• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. What's the best way to beat the all of the last 4 bosses on Final Fantasy VIII?

User Info: Nobodies

Nobodies
3 weeks ago#1
Been playing Final Fantasy VIII Remaster now since it's been out and I'm stuck on the last bosses. Griever wipes my team out with that move he does at the end!

What's the best method for all the bosses please?

Thank you

User Info: DouglasQuade

DouglasQuade
3 weeks ago#2
Not trying to be rude, but seriously? It should honestly be a cake walk for you! Do you have the best weapons and limit breaks for everyone?

I went in that fight the last time with Quistis, Rinoa and Zell and none of them were wiped.
See you at the party, Richter!
*I'm a straight male*
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Nobodies
3 weeks ago#3
My characters only have about 3000 HP so that probably doesn't help lol this is the first time I've gone through ff8 so I haven't got a clue really

User Info: sano83

sano83
3 weeks ago#4
Shockwave Pulsar is a magical attack so
To nullify:
Hero
Hero War.
Hero War Trial.
RInoa Limit -> Invincible Moon

To reduce the damage:
Shell/Auto-Shell.
High Spr by junction good magic or and Spr + 60%.
Summoning a GF to shield part of the attack.
Worst possible Mighty Guard apply Shell and Protect (Quistis blue magic limit).
Selphie Wall apply Shell and Protect.

The best method for all the bosses is doing damage so fast that they can barely have a chance to attack.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
Garrus Vakarian - "So. Who needs their ass kicked now?"
(edited 3 weeks ago)

DouglasQuade
3 weeks ago#5
Nobodies posted...
My characters only have about 3000 HP so that probably doesn't help lol this is the first time I've gone through ff8 so I haven't got a clue really

Ah! You made it farther than me my first time. lol Hmm... Are they at low levels or just HP? Do you have any HP+ in your Junction menu?

Or if you have Selphie, you could just use Slot and go for "The End." Haha
*I'm a straight male*
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Nobodies
3 weeks ago#6
Thank you for the help sano83 :)

User Info: Snake_eyebrows

Snake_eyebrows
3 weeks ago#7
Nobodies posted...

You need to junction some better magic to your Hp. I'm on disc 1 and I have 3500+ hp, because I have 100 regens on my hp. At your level in the game you should have way better magic than I do.

Mess around junctioning magic and find what gives you the highest numbers.

User Info: sano83

sano83
3 weeks ago#8
DouglasQuade posted...

He is having problems with Shockwave Pulsar.
I think that Shockwave Pulsar is a scripted attack, that Griever will do no matter what. If you use The End on him, he will use the attack.

But I might be wrong.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
Garrus Vakarian - "So. Who needs their ass kicked now?"

Nobodies
3 weeks ago#9
Yeah low levels too. I noticed that the battles scale to your characters level so I assumed that you didn't really need to battle much (huge backlog of games lol) so I rushed through it abit. My fault I know lol

DouglasQuade
3 weeks ago#10
sano83 posted...
DouglasQuade posted...

He is having problems with Shockwave Pulsar.
I think that Shockwave Pulsar is a scripted attack, that Griever will do no matter what. If you use The End on him, he will use the attack.

But I might be wrong.

I never thought of that and yes, I believe you're right. I've never done a "no grind" playthrough (except as a kid and didn't understand the junction system) so I don't know the struggle. lol
*I'm a straight male*
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. What's the best way to beat the all of the last 4 bosses on Final Fantasy VIII?
  • Post New Message