• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. [spoilers] Question regarding QoC and miscellaneous things

User Info: orestesdd

orestesdd
1 month ago#1
OK, I am still on disc 3, but I want to move on with the story. So first of all, I already finished the QoC side quest after getting the Phoenix Card. Is this what I need to do really to complete this quest? Now a few questions (some about QoC) regarding the guide I am following.

01-Guide states to move QoC to Galbadia meaning the Galbadia Hotel in Deling City. Notice that my online guide also state that after getting the Phoenix Card, the QoC quest is finished. (Note that in my current game, she is in Deling City, and thus I don't have to do anything); however, later on, the guide says to send her to Lunar; therefore, I wonder how do I do this without losing a Rare Card?

02-Another suggestion is to have the "Open" rule in all regions, which I find extremely hard to do. So how do I do this? The guide says to be sure that Open is in Trabia and Lunar, and currently they are.

03-Is it a good idea to get Eden when I am about to move on with the story and get to disc 4?

Then, if I have more stupid questions, I will be posting them here. Thank you.
Ciao!
Human beings must be known to be loved; but Divine beings must be loved to be known. Blaise Pascal

User Info: sano83

sano83
1 month ago#2
orestesdd posted...
01-Guide states to move QoC to Galbadia meaning the Galbadia Hotel in Deling City. Notice that my online guide also state that after getting the Phoenix Card, the QoC quest is finished. (Note that in my current game, she is in Deling City, and thus I don't have to do anything); however, later on, the guide says to send her to Lunar; therefore, I wonder how do I do this without losing a Rare Card?

Providing that she doesnt have any rare card, you cant.
To move the queen of cards, you NEED to lose or win a rare card to/from her.
So, the Queen of cards is in Deling, and she have no rare card in her deck.
First, you lose, lets say, Ifrit Card to her and send her to Balamb. Then, in Balamb, you play her until you get the Ifrit card back and she goes to the Crash Pod Site (and reset if she goes anywhere else).
Anyways, this is just to be able to play against her in disk 4, which is completely optional.

orestesdd posted...
02-Another suggestion is to have the "Open" rule in all regions, which I find extremely hard to do. So how do I do this? The guide says to be sure that Open is in Trabia and Lunar, and currently they are.

in disk 4, if you have done the Card Club quest, the members of the Card Club will be in the Ragnarok, and will play cards with you. Each one of them will have a different rule set based in one of the areas of the game.
I am fairly sure that the Left Diammond girl will have Trabia rules. And since the Left Diammond will play cards that you dont have or already refined, included the ones from the Queen of Cards quest, it is the best one to play against.
The guide also tell you to modify the lunar rules because those are the rules that the Queen of Cards will have.

orestesdd posted...
03-Is it a good idea to get Eden when I am about to move on with the story and get to disc 4?

This depends on you entirely.
If you already gather enough items to max stats, or have no interest in doing so, or already collected the "rare" items from the fixed encounters in the Deep Sea Research Center, or have no interest in doing so, then sure, you should go and get Eden.
If you havent gotten all the Cursed Spikes/Dark Matter, then you shouldnt, as the fixed Tri-Face are by far the fastest method to farm those items.

Cheers =D.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
Garrus Vakarian - "So. Who needs their ass kicked now?"
(edited 1 month ago)

orestesdd
1 month ago#3
sano83 posted...
orestesdd posted...

Providing that she doesnt have any rare card, you cant.
To move the queen of cards, you NEED to lose or win a rare card to/from her.
So, the Queen of cards is in Deling, and she have no rare card in her deck.
First, you lose, lets say, Ifrit Card to her and send her to Balamb. Then, in Balamb, you play her until you get the Ifrit card back and she goes to the Crash Pod Site (and reset if she goes anywhere else).
Anyways, this is just to be able to play against her in disk 4, which is completely optional.

orestesdd posted...

in disk 4, if you have done the Card Club quest, the members of the Card Club will be in the Ragnarok, and will play cards with you. Each one of them will have a different rule set based in one of the areas of the game.
I am fairly sure that the Left Diammond girl will have Trabia rules. And since the Left Diammond will play cards that you dont have or already refined, included the ones from the Queen of Cards quest, it is the best one to play against.
The guide also tell you to modify the lunar rules because those are the rules that the Queen of Cards will have.

orestesdd posted...

