• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. how bad is it to have "same/same wall" Triple Triad rules?

User Info: orestesdd

orestesdd
4 weeks ago#1
Please, topic question. By the way, I am at the end of DISC 3, and trying to abolish some rules in Trabia. So far I found out I was able to abolish some other rules in Trabia by going to the Shumi Village, and save/reload at the Shumi Village Hotel and using one of the magic draw points 9 times without drawing any magic. I tried to do something similar by bringing FH rules again, but then it go worst. Any suggestion will be appreciate. I really want to finish this game better than 20 years ago. Thank you.
Ciao!
Human beings must be known to be loved; but Divine beings must be loved to be known. Blaise Pascal

User Info: shinryu_omega

shinryu_omega
4 weeks ago#2
Same Wall hardly comes into play and is better utilized by you, as the wall counts as A. The opponent will try and set up for Same if it can, but usually it isn't too big an issue. There are times the opponent can set up two possible Sames, so it can get tricky. I would try and get rid of Same if you can. You are doing things correctly if you are bringing foreign rules to Trabia and attempting to manipulate RNG by utilizing draw points. In my personal experience, I found I had to let other rules change like spreading Open would need to take place before abolishing a specific rule. I don't believe I ever needed more than 20 false draws to get a favorable outcome, so just keep trying and you should get the results you're after.
FC: 1865-2265-6694 IGN: Coma

User Info: corrente

corrente
4 weeks ago#3
Interesting question. Have you ever experienced a sudden loss bc the CPU dropped a Same into two Combos? You’ll lose 9-1. It’s fairly easy to pay attention and catch them in the act though. Essentially every player except like maybe 10 in the whole game always play a card into the top left corner first. Then they will play into the middle top and then the top right. So what you can do is always play Ifrit or Squall into the bottom right corner and then Edea into the bottom left. This sets a standard for every card game that’ll allow you to watch if the CPU breaks away from the “fill the top” default that they tend to do.

So for most of the game you can ignore abolishing Same/Wall/Plus. The catch is that those 10-ish players that don’t follow that basic strategy are the good players that have something rare to win of them. So if you’re Disc 3 and cleaning up Trabia rules, then I assume you’re prepping for Left Diamond Girl. And she’s one of those good players that doesn’t follow the basic pattern. Which means she’ll rock your world with well planned Same plays.

tl/dr Abolish it
FFRK: Divine Veil Grimoire
563MND - jznH

User Info: petef20

petef20
4 weeks ago#4
Same isn't too bad, it has caught me out once or twice, but if you keep an eye out for it you should be ok. NPCs never have cards with better than 8s on a side, with the exception of rare cards (which they'll only have one of anyway), so if you're playing defensively with 9s and As showing you'll be fine.

Plus on the other hand, that's a nightmare!
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: corrente

corrente
4 weeks ago#5
petef20 posted...
Same isn't too bad, it has caught me out once or twice, but if you keep an eye out for it you should be ok. NPCs never have cards with better than 8s on a side, with the exception of rare cards (which they'll only have one of anyway), so if you're playing defensively with 9s and As showing you'll be fine.

Plus on the other hand, that's a nightmare!

If you’re on Disc 4 and Card Mod spamming then Left Diamond Girl will have at least one Rare Card. And she’s a good player, especially with the Open rule. So generally its easier to just Abolish Same/Wall/Plus from Trabia.
FFRK: Divine Veil Grimoire
563MND - jznH

User Info: Tanthalas

Tanthalas
4 weeks ago#6
The only rule that I’ve ever bothered to abolish was Random.
Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".

User Info: ftatman

ftatman
4 weeks ago#7
Ellone wrecked me so many times with Random + Same (without Open). By far the hardest duel in the game, for me. You can tell the Computer is trying to set you up but it's not always clear. You have to pay extrenely close attention and even then they can still destroy you in one final move!

User Info: Aeneas11

Aeneas11
4 weeks ago#8
Same is fine, Plus however is pure evil.

User Info: Icefang526

Icefang526
4 weeks ago#9
Aeneas11 posted...
Same is fine, Plus however is pure evil.

This. I f***ing hate Plus more than anything because it always slows my games to a crawl as I'm adding up the numbers on all adjacent sides with all the cards the opponent has on hand.

Plus without Open though...that's a friggin' nightmare.
PSN ID: Judgment526

User Info: manmouse

manmouse
4 weeks ago#10
I actually really like Same and Elemental.
Plus is an abomination, however.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. how bad is it to have "same/same wall" Triple Triad rules?
  • Post New Message