• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Would the original guide work for this game?

User Info: Joniden

Joniden
1 year ago#1
I have the brady guide for the PS1 version. That would work with the remastered port right?
How in the world does my backlog keep getting bigger?
Oh look, new game!

User Info: -Ando-

-Ando-
1 year ago#2
Joniden posted...
I have the brady guide for the PS1 version. That would work with the remastered port right?

Yes. Far as I know, only differences are the slight graphical improvements, and options to turn on 3X speed, no encounters and turn off the timers present during some in game events.

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 year ago#3
AndoYzerman posted...
Yes. Far as I know, only differences are the slight graphical improvements, and options to turn on 3X speed, no encounters and turn off the timers present during some in game events.
There is a big difference with the Chocobo World game that is cut from the game. The items that where Chocobo World exclusive are in the remake you get by using Angelo Search.
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.

User Info: thecartoonhero

thecartoonhero
11 months ago#4
sano83 posted...
There is a big difference with the Chocobo World game that is cut from the game. The items that where Chocobo World exclusive are in the remake you get by using Angelo Search.

oh sweet, i didn't know that about angelo search. thanks a million, sano!
Switch Code 8062 3974 4512
let's play!

User Info: sano83

sano83
11 months ago#5
thecartoonhero posted...
oh sweet, i didn't know that about angelo search. thanks a million, sano!
No problem.

Just make sure you do it before you get Gilgamesh, or he will have a chance of interrupt your auto farming.

The other big difference is when you are doing the SeeD test, in the previous version, there was a bug where if you left the naming Ifrit screen until time run out, you will get the best score in Judgment (I think it is Judgment, it can be other thing), but if you do that in the new version, you will get a really bad value.
Not that the SeeD ranks matter =P.
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.

User Info: Taipan041

Taipan041
9 months ago#6
It does, though it would be nice if someone would make a new guide including the rng manipulation all in one guide. You can always look up on gamefaqs and you for that though.

User Info: Joshsun

Joshsun
9 months ago#7
sano83 posted...

No problem.

Just make sure you do it before you get Gilgamesh, or he will have a chance of interrupt your auto farming.

The other big difference is when you are doing the SeeD test, in the previous version, there was a bug where if you left the naming Ifrit screen until time run out, you will get the best score in Judgment (I think it is Judgment, it can be other thing), but if you do that in the new version, you will get a really bad value.
Not that the SeeD ranks matter =P.

In the remaster, the timer stops after you beat Ifrit. It did for me, so I did it under the ten min easy.
3DSFC4399-2452-9478
SW-1243-6386-6033
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Would the original guide work for this game?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A