• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Doing a Playthrough w/o card mod

User Info: hope27

hope27
1 month ago#1
This means only using refine abilities to power up. Im about done with my lv2 magic for fire, Blizzard, thunder and cure. Im also going to farm for Mug when i get Diablos. Im using card to stay at a low level so I can get dragon fangs early for Lionheart. Im not play cards as well. The only exception is playing for rare cards only to collect. I wont card mod either. So yes ill end up getting Lionheart later but thats fine with me. This should be interesting. I also have an outline of which magics are for each character since you use 2 teams in this game. Gfs are interchangeable throughout the game depending on Junction openings. Im also starting with the refines 1st then the stat junctions on my gfs. I leave the SumMag and GFHP last for learning.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 month ago#2
Instead of using Card to stay at low levels for the Dragon Fangs, level up normally and get the Dragon Fangas from the SAM08G.

If you are going to stay at lower levels, any challenge is chesseable. Unless you are not going for a challenge run.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
Garrus Vakarian - "So. Who needs their ass kicked now?"

User Info: hope27

hope27
1 month ago#3
Im just carding til I get mug with Diablos. Then im gonna rush til I get to that forest. Then I'll battle normally.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Doing a Playthrough w/o card mod
  • Post New Message