• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Always baffled me... (Spoilers)

User Info: DouglasQuade

DouglasQuade
3 weeks ago#1
Why does Adel look like a dude?? I mean those abs, muscles and lack of any female characteristics always make me laugh.

I'm surprised that there isn't more discussion about "her" in this day and age. Equally surprised with how Ultimicia is portrayed. People were complaining about censorship? They've obviously never made it to the end of the game and seen her.
See you at the party, Richter!
*I'm a straight male*

DouglasQuade
3 weeks ago#2
🤷‍♂
*I'm a straight male*

User Info: dsaddict

dsaddict
3 weeks ago#3
A woman with a man's torso. You usually see the reverse with bosses in other jrpgs. I'm looking at you, Lunar 2.
"I look like a boss, I feel like a boss, I taste like a boss..." Max B
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: SoraOwnKeyblade

SoraOwnKeyblade
3 weeks ago#4
She's a bodybuilder in her spare time. She wants to look more imposing.
So sayeth the ruler of Bethos.

User Info: sano83

sano83
3 weeks ago#5
Right, because she isnt imposing enough, being at least twice as tall as everyone else.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
Garrus Vakarian - "So. Who needs their ass kicked now?"

User Info: SoraOwnKeyblade

SoraOwnKeyblade
3 weeks ago#6
You can never look too imposing.
So sayeth the ruler of Bethos.

User Info: Uncle_biggs23

Uncle_biggs23
3 weeks ago#7
There’s a story that you can hear from two different NPCs in the game that talk about the story of Hyne. They both tell the story in a similar way but use different gender pronouns, with one using “he” and the other “she”. Some people theorize that this could hint at Adel being the Great Hyne, considering how she is a woman who could very easily be mistaken for a man. Since this game’s lore and backstory is typically given through subtle hints (such as who Rinoa’s mother was, as well as the identity of Squall’s parents) it’s definitely enticing, although most likely untrue.

User Info: Inxentas

Inxentas
3 weeks ago#8
Why so surprised? The East in general has been and still is more playfull with the concept of androgynity.

I've always figured they simply used more masculine features to give Adel a certain 'air'. As a ruthless woman that cares little for appearance and only cares for power.
Kept you waiting, huh?

DouglasQuade
3 weeks ago#9
Inxentas posted...
Why so surprised? The East in general has been and still is more playfull with the concept of androgynity.

I've always figured they simply used more masculine features to give Adel a certain 'air'. As a ruthless woman that cares little for appearance and only cares for power.

What about Ultimicia? She's worse in the idea of wanting power, but looks like she should be working in a brothel. 😂
*I'm a straight male*

User Info: mr369248

mr369248
3 weeks ago#10
Shame, she could've just said she identifies as a man.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Always baffled me... (Spoilers)
  • Post New Message