of long fingernails.

Otherwise though, very fun, can't wait to see what else I can do in this. Definitely worth the cheap price is asking.

And thank for clearing up about the playlink app. Wasn't very sure about this when reading about psn description, glad it was confirmed.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Ite

Ite
2 months ago#19
Thinking of getting this is the Platinum trophy easy?

GabrielleM
2 months ago#20
Well it took me a week to get, more seasoned players will probably get it in less. Hardest Thing for me was beating the last boss on hardest difficulty, and trying to find what video was missing.
  1. Boards
  2. Corpse Killer: 25th Anniversary Edition
  3. Can't unlock some gameplay datapoints in the bonus section....
  • Post New Message