• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Farming Luck J-Scrolls off of Odin

User Info: epicgordan

epicgordan
6 months ago#1
So there's this glitch in Final Fantasy VIII where you can reduce Odin's HP's to 0 as the clock ran out, and you win the fight. Instead of enlisting Odin's aide, however, he kicks you out of the Centra Ruins, and you can fight him over and over again. This is supposed to accomplish two things:

1. You can Card Mod Odin's card and then rewin it over and over again prior to Disk 4 (though this isn't particularly interesting other than for completionist's sake).
  2. You can Mug Luck J-Scrolls from Odin. Which you can then refine to Luck Up's for Max stats (which is so much faster than Curse Spikes farming, especially since holding the square button down while entering the Centra ruins automatically brings you into Odin's throne room with very little time left).
Yet for some reason, I can't seem to get the timing down on when to initiate a limit break from Zell or Squall, how much HP I should leave that is within kill range, or how to properly time it so that the clock hits 0 when Odin dies. I do somewhat know that the clock needs to run out before his health reaches 0, but I can't seem to get the timing right.

And for the record, I'm playing the Nintendo Switch version. Any help here is greatly appreciated.

User Info: sano83

sano83
6 months ago#2
Zell and Squall time spent in the limits depends on the crisis level.

it will be more stable to damage Odin normally, go checking how many HP he still have, then defeat it with something with a set time, like a GF, a magic spell or a Quistis Limit Break.
VS}FFT}FF IX=DA:O}FF V=CC=PE2}FF VIII=FF XII=ME3=CT=PE}Crysis II}FF III}FF VII}Crysis I}SCII}ME:A}SC}FF X=FF IV}FF VI}FFX-2TLM}FFX-2
"Griffons?"

epicgordan
6 months ago#3
sano83 posted...
Zell and Squall time spent in the limits depends on the crisis level.

it will be more stable to damage Odin normally, go checking how many HP he still have, then defeat it with something with a set time, like a GF, a magic spell or a Quistis Limit Break.
I did all that, and I even AFTER I switched from Wait to Active in my configurations, I still can't get Odin to banish me.

epicgordan
5 months ago#4
Does anybody know what I'm supposed to do to get Odin to exile me after the battle so I can continue milking him for Luck-J Scrolls? Because nothing that I try seems to be working.

User Info: sano83

sano83
5 months ago#5
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/197343-final-fantasy-viii/77448759

Here is the information gathered by ModusPonens.

I still think that it takes less time to get a Luck-J from farming Curse Spikes in the Deep Sea Research Center than this, though.
VS}FFT}FF IX=DA:O}FF V=CC=PE2}FF VIII=FF XII=ME3=CT=PE}Crysis II}FF III}FF VII}Crysis I}SCII}ME:A}SC}FF X=FF IV}FF VI}FFX-2TLM}FFX-2
"Griffons?"
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Farming Luck J-Scrolls off of Odin
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A