• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Power generator ? (Blitz)

User Info: Fondantcookie

Fondantcookie
4 weeks ago#1
I messed up so didn’t get the power generator in the lunatic Pandora.

Am am I right in thinking the only way now it so MUG a level 30+ BLITZ on the Cetra continent?

And that I should turn off the RARE drop ability...?

(I swear there was a way to get one by refining items back on the PS1 but I can’t find any mention of it these days so I must be thinking of something else). Hmmm

Thanks in advance

User Info: geckodogma

geckodogma
4 weeks ago#2
In the original ps1 game, supposedly it was also obtainable from Chocobo World, so you could try Angelo Search here.
My channel with random game videos https://goo.gl/G7wg15

User Info: DualArms

DualArms
4 weeks ago#3
Ray Generator is one of the few Blue Magic items that cannot be refined from items or modded from cards.

Yes, mugging ftom level 30+ Blitzes is your only other alternative, and remember not to set Rare Item ability on any of your characters.

PSN ID: ChaosRaiden999 (Blank Friend Requests will be ignored)
Youtube Channel: https://goo.gl/LJXnb8 | Reviews Blog: https://goo.gl/Qk7uyY

User Info: C4rnif3X

C4rnif3X
4 weeks ago#4
Ya it's not a complete nightmare with 3x speed this time around

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 weeks ago#5
Do NOT use the Rare Item ability.

Every enemy have the chance to drop 4 items, which vary in % of drop.
If you equip Rare Items, it will lower a bit the % of the first item, improve a lot the chance of the second, do almost nothing for the third, and REMOVE the drop chance of the last item (which is usually the better one, or the one with the most quantity).

If you are still on disk 3 or before, and have already obtained Odin, it is best for you to try Angelo Search right now.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]

User Info: Fondantcookie

Fondantcookie
4 weeks ago#6
Thanks all. I got one last night. Had two of the team mugging and 3x speed. Took about half an hour

User Info: SeeDStephen

SeeDStephen
4 weeks ago#7
sano83 posted...

If you equip Rare Items, it will lower a bit the % of the first item, improve a lot the chance of the second, do almost nothing for the third, and REMOVE the drop chance of the last item (which is usually the better one, or the one with the most quantity).

If you are still on disk 3 or before, and have already obtained Odin, it is best for you to try Angelo Search right now.

So am I right in assuming the Rare Item glitch was never fixed?
Not changing sig until any remaster of the following is announced...
Mass Effect 1/2/3, Fallout 3 or New Vegas

User Info: sano83

sano83
4 weeks ago#8
SeeDStephen posted...
sano83 posted...

So am I right in assuming the Rare Item glitch was never fixed?

I dont have the new version of the game, but it was never fixed prior that, and I saw no one commenting on how it was fixed.
[Your hair is winter fire, January embers, My heart burns there too.]
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Power generator ? (Blitz)
  • Topic Archived