• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: uuarman

uuarman
6 months ago#21
I'll just add to this even though the thread is old bc I'm in the same boat. I just finished the prison at the beginning of disc 2, but realized I've missed quite a few things (carbuncle, a zell limit break, a dog book, etc). I also haven't touched the card game yet, and I've probably missed some side quests on disc 1. Part of me wants to restart and follow a guide for every step, but I've played through disc 1 several times on ps1 when I was a kid and it's tedious at this point.

I kinda just wanted to casually experience the story and music since this is the only mainline ps1 FF I never finished. Will I have trouble finishing the game if I continue playing without a guide? If I like it enough by the end, I'd be glad to replay it 100%. I'm worried I'll be burnt out though.
(message deleted)

User Info: sano83

sano83
6 months ago#23
uuarman posted...
I'll just add to this even though the thread is old bc I'm in the same boat. I just finished the prison at the beginning of disc 2, but realized I've missed quite a few things (carbuncle, a zell limit break, a dog book, etc). I also haven't touched the card game yet, and I've probably missed some side quests on disc 1. Part of me wants to restart and follow a guide for every step, but I've played through disc 1 several times on ps1 when I was a kid and it's tedious at this point.

I kinda just wanted to casually experience the story and music since this is the only mainline ps1 FF I never finished. Will I have trouble finishing the game if I continue playing without a guide? If I like it enough by the end, I'd be glad to replay it 100%. I'm worried I'll be burnt out though.
You can get Carbuncle and Zell's Limit Break and the Pet Pals later.

IF you missed the Magic Lamp, however, then you are out of a very useful GF.
VS}FFT}FF IX=DA:O}FF V=CC=PE2}FF VIII=FF XII=ME3=CT=PE}Crysis II}FF III}FF VII}Crysis I}SCII}ME:A}SC}FF X=FF IV}FF VI}FFX-2TLM}FFX-2
"Griffons?"

User Info: marrax

marrax
4 months ago#24
Gargomon251 posted...
Okay but unless the switch version has discrete separations, those tips won't help us.

Actually, it does. If you look closely at each of your saves, it will say "Disc 1", "Disc 2", etc. Also, the forced saves at the end of each disc are still there. So, after defeating Edea in Deling City and Galbadia Garden, you will be prompted to save. I guess also after defeating Adel in Lunatic Pandora (though I don't distinctly remember it.) That is when the original PS1 version prompted you to put in the next CD.
i7-9700K | 32Gb DDR4 | ASUS RTX2070 8Gb | Win10 Pro
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A