• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. About Ultima Weapon's and Omega Weapon's appearance

User Info: DEADLY SHAD0W

DEADLY SHAD0W
1 month ago#1
All these years I used to think that those monsters consist of a rider on top of a large beast. But upon closer examination from googling the images, I realize that I can't see the legs of the rider which leads me to believe that they must be fused together or something. Did anyone else think the same way I did about them?
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Icefang526

Icefang526
1 month ago#2
You’re just noticing this now?
PSN ID: Judgment526

DEADLY SHAD0W
1 month ago#3
Well I never really examined those weapon monsters closely until now.

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
1 month ago#4
Ultima Weapon wields Ultima Weapon from FFVII.

Omega Weapon's special attack: Terra Break. It does not wield Ultima Weapon, but it is much powerful than Ultima Weapon.
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3

User Info: WiiareVenom

WiiareVenom
1 month ago#5
While your observation appears to be correct, I saw someone post a collectors toy from the game from years ago, sealed in box. And in the toy it is a rider, that fits inside the lower beast. Strange.

And in Final Fantasy 7, it looks similar to this game, accept the lower half has no head of its own.
I was summoned to the future by the last of mankind, to defend them in their hour of need. But my old enemy, Skeletor, followed me....

User Info: DualArms

DualArms
1 month ago#6
I did too. I only realised that it was fused after rotating the model by casting Scan on it years back.

WiiareVenom posted...
While your observation appears to be correct, I saw someone post a collectors toy from the game from years ago, sealed in box. And in the toy it is a rider, that fits inside the lower beast. Strange.

And in Final Fantasy 7, it looks similar to this game, accept the lower half has no head of its own.

This one, right? That toy looks good too.

https://i.imgtc.ws/KSyum81.jpg

Looking back, FFVIII's Omega Weapon is actually the weirder looking one among other Omega Weapons because of it's two heads.
PSN ID: ChaosRaiden999 (Blank Friend Requests will be ignored)
Youtube Channel: https://goo.gl/LJXnb8 | Reviews Blog: https://goo.gl/Qk7uyY

DEADLY SHAD0W
1 month ago#7
WiiareVenom posted...

LOL! I guess I wasn't alone in my misperception of the FF8 weapon monsters. Yeah I know the ones in FF7 and F10 are centaur type monsters. But the ones in FF8, that's the first centaur type monster I have ever seen where the lower half has a head of its own.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. About Ultima Weapon's and Omega Weapon's appearance
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers