• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. This game's dialogue is so cringy.

User Info: GTurtlte

GTurtlte
4 weeks ago#21
1Tekkaman posted...
ChrisRedfield77 posted...
1Tekkaman posted...
1Tekkaman posted...
ZulHero posted...
Obvious troll is obvious

My favorite FF is X and even that doesn't help me overlook the cringyness of that game. I'm playing 8 for the first time and I haven't experience any cringe inducing moment aside from Irvine or maybe Zell in Timber

Irvine in general? And Zell in Timber? Like when he rats out the garden? That’s supposed to make you cringe.

Irvine gets a small handful of cringe moments, none of which are in the same galaxy of cringe as most of X. Zell, since when was that supposed to make you cringe? Think him an idiot, perhaps, but that's not the same thing.

Cringe in the way of “oh s***, he really shouldn’t have said that” not cringe as in “wow, this dialogue is dumb.”

Point taken. Still doesn't rise to the level of X cringe.

100% in agreement. I don’t like to play X if there’s anyone over at my house due to the extreme cringy-ness.

There is no game that has me scrambling for the mute button more than Final Fantasy X. Original Grandia is a distant second, much as I love the game. Distant because the dialogue is IMO better, and nowhere near as much is voiced, so the bad acting has less impact.

Beowulf the game beats all for cringeness
"Welcome back, To the stage of history"

User Info: WhiteBaitKent

WhiteBaitKent
4 weeks ago#22
as someone who is currently going through disc 3 of FF8 and has just beaten 7 and 9, 9 had the cringiest dialogue.
The cancer to video games is if I fail it is the games fault mentality.
Failure is part of growth and everyone wants to skip this and go right to the success

User Info: ChrisRedfield77

ChrisRedfield77
4 weeks ago#23
WhiteBaitKent posted...
as someone who is currently going through disc 3 of FF8 and has just beaten 7 and 9, 9 had the cringiest dialogue.

I actually really like the dialogue in IX. The life and death themes can get a little heavy handed, but I think they do a mostly stellar job of hitting a nice balance between end of the world gravity and fantastical whimsy.
"He is sleeping with the ultimate failure"
-Chris Redfield

User Info: cjtencounter

cjtencounter
4 weeks ago#24
1Tekkaman posted...
cjtencounter posted...
1Tekkaman posted...
I've seen cringey dialogue, and VIII doesn't even come close. X, certainly, but not VIII.

Yeah, as much as I love FFX some parts in that game were pure embarrassing. One that ALWAYS comes to mind is that stupid laugh scene between Tidus and Yuna. Goddd. *facepalms* Nothing in FFVIII even remotely comes close to that level of cringe.

Eh, the infamous laughing scene is the least of my concerns. Worst for me is the bit at the Thunder Plains travel agency, where Tidus listens on in Yuna. "Ugh" does not begin to cover it.

Recently I have been replaying FFX on the PS3 (HD version.) I'm at the big centipede thing battle where the crusaders are preparing for sin's attack, etc. Anyway, once I get to that part it'll refresh my memory. I bet it's cringey I just don't really recall that scene right now for some reason....
TOP 5 consoles: 1. PS1 | 2. PS2 | 3. NES | 4. Genesis | 5. PS3

User Info: WhiteBaitKent

WhiteBaitKent
4 weeks ago#25
WhiteBaitKent posted...

I actually really like the dialogue in IX. The life and death themes can get a little heavy handed, but I think they do a mostly stellar job of hitting a nice balance between end of the world gravity and fantastical whimsy.

Don't get me wrong I love the game and it's charm but the dialogue at times makes me wince a bit
The cancer to video games is if I fail it is the games fault mentality.
Failure is part of growth and everyone wants to skip this and go right to the success

User Info: Darth_Havok

Darth_Havok
4 weeks ago#26
Opinions, etc
XBOX GT: Guilty Griever
PSN: Darth-Griever

User Info: altblahblahblah

altblahblahblah
4 weeks ago#27
michaeluk2014 posted...
1Tekkaman posted...
michaeluk2014 posted...
As with any rpg imo, dialogue sucks.. Gameplay matters.

If you think "dialogue sucks" in "any RPG," you haven't played many RPGs. And yes, it does matter; engrossing stories are what separate RPGs (especially JRPGs) from other genres.

I certainly have played many rpg's. I'm waiting for a remaster of chrono trigger ')

there are two

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ds/950181-chrono-trigger

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/iphone/650658-chrono-trigger

User Info: tonberryking

tonberryking
4 weeks ago#28
Everyone in this game is as dumb as a sack of potatoes. Ugh, they're so dumb.
Tonberryking, the protector of all Tonberries.

User Info: ChrisRedfield77

ChrisRedfield77
4 weeks ago#29
tonberryking posted...

All of your topics are dumb. Ugh, they’re so dumb.
"He is sleeping with the ultimate failure"
-Chris Redfield

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
4 weeks ago#30
tonberryking posted...

Ludicrous, to put it mildly.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. This game's dialogue is so cringy.
  • Topic Archived