• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Is There Any Real Downside to Turning Off Random Battles?

User Info: Losttraveler

Losttraveler
4 weeks ago#1
I kind of just want to focus on the story this time around. Will I be screwed over at some point, or will the infinite HP mode be good enough for bosses?
"Never fear, Smith is here"

User Info: SpaghettiNoodle

SpaghettiNoodle
4 weeks ago#2
The game scales enemies to your level so it's no at all.
Switch friend code: Sw-8577-5447-3298. Currently playing Splatoon 2 (DonnaRhea)

User Info: ArcaneSpiezer

ArcaneSpiezer
4 weeks ago#3
Its very possible to cheese the game even without the boosters. So yeah you can just zip through if you wanted.

User Info: Losttraveler

Losttraveler
4 weeks ago#4
Right, I forgot all about the scaling.
"Never fear, Smith is here"

User Info: DouglasQuade

DouglasQuade
4 weeks ago#5
It's useful once you've maxed out everyone and everything. You can just push through after that point.
See you at the party, Richter!
*I'm a straight male*

User Info: dantedeschain13

dantedeschain13
4 weeks ago#6
Just bear in mind if you are using the infinite stat things, you can still be killed if you get hit for more than your max HP. So if you never junction anything and something hits you for 2000, you will die
F*** you, Desert Bluffs

User Info: Snake_eyebrows

Snake_eyebrows
4 weeks ago#7
Just make sure you are getting AP for your GF abilities. Spend some time killing cactaurs and you'll never need random battles for anything, except drawing, and possibly carding.

User Info: Weejiez

Weejiez
3 weeks ago#8
It'll make the game a breeze, especially if you play any triple triad and refine the cards for magic to junction.
ADAM COLE, BAY BAY!!! \m/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtWgQ1XPX4E

User Info: AshleyTheTiger

AshleyTheTiger
3 weeks ago#9
Seed rank will go down. Im on disc 3 with alot of no battles an its rank 6, started at 11, timber boosted it to 12, nothing too bad, means more of a pain using the test to raise seed rank for the trophy.

Its something to do with the battles, fight alot, it goes up, avoid battles alot it goes down.

The bonus money? Just do that money trick (buy x item refine to mega potion sell mega potion, think it needs tonberry gf tho)
for tf2 trade my steam id is ashleythetiger (disgaea rocks long live good ending Laharl)
My Chinese Zodiac is the tiger,My Star Sign Is Pisces

User Info: Ariax

Ariax
3 weeks ago#10
Experience grinding isn't nearly as important in this game as it is in other JRPGs. In fact, it actually HELPS if you don't level up too much.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Is There Any Real Downside to Turning Off Random Battles?
  • Post New Message