• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. What GF combination allows all stat junctioning?

User Info: Fondantcookie

Fondantcookie
4 weeks ago#1
Hi all.

Ive got all GFs and am just wondering if there is a particular combination of GFs that allow a party of three to junction magic to ALL of the stats? (Ie all three characters able to junction to HP, Str, Vit, Mag, Spr, Spd, Eva, Hit and Luck?)

I’ve tried a few combinations and seem to be missing a few especially HP, Luck, Hit and Eva.

Is there a way to do as standard this or do I need to make a GF forget an ability and then learn a new one using a scroll (eg Vit-J)

Thanks in advance :-)

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 weeks ago#2
Only two GF have Hit%-J, but Squall never needed that, And Selphie doesnt need that with the last weapon.

Fondantcookie posted...
Is there a way to do as standard this or do I need to make a GF forget an ability and then learn a new one using a scroll (eg Vit-J)

You can mug a Spd-J from Cerberus (Disk 2)
You can mug infinite Luck-J from Odin (Disk 2)
You get one Aegis Amulet in the PuPu sidequest, which make a GF learn Eva-J (Disk 3).
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]

User Info: shinryu_omega

shinryu_omega
4 weeks ago#3
This time around, I'm using the guide on this site by bover_87. With their suggestions, I needed several items, mostly from card refining, to get all stats junctioned. Here is the setup and what I needed:

Strength:
-Shiva
-Diablos
-Pandemona
-Alexander
-Cactuar

Needed Stat Atk, Stat Guard. I also used Str + 60, Mag + 60, and 4x Ability. Could use Expend 3-1.

Defense:
-Brothers
-Carbuncle
-Leviathan
-Doomtrain
-Tonberry
-Eden

Needed Luck J, and I gave it Str a Mag + 60. Could possibly use 4x Ability.

Magic:
-Quetzalcoatl
-Ifrit
-Siren
-Cerberus
-Bahamut

Needed Eva J, Luck J, Elem Def x4, Expend 3-1, and I gave it HP + 80.

This doesn't take too long, but does require a fair amount of Amnesia Greens.
FC: 1865-2265-6694 IGN: Coma
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: ArcaneSpiezer

ArcaneSpiezer
4 weeks ago#4
Just buy stat-j items from the pet shops, problem solved.

sano83
4 weeks ago#5
ArcaneSpiezer posted...

The ones needed are the ones that cant be buy like, Spd, Eva, Hit and Luck.

User Info: Djoser2000

Djoser2000
3 weeks ago#6
sano83 posted...
ArcaneSpiezer posted...

Correct, but luck is a s***ty stat, esp for low level runs,due to Odin.
'The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.' Charles Bukowski

sano83
3 weeks ago#7
Djoser2000 posted...
sano83 posted...
ArcaneSpiezer posted...

Correct, but luck is a s***ty stat, esp for low level runs,due to Odin.

Not really. Since there is no reason to do a low level run AND get Odin, and no reason to do a low level run AND get random battles.

User Info: ArcaneSpiezer

ArcaneSpiezer
3 weeks ago#8
You can get enough free Spd-j and Luck-j scrolls throughout the game, and from various GFs automatically, so those are nothing to worry about.
Eva-j from cactuar, eden, and aegis amulet. Hit-j from diablos, cerberus, and eden.

That just leaves the ones you can easily purchase from the pet stores.

sano83
3 weeks ago#9
ArcaneSpiezer posted...
Hit-j from diablos, cerberus, and eden.

Right, there are 3 of them. I dont know why I was sure it was only two.
I was so sure that I was writting already "nope, there are only two GF with that", but went to check just for the sake of seeing which ones they where.

Only Cactuar have Luck-J, but like you said, you get some during the game.

User Info: FaiFlowright

FaiFlowright
3 weeks ago#10
So... After doing some spreadsheet analysis, this is the best setup that I have found that requires the least manipulation of abilities to get full junctioning capability on a team of 3. (This assumes a team split of a "leader" (Squall/Selphie) with high accuracy, "bruiser" (Zell/Irvine) with strong physical-based attacks, and "mage" (Quistis/Rinoa) with strong magical-based attacks.)

Leader GFs:
Ifrit
Siren
Carbuncle
Leviathan
Pandemona
Bahamut

Bruiser GFs:
Shiva
Diablos
Doomtrain
Tonberry
Eden

Mage GFs:
Quezacotl
Brothers
Cerberus
Alexander
Cactaur

This spread not only gives everyone the 5 base junctions without need to edit at all, as well as all 4 extra stats to the Mage, everything but Luck to the Bruiser (which I add to Diablos), but only Speed to the Leader (which I give Eva to Pandemona and Luck to Bahamut, no need for Hit, since both Squall and Selphie have 255 hit with their ultimate weapons). This also gives elem/stat atk and defx4 to everyone except the defx4s to the Leader (which I replace the defx2s of Ifrit and Siren). Rosetta stones from the prison are given to Diablos, Carbuncle, and Alexander to replace their Abilityx3s as early as possible (you can skip Carbuncle for Bahamut if you want, but it won't come until late disc 3 and you can start power-leveling when you first get to Esthar, which requires Carbuncle anyway)
This also puts Mug on two separate characters, as well as Treatment/Recover, Card/Revive, and Lvl Up/Down on separate characters, as well as Initiative/Auto-Potion/Move-HP Up on each character. It also nicely spreads Move-Find, Enc-None, Rare Item, and Alert around as evenly as possible.

I think that covers the most important abilities...o.o *dies*
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. What GF combination allows all stat junctioning?
  • Post New Message