• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. If squall was my friend........

User Info: GTurtlte

GTurtlte
3 weeks ago#11
Smiffwilm posted...
... whatever.

Go talk to a wall. Favorite line ever
"Welcome back, To the stage of history"
(edited 3 weeks ago)
If he was my friend, I wouldn’t refer to him in the past-tense after he dies.
For any whom this post happens to offend, I can get you a great deal on a spine.
michaeluk2014 posted...
I would tell him Not to associate with me.

...You wouldn't really be friends then, would you?
My signature does not define me. It is just a signature.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
3 weeks ago#14
Dissidia_Crazed posted...
michaeluk2014 posted...

...You wouldn't really be friends then, would you?

This.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Darth_Havok

Darth_Havok
3 weeks ago#15
lol @ Squall being your friend. He'd never. Neither would we. Love the internet
XBOX GT: Guilty Griever
PSN: Darth-Griever
Darth_Havok posted...

I don't care if my friend(s) has an attitude problem. If I can trust they'll be there when I need them, that's enough.

That's exactly how Squall is: hard to like, but easy to trust. If someone like him has your back, you know you're good to go.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
3 weeks ago#17
Darth_Havok posted...

I don't care if my friend(s) has an attitude problem. If I can trust they'll be there when I need them, that's enough.

That's exactly how Squall is: hard to like, but easy to trust. If someone like him has your back, you know you're good to go.

A good example would be the time he leaps down several floors to save Zell from that warden in the prison.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
1Tekkaman posted...
Darth_Havok posted...

A good example would be the time he leaps down several floors to save Zell from that warden in the prison.

Yeah, I think people just ignore the good things he does and qualities he has for...whatever reason. An "a******" would not help people whom were near-death or in danger of any kind. Squall may be reluctant to do these things sometimes, but he still does them. He knows people are counting on him and doesn't want to let them down.

I think one way of looking at it is that, after the "abandonment" Squall has suffered in his life, he doesn't want anyone else to feel that way. So he does his best to make sure that, at the least, he can be there for others even if no one is there for him.

User Info: Tatunen08

Tatunen08
3 weeks ago#19
michaeluk2014 posted...

But...... why? Squall is actually a decent person and reliable leader. He's just socially awkward.
I was too lazy to make a signature.

User Info: GTurtlte

GTurtlte
3 weeks ago#20
Tatunen08 posted...
michaeluk2014 posted...

But...... why? Squall is actually a decent person and reliable leader. He's just socially awkward.

I’d honestly hang out with the ff8 crew as a whole. Plus try to win at triple triad
"Welcome back, To the stage of history"
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. If squall was my friend........
  • Post New Message