This depends on you entirely.
If you already gather enough items to max stats, or have no interest in doing so, or already collected the "rare" items from the fixed encounters in the Deep Sea Research Center, or have no interest in doing so, then sure, you should go and get Eden.
If you havent gotten all the Cursed Spikes/Dark Matter, then you shouldnt, as the fixed Tri-Face are by far the fastest method to farm those items.

Cheers =D.

So my best bet is to make sure that Trabia rules is what I want. What is the best way to verify that I have good Trabia rules. I don't want "Random" or "Plus". So if I check Trabia, and one of those rules are in place, what should I do to change them? And thank you for your post.

P.S. I just checked Trabia rules, and it has the worst rules. These are the rules in Trabia: *Open, *Same/Plus/Same Wall, *Elemental, and "Trade rule: One". So how do I change these rules?
Ciao!
Human beings must be known to be loved; but Divine beings must be loved to be known. Blaise Pascal
(edited 1 month ago)

sano83
1 month ago#4
To change the rules you have to arrive to an city in the game with other rules, then ask someone to play cards until they say that the rules have mixed and some rule spread or some rule was removed or something like that.

I dont know the specific for how to remove a particular rule. There are a lot of threads in this board and in the original game board about removing specific rules.

User Info: hey_dr_savage

hey_dr_savage
1 month ago#5
@sano83 I am curious, if you haven't done the Queen of Cards quest but can still win those cards from left Diamond, can you still refine the QoC cards over and over? I can't remember where I read it, but I've been understanding that you can win them, but cannot refine them over and over like the rest unless you have done the quest.

sano83
1 month ago#6
As far as I know, Left Diamond will play whichever rare card that you dont have period.
It doesnt matter if you refined or if you never had it, she will play it.

orestesdd
1 month ago#7
hey_dr_savage posted...
@sano83 I am curious, if you haven't done the Queen of Cards quest but can still win those cards from left Diamond, can you still refine the QoC cards over and over? I can't remember where I read it, but I've been understanding that you can win them, but cannot refine them over and over like the rest unless you have done the quest.

The CC quest was completed, and so the QoC quest. However, I need to change the rules in Trabia, for the left Diamond is from Trabia, and she plays with whatever rules are in Trabia before disc 3 or at the end of disc 3, which is where I am playing now. As I said,
P.S. I just checked Trabia rules, and it has the worst rules EVER. These are the rules in Trabia: *Open, *Same/Plus/Same Wall, *Elemental, and "Trade rule: One".
So how do I change these terrible rules in Trabia before I move on with the story to DISC 4? Thank you for any help here, for I have yet to find any info on the WEB about changing rules in Trabia this late in the game.
Ciao!

User Info: shinryu_omega

shinryu_omega
1 month ago#8
It looks like you would need some place to have random to change the rules. If there is somewhere you haven't abolished random, get those rules to try and abolish the rules from Trabia. If you abolished random from everywhere, you can pay the QoC to add new rules to the region she's in. You would need to add several rules before she adds random, so you would want her to be somewhere you no longer care about the rules.
FC: 1865-2265-6694 IGN: Coma

orestesdd
1 month ago#9
shinryu_omega posted...
It looks like you would need some place to have random to change the rules. If there is somewhere you haven't abolished random, get those rules to try and abolish the rules from Trabia. If you abolished random from everywhere, you can pay the QoC to add new rules to the region she's in. You would need to add several rules before she adds random, so you would want her to be somewhere you no longer care about the rules.

Oh well, I have her at the Esthar Palace, which is where I want her to be to finish DISC 3, and move on to DISC 4. Thus, that option seems to be out of question. Anyhow, thank you.
Ciao!
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. [spoilers] Question regarding QoC and miscellaneous things
  • Post New Message