• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Ultimecia's fate SPOILERS

User Info: TrueBURP

TrueBURP
4 weeks ago#21
That's probably still a time loop thingy. Something like:

Ultimecia goes back in time and try to kompress time >> SeeD defeat her, but people still fear sorceress >> sorceress hunts keeps ocurring because people are afraid of Ultimecia being born and kompressing time >> Ultimecia is ultimately born and gets her powers amid that fear, suffer from it, goes crazy, and decide to go back in time to kompress time.

In the end there's not really a way out of the loop, and part of the meaning of the game is to understand and make peace to that (Squall ultimately does, at least). Remember they probably don't even know who Ultimecia will be in the first place; I doubt that's even her baptism name, it could well be self-given one once she attains her sorceress powers and begins her battle against SeeD. They would have to go all witch hunt on every sorceress that is born, not all of which will be very welcoming to either being killed or frozen in space or just never gets to find a reliable knight, and in the end it sets in motion the whole loop all over again...
SCREAM POETRY...
Isn't it canon that Ultimecia just becomes a regular cheesburger?
F*** you, Desert Bluffs
Ok, now I am really sad. Thanks for that.....
Mutton, Fresh Mutton! Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: The only game where TREES put you in Full Nelsons.

User Info: Aeneas11

Aeneas11
3 weeks ago#24
xx_SaintBoot_xx posted...

Well, what was your initial interpretation of the ending?

User Info: DouglasQuade

DouglasQuade
3 weeks ago#25
What if Odine never did his research on Ellone with his machine? I've never seen anyone use that argument. If his machine was destroyed/never built in the past, Ultimicia would have never been able to get to Edea.

At the same time, SeeD would never exist.
See you at the party, Richter!
*I'm a straight male*

User Info: MMX377

MMX377
3 weeks ago#26
IDouglasQuade posted...
What if Odine never did his research on Ellone with his machine? I've never seen anyone use that argument. If his machine was destroyed/never built in the past, Ultimicia would have never been able to get to Edea.

At the same time, SeeD would never exist.

Sorceresses still exist because of Hyne's descentants (sp?). If Dr. Odine never did research on Ellone or Sorceress Adel's weakness, Sorecess Adel still reigned over the world and Ultimecia may existed or not existed. Even SeeD or Garden cannot stopped Adel or Ultimecia either.
"Get up!! Show me your true power!" Ryu's victory quote in SF3
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Aeneas11 posted...
xx_SaintBoot_xx posted...

Well, what was your initial interpretation of the ending?

That they were just showing us what happened in the past and that once everyone went back to their original time, it would just end fix everything like back to the future, no continous cycle. Endless continous repeated sadness and death is not something I wish on anyone. It's too cruel.
Mutton, Fresh Mutton! Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: The only game where TREES put you in Full Nelsons.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: bloodless

bloodless
3 weeks ago#28
What if Ultimecia's ultimate goal was to assimilate all the power of all the sorceresses(?) by possessing them, and then directing her own power to herself in the futures she is trying to escape?

User Info: TrueBURP

TrueBURP
3 weeks ago#29
bloodless posted...
What if Ultimecia's ultimate goal was to assimilate all the power of all the sorceresses(?) by possessing them, and then directing her own power to herself in the futures she is trying to escape?

I think that is part of her goal. I remember the info data about time compression mentioning something about in a time compressed world, the power of multiple sorceresses would merge into a single one, giving her immense strenght. (That's probably what happens by the end of the final boss fight, when Ultimecia reaches her final form and can use the Apocalypse spell).
SCREAM POETRY...

User Info: SSJ_Jin

SSJ_Jin
3 weeks ago#30
You guys are acting like Ultimecia keeps being reborn and then dies over and over again. She's born once. She's beaten by Squall once. And she dies. While "time is a loop," she's gone. It's not as tragic as you guys are making it out to be. She lives one life and that's it.

If she never compressed time she never would have been beaten by Squall. If anything she's a clown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D809OzU42Wo
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Ultimecia's fate SPOILERS
  • Post New Message