• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Squall and Rinoa are way more adorable than I remembered
(message deleted)

User Info: Dissidia_Crazed

Dissidia_Crazed
1 month ago#12
Mwahahakekeke posted...
Stover46 posted...
Dissidia_Crazed posted...
I've always liked the pairing; don't care what anyone says. You can see them kind of start to rub off on each other later in the game, too.
Yeah, it definitely doesn't come out of nowhere like some people claim

It comes out of nowhere if you never use Rinoa in your party and act like a jerk towards her whenever possible.

Which is entirely up to the player. Gameplay isn't canon -- player-choice included, in this game; cutscenes and story events are.
My signature does not define me. It is just a signature.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
1 month ago#13
Ah, someone who gets it!
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: mr369248

mr369248
1 month ago#14
It's almost like an anime!

User Info: dillydally123

dillydally123
1 month ago#15
Quistis04 posted...
The chemistry with Squall and Rinoa is completely nonexistent and your garden variety middle school crush, felt more by the girl. Of course your typical anime geek disagrees, but it's ok because that is the games targeted audience. Rinoa would be the girl for me if I was Japanese or Asian. Problem with this relationship is that Squall is a real man and will outgrow her soon. This is where the titillating Quistis comes in.

What makes you think Rinoa won't also grow as Squall grows? Pretty sure Rinoa shows growth within the game itself.

User Info: tonberryking

tonberryking
1 month ago#16
Stover46 posted...
The way she picks with his moodiness and slowly breaks down his wall was pretty cute. Too bad you can miss a lot of it if you don't bring her to Balamb

Exactly why I hate the game. She turns him into a beta male.
Tonberryking, the protector of all Tonberries.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
1 month ago#17
tonberryking posted...
Stover46 posted...
The way she picks with his moodiness and slowly breaks down his wall was pretty cute. Too bad you can miss a lot of it if you don't bring her to Balamb

Except she doesn't. There is literally nothing that supports such an absurd claim.

dillydally123 posted...
Quistis04 posted...
The chemistry with Squall and Rinoa is completely nonexistent and your garden variety middle school crush, felt more by the girl. Of course your typical anime geek disagrees, but it's ok because that is the games targeted audience. Rinoa would be the girl for me if I was Japanese or Asian. Problem with this relationship is that Squall is a real man and will outgrow her soon. This is where the titillating Quistis comes in.

What makes you think Rinoa won't also grow as Squall grows? Pretty sure Rinoa shows growth within the game itself.

Sure does. For example, she clearly learns from her near-death experience in Deling City and never goes off half-cocked again.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: Dissidia_Crazed

Dissidia_Crazed
1 month ago#18
1Tekkaman posted...
tonberryking posted...
Stover46 posted...

Except she doesn't. There is literally nothing that supports such an absurd claim.

dillydally123 posted...
Quistis04 posted...

Sure does. For example, she clearly learns from her near-death experience in Deling City and never goes off half-cocked again.

Pretty sure that's supposed to be a bad thing. In today's world, how dare someone, even a fictional character, choose love and acceptance over, well...nothing at all. I guess people would have been happier had Squall just stayed lonely and negative all the time. Meanwhile, Squall's whole story was about accepting his situation and letting others into his life.
My signature does not define me. It is just a signature.

User Info: mr369248

mr369248
1 month ago#19
I think it would have been more tolerable if it burned at a steadier pace.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  3. Squall and Rinoa are way more adorable than I remembered
  • Topic Archived