• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Do I Need To Start Over?

User Info: MonadoBuster624

MonadoBuster624
4 months ago#1
All right, so my aim is 100% completion (the platinum trophy). Something just happened when following a YouTube walkthrough to accomplish this goal on the Mi'Hihen Highroad. A cutscene has taken place between Yuna and Tidus (viewing the sunset outside an al'bhed shop). However, the walkthrough indicates that I should've seen the Besaid Crusaders on my way here but they weren't there and aren't there now and shows us having a cutscene where they congratulate us on our blitzball tournament win.

Further, the video walkthrough showed the guy who created this walkthrough (which he's claiming to be 100%) speaking to someone near the Chocobo carriage giving him 600 gil. I never found this donation.

So my question is: would missing that cutscene or not getting that Gil affect my ability to get a Platinum run? I've run down the Highroad now several times and no one's giving anything and the Besaid Crusaders aren't hiding anywhere.

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 months ago#2
This is the board for Final Fantasy VIII Remastered for the Nintendo Switch =P.
VS}FFT}FF IX=DA:O}FF V=CC=PE2}FF VIII=FF XII=ME3=CT=PE}Crysis II}FF III}FF VII}Crysis I}SCII}ME:A}SC}FF X=FF IV}FF VI}FFX-2TLM}FFX-2
[Insufficient Vespene Gas.]

User Info: MonadoBuster624

MonadoBuster624
4 months ago#3
I realized that this morning, sorry. Part of the blame is on the forum's search feature not really being that well designed.

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 months ago#4
Well, it doesn't really bother me, I just pointed out so you don't wait for someone to answer cause it is a board for a different game =P.

I played Final Fantasy X-2 once but I don't know enough to answer your question.

That said, Always have multiple save files.
VS}FFT}FF IX=DA:O}FF V=CC=PE2}FF VIII=FF XII=ME3=CT=PE}Crysis II}FF III}FF VII}Crysis I}SCII}ME:A}SC}FF X=FF IV}FF VI}FFX-2TLM}FFX-2
[Insufficient Vespene Gas.]
(edited 4 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Do I Need To Start Over?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A