• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. This game's dialogue is so cringy.

User Info: tonberryking

tonberryking
4 weeks ago#1
I think I didn't feel this much cringe when I played FF7 in Japanese. Playing FF8 in English or Japanese is just cringe. I'm having buyers remorse. 8 is the worst Final Fantasy..
Tonberryking, the protector of all Tonberries.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Quistis04

Quistis04
4 weeks ago#2
tonberryking posted...
I think I didn't feel this much cringe when I played FF7 in Japanese. Playing FF8 in English or Japanese is just cringe. I'm having buyers remorse. 8 is the worst Final Fantasy..

Yeah noone cares. Try 12 that's more your speed.

User Info: tonberryking

tonberryking
4 weeks ago#3
Quistis04 posted...
Yeah noone cares. Try 12 that's more your speed.

12 wasn't too bad. The story was pretty okay. I might like it more now that I'm into the occult and esoteric religions.
Tonberryking, the protector of all Tonberries.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
4 weeks ago#4
I've seen cringey dialogue, and VIII doesn't even come close. X, certainly, but not VIII.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: michaeluk2014

michaeluk2014
4 weeks ago#5
As with any rpg imo, dialogue sucks.. Gameplay matters.
Psn Michael2008ish

User Info: tonberrymasta

tonberrymasta
4 weeks ago#6
It's just the opposite in my view. The characters in this game have a reality to them that is lacking in FFVII and IX; it is one of the games biggest strengths.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
4 weeks ago#7
michaeluk2014 posted...

If you think "dialogue sucks" in "any RPG," you haven't played many RPGs. And yes, it does matter; engrossing stories are what separate RPGs (especially JRPGs) from other genres.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: michaeluk2014

michaeluk2014
4 weeks ago#8
1Tekkaman posted...
michaeluk2014 posted...

If you think "dialogue sucks" in "any RPG," you haven't played many RPGs. And yes, it does matter; engrossing stories are what separate RPGs (especially JRPGs) from other genres.

I certainly have played many rpg's. I'm waiting for a remaster of chrono trigger ')
Psn Michael2008ish

User Info: ChrisRedfield77

ChrisRedfield77
4 weeks ago#9
tonberrymasta posted...
It's just the opposite in my view. The characters in this game have a reality to them that is lacking in FFVII and IX; it is one of the games biggest strengths.

Agree 100%
"He is sleeping with the ultimate failure"
-Chris Redfield

User Info: cjtencounter

cjtencounter
4 weeks ago#10
1Tekkaman posted...
I've seen cringey dialogue, and VIII doesn't even come close. X, certainly, but not VIII.

Yeah, as much as I love FFX some parts in that game were pure embarrassing. One that ALWAYS comes to mind is that stupid laugh scene between Tidus and Yuna. Goddd. *facepalms* Nothing in FFVIII even remotely comes close to that level of cringe.
TOP 5 consoles: 1. PS1 | 2. PS2 | 3. NES | 4. Genesis | 5. PS3
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. This game's dialogue is so cringy.
  • Post New Message