• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. how bad is it to have "same/same wall" Triple Triad rules?

User Info: orestesdd

orestesdd
4 weeks ago#11
corrente posted...
Interesting question. Have you ever experienced a sudden loss bc the CPU dropped a Same into two Combos? You’ll lose 9-1. It’s fairly easy to pay attention and catch them in the act though. Essentially every player except like maybe 10 in the whole game always play a card into the top left corner first. Then they will play into the middle top and then the top right. So what you can do is always play Ifrit or Squall into the bottom right corner and then Edea into the bottom left. This sets a standard for every card game that’ll allow you to watch if the CPU breaks away from the “fill the top” default that they tend to do.

So for most of the game you can ignore abolishing Same/Wall/Plus. The catch is that those 10-ish players that don’t follow that basic strategy are the good players that have something rare to win of them. So if you’re Disc 3 and cleaning up Trabia rules, then I assume you’re prepping for Left Diamond Girl. And she’s one of those good players that doesn’t follow the basic pattern. Which means she’ll rock your world with well planned Same plays.

tl/dr Abolish it

Thank you, and you are right on the money as I'm prepping to deal with Left Diamond Girl on DISC 4. So I really need to abolish "same/same wall", for I believe "plus" was one of the rules I was able to abolish in my prior trial.
Ciao!
Human beings must be known to be loved; but Divine beings must be loved to be known. Blaise Pascal

User Info: orestesdd

orestesdd
4 weeks ago#12
corrente posted...
petef20 posted...
Same isn't too bad, it has caught me out once or twice, but if you keep an eye out for it you should be ok. NPCs never have cards with better than 8s on a side, with the exception of rare cards (which they'll only have one of anyway), so if you're playing defensively with 9s and As showing you'll be fine.

Plus on the other hand, that's a nightmare!

If you’re on Disc 4 and Card Mod spamming then Left Diamond Girl will have at least one Rare Card. And she’s a good player, especially with the Open rule. So generally its easier to just Abolish Same/Wall/Plus from Trabia.

I am trying to do just that; however, I didn't have to much luck by bringing the FH rules a second time. I will try to bring the rules from Esthar since trying to bring the Balamb rules didn't help either. And thank you.
Ciao!
Human beings must be known to be loved; but Divine beings must be loved to be known. Blaise Pascal
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. how bad is it to have "same/same wall" Triple Triad rules?
  • Post New Message